TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Wanted: Broken Goddess Team Now Recruiting!

Help Wanted: Broken Goddess Team Now Recruiting!

Greetings, all!

We are currently working on a 14 mission campaign, The Broken Goddess. We have a good start, but the reality has begun to set in that if we intend to release this in a reasonable amount of time, we’re going to need to expand our team. We need your talents! If you are interested in contributing to this massive project, here is a list of positions we need filled:

Mappers
    Concept Artists
    Texture Artists
    Object and Mesh Creators
    Voice Actors
    Ambient Audio Artists

All work will be organized via the Team discord. If you feel you would like to help out and contribute in any way, please reach out to myself directly.

Discord: Random_Taffer#8646
    Email: randomtaffer@gmail.com

Rob

I'm an amateur when it comes to texture work, but I'd like to donate my time and talents. I don't have a lot of either, but I'm willing to try and help with what I can to help bring this to life. PM me with what you need and we can work something out?
    Last edited by Esse; 5th Mar 2021 at 00:02.

I can do voice acting, also iŽll be sharing soon a mega pack of new objects ready for dromed as well as new textures.

The title and picture are intriguing

The team phenomenon is a rare occurrence in the community. Often such things ended in complete oblivion. However, the team is capable of doing something really great.

What type and size of maps is required for the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I can do voice acting, also iŽll be sharing soon a mega pack of new objects ready for dromed as well as new textures.
    Excellent! I'm sure we'll definitely be hitting you up then. Looking forward to your object pack too!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    The title and picture are intriguing

The team phenomenon is a rare occurrence in the community. Often such things ended in complete oblivion. However, the team is capable of doing something really great.

What type and size of maps is required for the campaign?
    There's a very large variety of locations we're working on. None of this campaign will take place in The City. Other cities with distinct syles such as Bohn and Cyric, plus lots of locations in wilderness and ruined temples, etc.
    We don't want to give too much away, but I do anticipate each map pushing dark engine limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    There's a very large variety of locations we're working on. None of this campaign will take place in The City. Other cities with distinct syles such as Bohn and Cyric, plus lots of locations in wilderness and ruined temples, etc.
    We don't want to give too much away, but I do anticipate each map pushing dark engine limits.
    How is this work organized? What should a mapper do? Is he given a ready-made plan and concept or is he using his own imagination? Should he do a full level design or BSP only?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    How is this work organized? What should a mapper do? Is he given a ready-made plan and concept or is he using his own imagination? Should he do a full level design or BSP only?
    We organize through our discord server. We have a plotline mapped out and what locations each mission takes place. We also have some concept art to help with the vision in some cases. It is a combination of the individual mapper as well as the leadership team's imagination. In order to keep each mission stylistically cohesive (Like T2X), I will have a hand in each mission myself. It is important to us that each mission looks like it was built by the same team.

I would be happy to lend my voice!

[...] here is a list of positions we need filled:

Mappers
    Concept Artists
    Texture Artists
    Object and Mesh Creators
    Voice Actors
    Ambient Audio Artists
    I wonder if the authors might look for some translators?
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    I wonder if the authors might look for some translators?
    We don't need translators yet, which is why that's not in the list.

OK Yandros, since you are involved in this FM project I'm sure you won't forget it as soon as the beta phase will start ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

ZylonBane
    I feel like I need someone to translate zapp's smilies.

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    OK Yandros, since you are involved in this FM project I'm sure you won't forget it as soon as the beta phase will start ...
    We will reach out to the translator's guild at the appropriate time.

Count me in for voices if needed when you're ready.

I'd be glad to join as a mapper and/or texture artist

Sly, you know we will call you when we're ready for voices, but it will be... a while.

ROFB, so glad to see you here! Check your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez's old fat Burrick View Post
    I'd be glad to join as a mapper and/or texture artist

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Sly, you know we will call you when we're ready for voices, but it will be... a while.
    Don't wait too long though. My eyesight is fading and I might not be able to see the widdle red button with REC on it.

Hello! I could do some voice acting for female characters if needed. If you first want to listen to some outtakes of mine to get a better listen of my voice, I could send some outtakes beforehand. If interested, who should I pm them to?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Hello! I could do some voice acting for female characters if needed. If you first want to listen to some outtakes of mine to get a better listen of my voice, I could send some outtakes beforehand. If interested, who should I pm them to?
    Hi there. You can send those to me. Or even better, send them to me on discord.

Happy to lend my voice, and I don't do mapping but I can do pretty spot-on map illustrations for in-game...

Quote Originally Posted by fett View Post
    Happy to lend my voice, and I don't do mapping but I can do pretty spot-on map illustrations for in-game...
    heyo, Fett. Nice to see you around here again. Did you voice anyone in T2X? I can't recall. Excellent news about the mapping illustrations- I assume you did those for T2X?

Hey there! Yeah, I did all the maps. I voiced mostly random guards for T2X and maybe some sub-plot characters...? I've slept since then.

We could certainly use your map-making skills and will need all the voice actors we can get when the time comes. We have one map-maker on board already (not including myself but I would rather not do it for this project), but there are a lot of maps and also a lot of variety in the mission locations, so having different styles would probably work out really well.

- Texture Artists
    - Object and Mesh Creators
    - Voice Actors
    - Ambient Audio Artists
    From my work on multiple Darkmod FM's, my skillset on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being proficient.

- Texture Artists - (8), I have created numerous textures for TDM, so making the single use textures for the darkengine will be a doddle.
    - Object and Mesh Creators - (7), I rated this as a 7 as I do all my model creation in Darkradiant, with some basic work in Blender. I can export to .ase, .lwo and obj. And all I would need to know is what scale difference between TDM and the Darkengine.
    - Voice Actors - (9), I have created numerous lines for TDM, check the average jack.
    - Ambient Audio Artists - (7), I have created a number of ambient tracks using Audacity for use in TDM. I th9ink the trick is know where to find them online and then mixing them into looping tracks.

Do you have a discord server setup yet?
    Last edited by Bikerdude; 14th Apr 2021 at 03:04.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast