TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dromed V1.19 & Sunlight Shadows

Dromed V1.19 & Sunlight Shadows

I can't seem to get the sunlight system in V1.19 to cast object shadows Regular lights cast object shadows no problem. Am I missing something?

With the usual settings for me don't in 1.19. The same example was good in 1.18. The brushes are OK but the objects are not cast shadow .

But there is a lot of news in these settings, perhaps only is turned off by default somewhere. I try to find it .

I just tried it and it seems broken here too.

I played around with a few other settings, just in case, but still couldn't get it to work.

Unfortunatelly I don't find anything useful to enable it. Tried light zones, shadow tweaking settings, but nothing .If it's really so, it's a pretty big disadvantage can be.

I wonder .... could this be DromEd only? Does it work properly in Thief2?

I have to make a fast demo for regular game and let's see what's going on.

I just did a quick check and it doesn't work through thief2.exe either. I didn't think it would. Dromed's the program that makes the lightmap.

In this case for the outdoor decorations a separate light will be required to cast sunlight shadows.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Sounds like this may be a legit bug then, we'll have to hope it can get fixed if there's another update to new Dark.

At least lights can now shine on more surfaces (if I understand the change log documentation correctly). Using regular lights to create the object shadows would've been near impossible in 1.18.

Still, such a bummer we just received so much more power, but lost a pretty important feature (imo). Guess I'll focus on my indoor missions for now

So true! At least now the scaled objects casts real, corresponding shadows.

ZylonBane
    Honestly, it's not surprising that a major bug (or two... or three...) snuck into a release that made so many changes. Considering the scope of the modifications, I'm amazed that it's as stable as it is.

Well, fingers crossed that mystery devs aren't done with this.

Well, as a big fan of daytime settings, I truly hope that this change won't put an end to the production of daylight fan missions and strong fullmoon outdoor light scenes!

Anyway, this patch is a real good thing.

I didn't install this patch yet. Can someone post a screenshot of Ashen Age, Lost Crusade or any daytime level? Thanks!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Looks like it's been fixed !
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2144469

From Le Corbeau :

The Raven is the messenger. From his perch, he watches the regained shadows.

DromEd.exe @ 0x14A701 change 02 to 01
    ShockEd.exe @ 0x18EC11 change 02 to 01

Well, that effectively eliminates the only major bug found so far...

/thread

I must be doing something wrong. I've made the change to my copy of dromed, relit my test mission, but my object (with Object System > Immobile: True) isn't casting any shadows.

I've set 'use sunlight' to True. Terrain is casting shadows so I must be missing something simple. Can someone say what objects they've tested with (and any properties changed) and their sunlight settings?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2144506

Robin, you have to tick Quad Sunlight or it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure 1.18 was the same way, but I'm about to go check that to make sure my memory is correct.

Dromed v1.19 with Sunlight Fix
    Last edited by Yandros; 28th Sep 2012 at 23:39.

Oh that is excellent news!

So much amazing work on this patch - it just blows my mind. I hope our mystery modder(s) know how truly grateful we are!

I'm sure he does -- And he's quite the poet too, from what few words he has spoken.

Damn it, is working! With quad light ticked!

Maybe I have an amateur question, since I was busy IRL. Is Thief 1.19 required for Dromed 1.19?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Maybe I have an amateur question, since I was busy IRL. Is Thief 1.19 required for Dromed 1.19?
    Yes.

Ah, thanks, Sensut! But don't Thief 1.19 mess up the ddfix-ed 1.18 install? Also, I really like quad light on your screenshot.

Zombified
    it should work, but a new, clean install is highly recommended.

I had a DDFX + widescreen Thief with Dromed 1.18+toolkit before and just copied the new patch files and there was no problem. Only when I entered first time in game mode I had to change the screen resolution, but this can be done directly from dromed game mode if you hit ESC in game mode entering the game options. But a clean install is safer, I have to do one as well. Also is a good option if you keep both Thief versions, one 1.18 and install an another for 1.19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast