TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: did I miss something??? thief 1.19???

It's not possible, or you can modify in dromed light properties.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Mine plays the Loot gling sound. So satisfying...
    As for me, I'm using m00start while working TROTB 2. That way I know whether I'm using Garrett's or Saria's gamesys file (Saria has a different starting sound).

Quote Originally Posted by Le MAlin 76 View Post
    I havre made a small shop like thief 3 with the dromed 2 1.19:

What mission is this? I like Thief 2 missions made in Deadly Shadows graphical style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethoth View Post
    What mission is this? I like Thief 2 missions made in Deadly Shadows graphical style.
    It's not a mission, it just tested the thief 3s textures, and i created a room like the stores in thief 3 with dromed. You have just to copy and past the textures of Thief 3 (If i have a good memory, you can inf these textures in T3ed) in dromed [FAM\Thief3 for example, and I suggest to create sub-folders for any group of textures: stm, chr, und, like in the name of textures].

I have made these screens to show that we can parlay textures of thief 3 in dromed with the new patch 1.19.

After, I demanded to anothed fan-mission creator to convert some objects of Thief 3, but i can do that yourself, there is a software to convert models (i don't remember his name).

ZylonBane

Oppan Deadly Style

I like Thief 2 missions made in Deadly Shadows graphical style.
    I'm almost afraid to ask what you mean by this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask what you mean by this.
    That I like Keeper's Compund in Broken Triad better than the one in Between These Dark Walls. And generally blue shadows with yellow lights, there were a few missions imitating Deadly Shadows windows.

That I like Keeper's Compund in Broken Triad better than the one in Between These Dark Walls. And generally blue shadows with yellow lights, there were a few missions imitating Deadly Shadows windows.
    Yes, it's graphic imitations of thief 3.

I think, that we can mix the architectural styl of both Thief I/II and Thief III. Thief I/II architecture use three style: medieval,classic/barroc (victorian style), and pseudo-modern (it's look modern style but fantaisist). In Thief 3 we have massively medieval style (with few renaissance/classic style, with the museum and the Ovelook Estate). In fact i think that Thief III architecture is more realistic unlike Thief I/II.

I wasn't talking about architectural styles but style of lighting, texturing and coloring, which defines athmosphere. Actually in both games Keeper's Compund can be described as medieval or renaissance.

I tried using dromed way back in the day(ten years ago or so), I had a small mission going but it just stopped working (the mission) for no reason I could see after making a minor change, between that and dromed's constant crashing I just gave up. I do not mind investing time but I felt like I was wasting time back then.

So is it stable now ? Or does it still crash frequently ?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I've been using NewDark since the day it was released, so about 5 months now. I don't recall a single crash in that time.

Even the old DromEd almost never crashed, once you knew to avoid The Things It Didn't Like...

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Even the old DromEd almost never crashed, once you knew to avoid The Things It Didn't Like...
    Lol so it was all my own fault then. I will give it another try then.

Hey, our mysterious friend Le Corbeau came back with the version 1.20

Thread :

http://ariane4ever.free.fr/ariane4ev...p=29139#p29139

Direct download :

Thief 2 v1.20 : http://www.sendspace.com/file/htlvh2 | md5 : ebcf98f736dd28520e9bbed39b3027bd
    System Shock 2 v2.41 : http://www.sendspace.com/file/z05r58 | md5 : e0b19018433d825815cbb79d60511a62[/quote]

EDIT :

Here's the log :

General:
    - fixed sky (non-)rendering bug when texture palette contained more than 246 textures
    - fixed crash when using movie_disable/fm_movie_disable/movie_crop_exclude/fm_movie_crop_exclude config vars
    - fixed bug with game dir write access test (gave false positives if game directory was assigned a custom icon in Windows)
    - fixed issue with garbled HUD text on some older video cards
    - fixed issue with crouching on crates
    - fixed alpha calculation bug on scaled bitmap particles
    - fixed bug with pendulum tweq stopping for angles larger than 32 degrees
    - fixed issue with duplicate receptrons when added by a DML file
    - fixed bug with force_ani_settings material flag not having any effect
    - fixed crash when Corona property has no texture name specified
    - fixed crash bug with "ForceCameraOverlayNormal" config var
    - fixed song sound load failure if other format than in specified song file (i.e. if file is ogg but song file has wav)
    - fixed crash when song sound file was not found
    - fixed bug with display device selection on multi-device systems (probably picked the opposite device than the default/selected)
    - fixed occasional crash related to 4096 sized textures
    - fixed reversed gamma bindings and walk forward bind in options menu (requires re-bind to take effect) in the T1 INTRFACE.CRF patch (T1.7z)
    - minor corrections to some HUD placement/size calculations for widescreen resolutions
    - changed so horizontal and vertical mouse sensitivity is equal when "mouse_sensitivity_y_scale" is 1
    - added config var "force_correct_rope_lengths" that enables correct rope length calculations (1.18 and older are incorrect), especially useful for T1 missions with problems to reach ropes
    - added "mouse_sensitivity_use_aspect" bind var to enable old behavior where horizontal/vertical mouse sensitivity differ based on resolution aspect ratio
    - added support for RLE compressed BMP images (RLE4/RLE8)
    - added localization support to FMSel (so FMSel UI can be translated)
    - added FM language support to game and updated FMSel to make use of it
    - added support for the original indeo5 codec (ir50_32.dll), may improve movie playback on slower CPUs
    - added option to use enhanced ray trace for AI body/suspicious obj detection ("enhanced_aidetect_trace")
    - added option to disable light gem ("vismeter_hide")

DromEd:
    - fixed rare mono console related bug that caused editor to hang (was remedied by enabling monolog, no longer necessary)
    - fixed a less common crash when compiling rooms, caused by newly created room brushes that were excluded from compile usually by a me-only area brush (crash was preceded by a "Attempt to get room 0 of 0" assert)
    - fixed crash bug when selecting sky surface if texture palette contains more than 246 textures and editor is using software rendering
    - fixed a couple of crash bugs related to editing the Creature Type property
    - fixed bug where loading a stripped mission could result in wrong texture assignments on terrain surfaces
    - fixed bug in reconstruct_rooms that it assigned default room instead of reconstructing the original room types
    - fixed crash that could occur during extensive UV editing when running editor with HW rendering
    - fixed so creating a new stimulus archetype doesn't require editor restart for propagators to work
    - fixed sunlight object shadow bug
    - fixed crash that under certain circumstances could occur during UV align editing
    - fixed crash when loading file at editor startup through "file" config var
    - fixed crash with Scaled bitmap particles when invalid bitmap and added mono warnings
    - fixed issue with precision select and tiny point sized brushes
    - fixed issue with uvmap_cylinder when using non-symmetric textures and rot 90 (and allowed it to be used on pyramid brushes)
    - fixed prim_special command to only allow setting valid types, to prevent more or less obvious bad things from happening (even if it appeared to work in previous versions, it could cause memory overwrites which are very bad)
    - added prim_cylinder/pyramid/cpyramid commands for quick type set and sides
    - added proper support for negative Extra Light property again (worked in T1 but was removed after), this also fixes the hot plates bug in TG Mage Towers
    - added option in Rope property to use correct rope length calculations (see modders_notes.txt)
    - added "Use Model 5" flag for random model tweqs, so randomization includes Model 5 (1.19 falsely always included it, which could break existing content)
    - added support for "Bitmap disk" particles to use the default disk texture if no bitmap name is specified
    - added support for mission (and location) defined env maps
    - added viewport bg image support
    - added lg.ini option to enable word wrapping for Editor Comments property
    - added "default_tx_scale" config var for user defined default brush texture scale
    - added option to show texture index in texture palette
    - added hilight brushes using texture command to texture palette context menu
    - added support for user configurable precision of sdesc formatted floats ("sdesc_decimals")
    - added extended option for sunlight to allow all shadowed/unshadowed quad/non-quad combinations
    - added config option "show_world_limits" to draw world limits in 2D viewports (line color can be changed with "edit_color_grid_lim")
    - increased max length for "bitmap\" images (with ani frames) from 6 to 28
    - changed room building so room brushes with invalid room types still get used, with the default room type, instead of being ignored

For those who don't wish to mess with the SendSpace site, I've also uploaded the files to my site. Grab them HERE.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Wow! I didn't think we would ever get an updated NewDark. That change log is impressive!

Thanks for hosting, Terry.

Whoever you are, thanks so much! Especially for these:

- fixed sky (non-)rendering bug when texture palette contained more than 246 textures

- fixed crash bug when selecting sky surface if texture palette contains more than 246 textures and editor is using software rendering

There are more things fixed than I knew were wrong!

And I thought Xmas this year was over. What a nice present. Thank you.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    And I thought Xmas this year was over.
    Uhm... you might want to demand a refund from whoever sold you your calendar.

Although the 1.20 documentation does say that it can still open 1.18/1.19 missions/saves, I didn't see anything about 1.19 being able to play 1.20 missions. (Though none of the changes suggested any problem.) To be sure, I opened a small 1.19 mission with the 1.20 dromed.exe, did complete processing, saved, and then played it in the 1.19 thief2.exe, with no problems. So it seems we won't have to force players to re-upgrade, although I suppose we should at least cajole them to do so.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by kdau View Post
    So it seems we won't have to force players to re-upgrade
    This is a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible line of thought.

Wow awesome! Thanks for the news Squadarofl!

Particularly happy about the windows icon bug being fixed, I had that one personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    This is a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible line of thought.
    Well I'm certainly not encouraging anyone to keep using 1.19, but as a developer (in this community or otherwise) I don't feel it's my place to add system requirements to my work that aren't strictly necessary. We can't be sure exactly how any given player has come to install NewDark, or if some technical, language, or other barrier might have stopped them from knowing about later patch versions or being able to install them. A warning about being out of date is one thing, but personally I don't like having my options arbitrarily limited by someone who doesn't know my situation.

Now, it is of course up to every author how to handle it. And if an author were using some 1.20-specific feature or doing something they knew would be broken by an unfixed bug in 1.19, that would be entirely different. (In fact, since there isn't any automatic warning or error, I guess we're back to the old days of big red notices in readme files.) But for me personally, without one of those situations, the most I'm willing to do is inform the player and hope for the best.

That said, would anyone be interested in a script like VersionCheck (from version.osm) that checked for a minimum version of the engine and sent TurnOn/TurnOff as appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by kdau View Post
    That said, would anyone be interested in a script like VersionCheck (from version.osm) that checked for a minimum version of the engine and sent TurnOn/TurnOff as appropriate?
    Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Thanks, good to know that's available---it should probably be listed in one of the stickies. But I actually mean one that checks the version of thief2.exe, not just one that checks versions of OSMs but is compatible with NewDark. Now that there is more than one NewDark version out there, we could potentially need to worry about both engine and OSM versions. I suppose it would make sense to just extend VersionCheck to accept a parameter such as GameVersion=1.20 in addition to script module names.

Well, the source is there in the zip, so go for it.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast