TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM campaign "Reunion With Basso" (08/30/2012)

thanks!

Thanks very much, Zappen. This mission is really superb!!

frits

Cure Souvenirs

Thanks.

Now here are the Cure Souvenirs, all the new objects of my campaign.

Some of them are self-made, others have been converted from other websites (I contacted the authors and received their permission to host the BIN counterparts, so if you should use those objects in your own FM please mention them and their websites).
    Last edited by zappen; 25th Mar 2017 at 13:13. Reason: URL changed
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Mission 2's time portal thing doesn't work. I walk into the chamber with all objectives completed, go over and click on of the 4 buttons, a blue solid object appears with some lights, and then I approach the object and bump into it. No teleport or anything, just stuck in the chamber. Really really annoyed by this.

Ooops ... a glowing SFX fog should appear. Don't know why there is a solid object instead.

Maybe an incomplete installation or are you playing under NewDark? There seem to be some bad surprises in FMs which have been developed under 1.18 conventions as this FM is (it had been published a few weeks before ND came up).

Sorry Iceblade, the only advice I can give you is to skip into the next mission.

Just started playing this mission on Hard, and have a quick question, regarding the brother Behal temple treasure...I found a chest in the storage looking room inside the church but if that's the treasure it didn't tick off, so I'm assuming there's some more to be found? If so, assuming that brother Behal is the high priest, would it be in the church? Thanks

Never mind, so sorry, I keep forgetting to look up.
    Last edited by llanita; 23rd Aug 2013 at 17:55.

Mission 2 - step into Time Tunnel - screen goes mostly black with a blue ring in the middle areas then I find myself in a lava pit dead no way out of this!

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead View Post
    Mission 2 - Time Tunnel - lava pit dead … no way out of this!
    What am I missing?
    Did you hit the right key on that panel before you went into the TT?
    Last edited by zappen; 6th Dec 2016 at 06:40.

d. Dec 2017
    Whoa...forgot what a great 3-part mission this is, and replaying after 2 years. I do have New Dark, but have not yet run into problems.
    I have a question for Mission 2. I am in the chamber with stairs leading down to the ladder where I will meet the fire skeletons and eventually find the king's crown and scepter. There are what appear to be 2 metal braziers along the way that are frobbable. Can't figure out what to do with them.
    Any help appreciated.

d. Dec 2017
    Helloooooo...anyone home?

d. Dec 2017

???

I'm bumping this again.

Check Ricebugs walkthrough for that mission.
    http://www.bogadocious.com/thief/FMLists/2012.html
    It does not mention any braziers, so I guess you are on the wrong track and need to figure out something else.

Coolest thing EVER

OK. I want a stone hammer in every mission from now on.

d. Dec 2017
    They may not be braziers, but they are metal, 3-legged stands that highlight and can be frobbed and tossed about. I was able to finish the game without doing anything with the contraptions. Couldn't bring up Ricebug's walkthroughs.
    Anyway, thank you gnartsch for answering my plea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Whoa...forgot what a great 3-part mission this is ...
    Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    ... There are what appear to be 2 metal braziers along the way that are frobbable. Can't figure out what to do with them ...
    They are unimportant for the gameplay ...

d. Dec 2017
    Thank you zappen for your reply in clarification of those two metal stands. Tried everything I could think of to put them to use, to no avail. At least I now know they were not essential to the game.....but they were frobbable.

Great campaign series, and will play again.

Ok, I'm stuck. I am on Part 3 at the very beginning. I know I need a rope arrow to get to wood part of overhead walkway, but I cannot find one anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by K-corlew View Post
    Ok, I'm stuck. I am on Part 3 at the very beginning. I know I need a rope arrow to get to wood part of overhead walkway, but I cannot find one anywhere.
    Hm, there should be one in your inventory ... istn't it? Well, it's a wine arrow but that doesn't matter.

Help corrupted save

Hi can some kind soul send me a save position, just at the beginning of part 3 if they have it.. mines was corrupted and stupidly I only use quick save

Had to start from the beginning again and am now nearing the end.. Only problem is I can't get into Kaputti's house, the gate is locked,jumping from the apartment to the balcony works but though I can see in the wheelchair guy etc I get stuck in the doorway.. I then have to reload the save.. is this a bug or am I missing something? I have the shield found both hammerites and have the wine Outright hint please

NM finished it
    Last edited by teflonmike1; 29th Jun 2015 at 11:23.

Never make a quicksave while a conversation is running ...

BTW ... could anybody make a "Let's Play" of it? Might be a long one but I'd like to see how others will manage to get thru this ...

just replay the series and wow so good,anyone new to thief ,give this series a try a few tricky spots but this boards covers most tips/hints

This campaign is covered with lots of dust meanwhile, nevertheless thanks to Jax and Unna there is a DML available now in order to fix some ND incompatibilities (prevent illegal climbings on fences and helping some poor AIs who are stuck).

DML1

//Reunion with Basso: Fix climbable fences and patrols - miss24.mis.dml

+ObjProp 492 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    "" false
    }
    +ObjProp 485 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    "" false
    }
    +ObjProp 875 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    "" false
    }
    -ObjProp 1170 "CretPose"
    -ObjProp 1171 "Position"
    +ObjProp 1171 "Position"
    {
    "Location" 107,224,-8.0
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 1253 "Position"
    +ObjProp 1253 "Position"
    {
    "Location" 107,224,-8.0
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0
    }
    ObjProp 410 "AI_IdleOrgn"
    {
    "Original Location" 119,226,-8
    "Original Facing" 270
    }
    The other campaign missions 25 and 26 don't seem to have problems under ND.

Can't proceed,just started the mission and jumped over the wall behind the hammer building via the ''only''barrel,
    Garrett says ''inside at last'' and immediately i get the skull and crossbones...and the mission ends.
    what am i doing wrong??
    and also i can't pick up the sword?playing on normal.

Can't proceed,just started the mission and jumped over the wall behind the hammer building via the ''only''barrel,
    Garrett says ''inside at last'' and immediately i get the skull and crossbones...and the mission ends.
    what am i doing wrong??
    and also i can't pick up the sword?playing on normal.

Thanks to your exact description it is evident that you managed to reach the area with the red guard and the sword before entering the cure zone. Since this should be the last thing to do in that FM (see briefing video!) the DML was made to prevent climbing over the fence. Did the DML not work or did you find another way into that area?

However, climb over the barrel into the cure zone first to fulfil your mission goals first ...

IMHO if there should be a TFix2 soon all objects like fences, statues, lamp posts etc. should get the property "not climbable" as a standard since they were not ment to be accessible under OldDark.

Judging by the description, it sounds like the DML was either not used or was not applied correctly, since it was recently tested to work as intended. When the full FMDML package is made available, the ability to use such fixes will be facilitated.

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    IMHO if there should be a TFix2 soon all objects like fences, statues, lamp posts etc. should get the property "not climbable" as a standard since they were not ment to be accessible under OldDark.
    Yes, you are not the first to suggest this. Currently, T2Fix makes no changes to the NewDark mantling behavior because some feared that it would result in undesired effects in missions designed with it in mind. However, in the future this can be changed if it is decided that it would be of benefit and of minimal risk.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast