TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27121722273237424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1524

Thread: Canon texture packs?

Nice fruits.

Zombified
    mmm, plumsies, now not looking like eggplants anymore.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    I hope that you will release them before I finish my campaign. I have an apple painted purple as a placeholder for now...

<s>They are already in the current version of the EP2 alpha, available here.</s>

Edit: Erm. I mean, it will be in the next one. I somehow missed including the .bin file in the last version.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 18th Jan 2014 at 20:11.

A link for only the fruit instead of the whole pack?

Ooops, I somehow managed to miss the .bin file in that latest upload, so you'll just get the textures that way.

Attached model + textures. It will be included in the next EP2 update.
    Attached Files

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Thanks!

I notice that a lot of Purgator's source-finding posts seem to have got lost in the pages of this thread, e.g. this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    I recently stumbled across these, if anyone is interested in completing them.
    There are much higher res versions out there, you just have to look.

Sewer2/tap3.pcx

A Mon Seul Desir.

Sewers2/tap1.pcx

Licorne A La Fontaine.

Edit:
    Sewer2/tap2.pcx

Pomona: William Morris.

So, since my Photobucket apparently has shat the bed due to overpopularity, and I currently don't have the funds to upgrade it, I'll try Google Photo.

SHOULD be the right size.

It's core_1/blubrik1 and core_3/grst6128. These are basically the same texture, only really differing in resolution, and used interchangeably in different missions depicting the same locations (Ambush, Courier). Core_1 has terrain_scale 64 and core_3 has 128. Both have tile_factor 2.

As a bonus, the Thief 2 versions of the *stnwal textures are also derived from grst6128, so better replacements for them will be coming up soon too.

Sorry, it's a rare thing but I don't like that texture.

It looks very much like the older version, which caught my eye as looking really bad when I was looking through some missions in-game.

The problem with it is that the surface of the bricks are insanely eroded, as though they've been completely worn away by sand or water. They're also slightly blurry, which makes it even harder to make out that detail.
    That leaves each stone with a huge colour variance, with light and dark areas often right next to each other. The end result leaves the texture looking really pixellated from a distance.
    Note that I haven't tried this new one in-game yet, but it looks like it will suffer from the same problem.

Also, the rocks have no reason to be that heavily eroded. They would look better if their surface was a little smoother and more consistent.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 22nd Jan 2014 at 04:55.

I agree with NV.

Don't know what to tell ya, that's exactly how I've always interpreted those textures. Guess I'll try a different approach, then. Got any reference material for the direction I/we should be aiming for?

Layout of the bricks is spot on Necrobob. However the surface looks strange and very busy. Can you do some overlay trick to give it similar look like in your other core_x stone textures?

What Wille said.

Quote Originally Posted by C-BEAM View Post

church\metham
    I have edited it a bit...

512x1024

church\metham
    Last edited by Gecko; 28th Jan 2014 at 16:25.

obj\txt\wmpsyhic

I thought the sign should have heavy paint and somewhat roughly made symbols but I'm not sure how I succeeded. Any comments?

Hmm, the paint "edges" look very crisp in a few places and you can tell it's been computer painted rather than brush painted. Might need some custom brushes or additional texturing on the top?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Hmm, the paint "edges" look very crisp in a few places and you can tell it's been computer painted rather than brush painted. Might need some custom brushes or additional texturing on the top?
    I'm using an oil paint brush I found somewhere but I probably should use some sort of board paint brush. Also I'm thinking the symbols could be carved in or made out of metal and then painted. Maybe some tiny bolts to keep the symbols in place if they are metal.

The two grey metal parts at the top of the texture are not bolts - they are pins or bands attaching the sign to the pole.

How's this?

terrain_scale 128 for core_3, 64 for core_1
    tile_factor 2

Used Wille's cavrgh for the stones. If it's still found crappy, I can post the mask with the stone and grout pattern if anyone else wants to give it a whirl.

city/rooftile probably shouldnt be as rough as it is now, so:

No change on scale values

The Vigil roof works better for ruined/rroof

terrain_scale 64
    tile_factor 2

I also went ahead and adapted C-Beam's excellent manor wood textures to the family that did not yet have them.

vicm04, same scales and naming pattern as the other manor families

Found these next two on a site with royalty free textures and got all excited thinking I'd found straight sources, but not quite. Close though, with some tweaking.
    core_1/ftile3

core_2/ftile4

The original files had these fugly vertical streaks on 'em, as if they'd been scanned from a magazine. The detail couldn't be saved, so I downscaled them and increased the area instead.

city/win32l

Scales unchanged for all.

ALSO core_1/obaswal7 needs to have its old DDS removed. Dunno if there's others still lying around interfering.

EDIT: rescore and rescor_2/banner05

terrain_scale 128
    Last edited by Necrobob; 3rd Feb 2014 at 07:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    How's this?

terrain_scale 128 for core_3, 64 for core_1
    tile_factor 2
    That looks much better. It does seem a little less colourful than the original, though. The original had more blue and yellow patches, which this one is a little bit monotone.

(Comparison)

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    What's this one for?

That thing is m04ceilm.

More saturated version:

It looks good in game.

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27121722273237424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast