TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] Thief 1/2 Realistic Water & Lava

[Mod] Thief 1/2 Realistic Water & Lava

512x512 resolution, 40 - 60 frames of animation. Requires latest patch v119.

Version 1.0.4: http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...lava_v1.0.4.7z

Older versions here: http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...ealistic_water

Alternative lava version: http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil..._version_1).7z

Media :

Installation: drag/drop both folders into your Thief 1 -2 main folder.
    Last edited by vurt; 21st Oct 2012 at 22:39. Reason: Updated to v1.0.4

Zombified
    NewDark is required, I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    NewDark is required, I assume?
    yes

Awesome! Thank you!!

Looks great and works fine even in Thief Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    Looks great and works fine even in Thief Gold.
    ah, that's good to know

Quite an improvement, thanks for this. I'll be using it from now on.

Say, the water looks good, but for me it's blinking a shade of green every few seconds, constantly.

I admittedly just swapped out the old t2water "waterhw" file for this new one, as I didn't know how to link to it in darkinst.cfg and I also never really figured out how the new mod thing works in cam_mod.ini

UPDATE: Changing the name "t2water" to "waterhw" didn't ruin the config, but did nothing to avert this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Say, the water looks good, but for me it's blinking a shade of green every few seconds, constantly.

I admittedly just swapped out the old t2water "waterhw" file for this new one, as I didn't know how to link to it in darkinst.cfg and I also never really figured out how the new mod thing works in cam_mod.ini

UPDATE: Changing the name "t2water" to "waterhw" didn't ruin the config, but did nothing to avert this issue.
    You shouldnt need to mess with any .cfg..

I just installed Thief 2 (havent touched any files except installing v119) and my files are just located in Thief2/fam/waterhw. Maybe you're using a mod manager that messes with something, i try to stay away from those and just unpack everything manually.

Weird. I'm gonna check out another mission then. Nope, still blinking green.

And to put it more properly, it seems to be a bug similar to that in my TFix (For TG though, but the problem is similar) patch before the last update, where this one texture blinked an oddly pixelated mess and then was normal on every other frame.

@vurt: Any chance of a more realistic lava? pretty please. sugar on top. blink blink blink.

I'll give it a shot.

Does anyone know of a site / image where i can see all the .pcx (including file names)? edit: nvm, i noticed they're in .gif format

@Albert.. sorry, i have no idea why it doesnt work for you :/ maybe try reinstalling T2 completely, if you havent in a while.
    Last edited by vurt; 4th Oct 2012 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by vurt View Post
    512x512 resolution, 40 frames of animation. Requires latest patch v119.

Download: http://www.multiupload.nl/9HCUNEQD16

Media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHVaEpFNh5Y
    http://i.imgur.com/5JcmN.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xKamV.jpg
    Hello all is there a mirror that does not require a download of a download manager??

No, the water works, but just the weird green blink I mentioned. But no, I doubt reinstalling will pinpoint the issue...

Little less fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Hello all is there a mirror that does not require a download of a download manager??
    there's no need of a download manager, you have 7 mirror sites in my link and none requires a download manager.. maybe try the link in another browser or install an add blocker.. here's one of the links from the page: http://depositfiles.com/files/p2sse32e2

albert: well its not really working if there's a "weird green blink"..

This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright.

this is what the link says after about a minute of waiting I will try my other browser

Edit: same thing with firefox

neither of the 7 mirrors work? i'm using firefox and it works for me.. whatever, i added yet another mirror in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by vurt View Post
    neither of the 7 mirrors work? i'm using firefox and it works for me.. whatever, i added yet another mirror in the first post.
    OK I got one of the mirrors to work Thank you so much! Can't wait to use this.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    @vurt: Any chance of a more realistic lava? pretty please. sugar on top. blink blink blink.

you dont happen to know the texture name? i'm too lazy right now to fiddle with the editor and look there..

ZylonBane
    You don't need DromEd, just look in FAM.CRF, in the WATERHW folder. That's where all the "water" textures are, I think.

OK, I did some more looking, and I disregard the first post I did: I believe now it's frames from another set of animated water in this package. So what is the green water for anyways?

I'm a bit new to how the animated textures work, but how do the blin and blout.mtl files work? I notice they show a framecount of 39. So I started editing those numbers, and I realize that's the number of total frames of the water, but it had no effect. So I guess it was just wishful thinking. :L
    Last edited by Albert; 4th Oct 2012 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    OK, I did some more looking, and I disregard the first post I did: I believe now it's frames from another set of animated water in this package. So what is the green water for anyways?

I'm a bit new to how the animated textures work, but how do the blin and blout.mtl files work? I notice they show a framecount of 39. So I started editing those numbers, and I realize that's the number of total frames of the water, but it had no effect. So I guess it was just wishful thinking. :L
    Yes thats why i said you shouldnt use mod managers because you never know if it will conflict with something.. if you just unpack and overwrite, "bugs" like this doesnt happen.. disabling the mod manager or more likely, a complete reinstall will 100% fix the problem.. I use the .mtl mainly for setting the resolution of the textures.

ZB or Larry, do you know a place where there's lava in the game? I cant remember on which level it is, went through the begining of all levels and couldnt see any. Maybe you happen to have a save if it's later on in a mission..

Oh, let me define one thing: I have no mod managers. Infact, there's no such thing as a mod manager for T2.

(Tafferpatcher comes close, but really, it just dumps the mods in and sets up the configuration. Unlike a mod manager that links the files together itself.)

I have no idea why the TP is doing this. I reinstalled it (The water pack), but that fixed nothing. I also doubt reinstalling the entire game will work, either. But, I'll try it some other time. Nobody else has came out about this issue so I'll just wait for someone else with the same problem. This is pretty new, after all.

Southquarter.com/fms
    vurt, there's lava in both of the Lost City levels, miss9.mis for T1 (The Lost City) and miss15.mis for T2 (Kidnap).

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I dropped this into my current mission just for kicks, and the animation looks really nice. However, the alpha seems much higher, the water is almost glowing green and I can't see much through it. I guess a side-by-side comparison would help, I'll rustle up some screenshots.

Edit: Never mind, the original texture (Eshaktaar's in this case) looks the same in those respects. Anyway, nice water! And I echo the request for new lava.
    Last edited by Yandros; 4th Oct 2012 at 22:23.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast