TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

Hm ... didn't read anything about system requirements (DirctX 9.0c is installed) but it seems it doesn't run under Windows98 ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    Just curious: what engine you would prefere?
    I don't know, I'm not a technical person as far as engines. I just know the Dark engine is very angular and modern engines can do pretty much anything. So if a remake could be made which would be 100% faithful to the layout and textures of the original games, but updated for the 21st century, that would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Hm ... didn't read anything about system requirements (DirctX 9.0c is installed) but it seems it doesn't run under Windows98 ...
    I'm not sure about Win9x, but my analysis says that the exe-files of both patches have OS version field = 5.0 and Subsystem version field = 5.0, which means at least Win2K and later.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    And on the main page here I see, thanks for that...
    You have to thank Al_B for that one

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    I'm not sure about Win9x, but my analysis says that the exe-files of both patches have OS version field = 5.0 and Subsystem version field = 5.0, which means at least Win2K and later.
    If it requires VC++ 2008 components, then it's not for Win2000 either, only XP SP3 and higher.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Riff View Post
    If it requires VC++ 2008 components, then it's not for Win2000 either, only XP SP3 and higher.
    Strange... Microsoft says something different (see requirements): Windows 2000 SP4 is minimum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wot64.gif 
Views:	426 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	1232

Well I'll be damn... This completely came out of left field, and had it not been for a post on the Thief 1 and 2 group on steam I wouldn't have seen this! (Or at least, it might have been some time before I found it.)

Here's my mirror of the Thief 2 v1.19

Mirror for SS2
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 26th Sep 2012 at 13:53. Reason: SS2 patch added

I've a problem. I installed thief 2, patched to 1.8 then applied 1.9 and the game works perfectly. Problem is that dromed won't work. It opens, but when I open a fan mission or try to go in game mode it freezes. Does anybody have a idea on how i might fix it or what I did wrong?

I have found an Error in the File Menus.cfg . You canīt use Portalize and Optimize in the Menu (in Dromed).
    You must open the File Menu.cfg with an editor or wordpad and search for this line

menu_tools &Portalise:run Portalise.cmd | &Optimise:run optimise.cmd

and change it to

menu_tools &Portalize : portalize | &Optimize : optimize

save the File and you can use Portalize and Optimize from the Menu
    You must enter the line without the spaces at Portalize : portalize and Optimize : optimize
    When i try to type that here i get smilies in the line
    Last edited by Firehawk; 26th Sep 2012 at 13:27.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by kabatta View Post
    Problem is that dromed won't work. It opens, but when I open a fan mission or try to go in game mode it freezes.
    This would be better asked in The Editor's Guild, but did you also extract the updated DromEd?

Albert
    I've submitted a test for Wine 1.5.13 on AppDB, which will appear as soon as the Super Maintainer has approved it.

I've put it under the title "Unofficial 1.19 Patch", and I misspelled "unnoficial".

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    I have found an Error in the File Menu.cfg . You canīt use Portalize and Optimize in the Menu (in Dromed).
    You must open the File Menu.cfg with an editor or wordpad and search for this line

menu_tools &Portalise:run Portalise.cmd | &Optimise:run optimise.cmd

and change it to

menu_tools &Portalizeortalize | &Optimizeptimize

save the File and you can use Portalize and Optimize from the Menu
    Huh? Portalize and Optimize worked for me out of the box. So did Complete Processing. I'm just double checking using Finals at the Academy ... yep both are OK for me with no edits ... you mean Menus.cfg I think.

Yes i mean Menus.cfg . But when i tried Portalize or Optimize from the Menu nothing happens . After i changed it they work

Odd. They work fine for me. Oh well. If some else has the problem, you have something for them to try.

Just to be clear, your changes are:

Code:
    menu_tools &Portalize:Portalize | &Optimize:optimize
    I guess the thing to do is to look and see what *.cmd you have from your dromed directory and use those spellings in menus.cfg

Mine were spelled with an "s" and not a "z"

is s vs. z a French spelling thing?
    Last edited by LarryG; 26th Sep 2012 at 13:44.

To me, it looks like the spelling of Portalize is localized (or localised) for different parts of the world, but the patch does not account for that.

I had a similar issue after I did a clean install, and it's because you need the Dromed Toolkit installed for it to work. The menus run customized *.cmd files that execute a few different commands, such as playing a bell after portalization as a notification.

run Portalise.cmd
    Aha! A .cmd file is a text file containing one or more Dromed commands. That's not a new feature though, Dromed has had it since the beginning. I had a look at my own copy of menus.cfg, to see if there were any other items that needed fixing*, and I noticed some very familiar .cmd file names (e.g. DoOpti.cmd). The cmd files are from the Dromed Toolkit, so put them in your T2 folder.

*I assumed the author of this patch had forgotten to include them

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    This would be better asked in The Editor's Guild, but did you also extract the updated DromEd?
    Yes, I did. (though I shouldn't make another thread just for the heck of asking)

Sweet Jesus H. That's the first time I've been able to make the iZ3D drivers work properly! Nearly pooped when a haunt started after me. Time to get me a good set of anaglyph glasses.

Time to get back to Dromed too. Maybe I'll get my stalled mission finished yet!

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by kabatta View Post
    Yes, I did. (though I shouldn't make another thread just for the heck of asking)
    Click the link.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Click the link.

Fine. I'll take my busyness there by wings of copy-paste.

It's the same to save missions, there is an error in their menu.cfg

OK, got the new patch working on SS2, Thief and Thief 2!

If I wanted to get the best models/textures installed with the least hassle using this patch, how would I do it? I've installed various gfx updates in the past but it seems like things have moved into a different realm, with .dds textures, et cetera.

When I enable override anti-aliasing (I have an ATI Radeon HD 7800 card) via CCC, my movies don't work for Thief Gold or Thief 2 under 1.19. Is there a way to fix this or an alternate way to display movies (wasn't there an ffmpeg codec included or something)?

Albert
    Quote Originally Posted by casalor View Post
    Sweet Jesus H. That's the first time I've been able to make the iZ3D drivers work properly! Nearly pooped when a haunt started after me. Time to get me a good set of anaglyph glasses.
    I've never heard of this iZ3D. Did you have to do some crow-barring maneuver to get it working w/ Thief?

That just sounds awesome. Just as awesome as Thief running 100%

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast