TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 813182328333843485354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1497

Thread: Canon texture packs?

Yes, I have it from EP2, but still, this is a very oldskull version.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Hmm, I know I did the small one too. Just as a reminder to NV, neither of those are included in the actual EP2 archive.
    Those weren't included because I felt they looked too much like a cross with the top cut off rather than a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    Here's both church\detal and church\trim

mtl for church\detal:
    terrain_scale 64
    tile_factor 4 2
    The colours/lighting here are a little too extreme. It looks like there are sharp cuts/borders between each of the panels, rather than them being one solid piece of stonework with slight variations in each panel.

Necrobob: That Bafford banner is nice. How about doing the object version too?

At this point, I have a lot of textures which I was never quite happy with because they looked too different, or where I have multiple different versions of the same texture and can't decide which one to use. Each of them would really require going into the game and checking how each one looks in comparison to the original. I haven't even played Thief in ages, so I have no real motivation to do this.

Does someone else want to have a go at sorting out all of the "options"?

At this point, it'd be better to just release updated versions to the public and shape the EP according to the Taffer Consensus rather than trying to eye the textures outside of the game.

Since you, I'm guessing, don't have much time for Thief these days, I'm hereby volunteering to take care of the day to day business of initial sorting of textures and release of archives while you stay on in an executive producer role. I basically know all LGS Thief textures by sight at this point, and due to the Necro Age, don't have any reason to pull the EP in any direction based purely on my own tastes - and you can veto any change you don't like anyway.

I don't really mind compiling the archive, that's easy enough (plus it lets me update the progress page at the same time), it's just trying to sort out what should actually go in there.

What I need is for someone to find all the textures I've missed, and to go over the ones with multiple variations, and analyse them for suitability.

They generally fall into one of these scenarios:

• I just missed the texture completely, and it should be included.
    • A texture was created, but was just too different for me, and so I didn't include it at all.
    • Multiple variations of the same texture were provided, often by different people, and I couldn't decide which one was the best (I may have ended up not replacing an earlier worse version with a better version, or I may have been unable to decide and taken neither.)
    • A texture looked very different on first inspection, but might still fit (this is often the case with things like rocks and bricks, where the new textures follow the theme but not the exact pattern.) - these really need comparison shots of areas in the OMs that use the textures, preferably posted up here for people to comment on.

Very well, a couple of rather urgent things to fix first of all: city/blushngl is borked. Typo in file extension. Also, you need to go through the Core family and remove old DDS files that keep PNG Thief 1/Gold color variations from showing up. Same with old DDS of city/win324. Finally, when are you gonna implement the hi poly pagan fruit?

Fixed those.
    Also found some other things I'd missed, such as those nice paintings that you and Pugator had posted in the other thread, and a barber pole.

Does anyone have a hi-poly pagan fruit?

I also noticed that there was mention of some new skeleton models by LarryG, but I don't think those were ever included.

Well, yeah, you made one!

Get it from your own attachment in this post

Also, Larry's bones work quite well as drop in replacements, but make sure you DON'T include a model called "spear.bin". It plays havoc with traps in the Bonehoard.

Oh. Him.

As for the skeletons, I'm always a little wary of putting objects that use completely different texture names and UV mappings, since it means that they will mess up any mission that includes replacement textures but not the models (some of the black-and-white missions come to mind.)

vrescor1/rug23.gif

PNG full size version link:https://goo.gl/photos/pQR4hM93ErufohNt6

Not very Hi-Res really, but it's the best I could find.
    Apologies for Photobucket file scrambling on earlier posts.

Edit: A few changes to my original rug.
    I've dispensed with the black border altogether as I feel it doesn't add anything to the rug texture as a whole.
    Texture gurus, please feel free to improve as you see fit.

rug22rn.gif

rug22rn.PNG link: https://goo.gl/photos/mPGopCM2NeGKvMNE7
    This still has a little of the black bordering, but not as pronounced.

terrain_scale 256 256 rug23
    terrain_scale 128 128 rug22rn
    Last edited by Purgator; 13th Apr 2018 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I don't really mind compiling the archive, that's easy enough (plus it lets me update the progress page at the same time), it's just trying to sort out what should actually go in there.

What I need is for someone to find all the textures I've missed, and to go over the ones with multiple variations, and analyse them for suitability.

They generally fall into one of these scenarios:

• I just missed the texture completely, and it should be included.
    • A texture was created, but was just too different for me, and so I didn't include it at all.
    • Multiple variations of the same texture were provided, often by different people, and I couldn't decide which one was the best (I may have ended up not replacing an earlier worse version with a better version, or I may have been unable to decide and taken neither.)
    • A texture looked very different on first inspection, but might still fit (this is often the case with things like rocks and bricks, where the new textures follow the theme but not the exact pattern.) - these really need comparison shots of areas in the OMs that use the textures, preferably posted up here for people to comment on.
    Saw there was an update ... hum, no chance for these creations?

My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Is that you work? Very impressing, dear zappen

Nice roofs

I put them online in this thread under http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2286995 pp. For the Keeper textures p.e. I used the existing PHPs as a background so my textures woult fit in seamlessly.

Well, all other creations before and after my postings can already be found on http://nameless.zanity.net/epterrain/index.php, don't know who decides all that ... wasted time ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It could be that NV missed them, as this is a big thread. It could also be he didn't think they were close enough to the originals to include, since that is the mantra of the EP. He's the one who decides all that although he has certainly asked for help and deferred to the community in that regard sometimes in the past, especially when there was more than one replacement made for a given texture.

Those textures are in my folder of textures to sort out, though I don't remember why I didn't put them in yet.
    I think they looked a bit different from the originals at first glance, so I wanted to check out how they compared in-game?

Night of the Living Thread!
    Sorry, serious necromancy here and nothing new to offer, yet.
    Lest we forget:
    Thief Enhancement Pack-Terrain Progress
    Quite a few textures there need sorting. Any new members with an artistic bent, willing to contribute..contribute..contribute? Sorry, slight echo.

I have made some textures for Garrett's hands and body using the original textures from Thief Gold. They are closer to the originals and they look quite good in-game. Use and modify then however you want:

http://imgur.com/oA9c4FE
    http://imgur.com/7ZgDCtU
    http://imgur.com/iJeTkGn
    http://imgur.com/zinO7NY

(Sorry if the images don't appear for you, I'm such a noob )

This thread is more concerned with terrain textures rather than AI textures, having said that, I do like your work KR.
    Have you considered starting your own thread to showcase your artwork?
    I've produced a few skins myself over the years, but they do have their own particular style that isn't always to the community's liking.
    I do tend to indulge my own flights of fancy when it comes to AI skins, some of which have not really hit the mark.
    I'm sure there are authors who would love to use your work in their FMs. Your textures have a real affinity to the original AI skins.
    Variety is the spice of the TTLG community!
    Last edited by Purgator; 16th Sep 2016 at 18:10. Reason: There is a happy place where only children live.. you've had your chance.. but now the doors are closed, Sir.

Well, even tough this project is probably dead, here is my take on opera/ceil1, I made it based on the existing ceilpain/pceil07. Its my first terrain texture ever, and I'm almost sure it's misaligned and doesn't fit in-game. Maybe you guys can improve it.

http://imgur.com/a/pmziy

Just made my version of opera/mold4, this time based on vicm01/vic20 and vicm01/vic42. Even tough the top part is not exactly like the original, this texture is properly aligned and the diferences are barely noticeable. I just noticd the textures in vicm0XX families are oddly similar to opera, maybe they are from the same source.

http://imgur.com/a/Rih1L

For ceil1, I'd suggest making the white papery part slightly faded and yellowed, to closer match the off-white colour of the original. Looks good otherwise, though!

I'm not sure about the mold4, it looks very different when morphed:

(Comparison)

This year, I have resolved to once again delve deep into the historic origins of Thief's texture families. Huzzah.
    bafford/b18.gif

I have found the actual source for this texture, after some long research!

Abbey Church of Sainte Foy, Conques, France.

The abbey in all it's glory.

I will endeavour to complete this texture myself, but it is open to one and all to attempt.
    Online Hi Res sources are numerous, however, not all possess the same perspective as the original.

A Hi Res(ish) example.
    Edit: Quite a number of my previous posts have lost their accompanying images. I will try to rectify this in the coming months.
    Edit 2: Posted this after polishing off the last of the Xmas sherry..and it shows! This is the written equivalent of trying to walk a straight line when one is the worst for wear with booze. Endeavour..I mean, who even says that anymore...
    Last edited by Purgator; 13th Apr 2018 at 16:13.

Classical Master 2008
    Purgator: Quite the detective work!

Master Builder 2018
    Yes, excellent work! Looking forward to seeing the results.

Thanks Melan, Tannar!
    Can I just say I have fallen completely in love with Conques, it is an absolute jewel of a village.
    This is the website with the source pic for b18.gif. There are some other texture sources in there too, worth a look.
    Last edited by Purgator; 20th Jan 2017 at 15:55.

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 813182328333843485354555657585960 LastLast