TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Yeah, it was some guy who bought a Playstation dev kit off of Ebay years ago and never bothered to look at the discs that came with it.
    Dreamcast.

Looks like ATI/AMD should patch its graphics driver soon .
    BTW, did anybody run this patch on a non-nVidia&ATI graphics hardware: I mean integrated graphics from Intel and rare nowadays S3/VIA? I wonder how smooth and correct the game works on them. According to the Steam statistics, Intel graphics is getting bigger share for a few last years, and that's why I'd like to know what notebook (actually, what graphics in it) I should buy in order to play Thief 2 with no problem. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    It's working. I thought this patch was just a someone's joke, but it's REALLY working !
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Yep...I can confirm that.

PRAISE THE BUILDER, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING...LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!!!...
    Well, I will check it out later, but I trust you guys. SO, ALRIGHTY THEN! Thanks to mystery coder we can say FINALLY!!!
    BUILDER BLESSED US!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

In Game Load Screen

I ran into a problem ; after loading a previous save in the vanilla game; the in games load screen resolution is smaller; 1024 x 720; while in game is 1920x1080. I've poked around in cam.cfg and can't seem to find out the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    And after all the initial reactions I had a few minutes ago are coming down to me downloading the Thief 2 demo. Shall I be the one to confirm that 1.19 works on wine/crossover? I guess so...
    Yup, another user confirming it works on Wine, using Ubuntu 12.04. I just happened to make a switch for work related reasons, and here this comes, and I'm running Thief 2 at my monitor's native resolution. This makes me a lot more happy than I should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFrog View Post
    There's no "; enable Thief 1 compatibility" line because you can add that yourself...it's just a comment, the game doesn't care. I don't know why you keep changing 'game dark' to 'game dark1', that's not what you're meant to do and people are specifically telling you not to do it.

Step by step instructions, assuming you're starting with a clean GOG install of TG. Hopefully these are clear enough.

(1) DO NOT TOUCH YOUR CAM.CFG. DO NOT CHANGE THE 'game' LINE. IT SHOULD CONTAIN 'game dark' WHEN YOU INSTALL IT AND STILL CONTAIN THAT WHEN YOU START IT. DO NOT TOUCH CAM.CFG.
    (2) Unpack the Thief 2 1.19 patch to get the contrib.zip and new_dark.zip files.
    (3) Unpack both of those files into your Thief directory. Overwrite existing files if necessary.
    (4) Create a directory in your Thief directory named "patch", if one does not already exist.
    (5) Open the file doc/T1.7z. Unpack the file INTRFACE.CRF from that archive to the patch/ directory you just created. patch/ should now contain the single file INTRFACE.CRF.
    (6) Open cam_ext.cfg in notepad. On a line by itself, add the single word 'dark1'. DO NOT PUT 'game' IN FRONT OF IT. DO NOT EDIT CAM.CFG. JUST PUT 'dark1' ON A LINE BY ITSELF SOMEWHERE IN cam_ext.cfg. THAT IS ALL.
    (7) Optionally, edit other settings in cam_ext.cfg to enable things like bloom.
    (8) Run Thief2.exe, NOT Thief.exe, to play.
    I can confirm this, GOG version works fine so long as

a) "dark1" is added on a line by itself
    b) the INTRFACE.CRF is copied over
    c) Thief 2 is run as admin ( otherwise you can't save games/settings )

Then you can play with the new settings. Like FOV = 170:

ZylonBane
    There's some buried gold in the new cam_ext.cfg file. I found a "d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay" setting that lets you set the HUD overlay to any "virtual" resolution you want. So now you can set the game to modern resolutions without having to bust out a magnifying glass to read the HUD text.

Here's an example from SS2:

Also, screenshots now go into a "screenshots" folder. And the PrintScreen key actually works for taking them. Neat!
    Last edited by ZylonBane; 26th Sep 2012 at 09:14.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Then you can play with the new settings. Like FOV = 170
    I've no time at the moment to give this patch a shot but that's excellent (Useless, but excellent!).

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    c) Thief 2 is run as admin ( otherwise you can't save games/settings )
    Surely you didn't install Thief in Program Files, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    I've no time at the moment to give this patch a shot but that's excellent (Useless, but excellent!).
    It's not useless at all. Many people have strong preferences for wider/narrower FOVs than standard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Originally Posted by TTLG
    Most users ever online was 891, 26th Sep 2012 at 12:10
    Originally Posted by TTLG
    Most users ever online was 970, 26th Sep 2012 at 12:16

Nuff' said What a revival/attention.

Such a glorious day for the community! I donīt know how this mystery designer did it, but the list of improvements/fixes is incredible !
    I'm guessing that's because of this:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...s/#more-125677

Huh. I tried this on Thief Gold.

Did the basic stuff. Lo and behold, it works!

So I renamed Thief2.exe to Thief.exe

Lo and behold, it works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. headbone View Post
    I ran into a problem ; after loading a previous save in the vanilla game; the in games load screen resolution is smaller; 1024 x 720; while in game is 1920x1080. I've poked around in cam.cfg and can't seem to find out the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
    IIRC there was a mention that you can't use prior saves. I'm betting that 1.18 saves don't work in 1.19 and 1.19 anything doesn't work in 1.18. It looks to me likely that the save file formats have been changed and are not compatible.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    It's not useless at all. Many people have strong preferences for wider/narrower FOVs than standard.
    Yes, of course - I was specifically referring to a FOV of 170 degrees. The extra tweaks and adjustments look like they'll be very handy.

So, since this works with TG, should I port a version of my latest TG FM to "TG 1.19" with the enhanced dromed so I can put back a lot of the details I had to axe and maybe even expand the city a little bit, or should I finish it the way it is?

Wow I don't remember this much buzz on the forums since I guess the Thief DS Editor was released ... Even the sourcecode & T2 multiplayer releases got kind of buried, awesome as they are.
    Feels good.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    That's completely surreal. I still have a hard time to believe what's going on.

I posted it here clueless, thinking it was some kind of a joke or something, damn I was so wrong...

Btw, no news from "Corbeau", and I'm pretty sure it's a fake account.
    Last edited by DrK; 26th Sep 2012 at 09:44.

It will be interesting to see bigger city based fan missions, every building enterable hmm could it be possible now or not ?

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I'm guessing that's because of this:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...s/#more-125677
    How fast this news spreads.

Unreal, every time I look a new record has been established in terms of TTLG vistors.

There's some buried gold in the new cam_ext.cfg file. I found a "d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay" setting that lets you set the HUD overlay to any "virtual" resolution you want. So now you can set the game to modern resolutions without having to bust out a magnifying glass to read the HUD text.
    Oh, that's superb.

Just... wow. Mind is blown. I had thought the previous (and still wonderful) community patches were as good as we were going to see.

Thank you so much mystery patch maker(s), and long live the Dark Engine!

edit: Ahahaha! I just discovered the bow upgrade! That's hilarious :)
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 1st Oct 2012 at 06:57.

Surely you didn't install Thief in Program Files, did you?
    The GOG versions ( and presumably Steam too?) default to installing in Program Files.

This also makes editing the config files a pain as you have to run your text editor as admin, if anyone's having problems fiddling with the settings.

This is really awesome patch, wow...
    Just what needed for massive FMs

Zombified
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...d_new_massive/

Quote Originally Posted by grrbrr
    Holy hell, it works with 3 screen setups in ultra widescreen just like that. (5040x1050)
    http://i.imgur.com/hCAvz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/MyLKl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/C6aDX.jpg
    and see the first screen here: http://diit.cz/clanek/newdark-je-kon...me-screenshotu

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    That's completely surreal. I still have a hard time to believe what's going on.

I posted it here clueless, thinking it was some kind of a joke or something, damn I was so wrong...

Btw, no news from "Corbeau", and I'm pretty sure it's a fake account.
    @ DrK: can't wait to see what you will/ can come up with , now we have 1.19....

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    So, since this works with TG, should I port a version of my latest TG FM to "TG 1.19" with the enhanced dromed so I can put back a lot of the details I had to axe and maybe even expand the city a little bit, or should I finish it the way it is?
    yes,yes,yes, expand it and stuff it full of goodies

And the water in Thief 1... just like in Far Cry. Anybody made this patch, revived Thief again with it.

ZylonBane
    That water has nothing to do with this patch. It's been available for months.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast