TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Are You Effing Kidding Me?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Finally got around to watching Solo last night, and I liked it a lot! The whole thing is well paced and there's a ton of great moments sprinkled throughout.

Random observations:
    -Alden is alright, but at no point was I reminded of original Han. It's almost like this is a different character.
    -awesome Chewbacca reveal, it actually managed to surprise me.
    -glad to see Teräs Käsi is still canon!
    -L3-37 was pretty great.
    -did they actually manage to make the "Kessel Run in less than 12 parsec" line make sense? I ain't no scientist, but it kinda seems so!
    -I liked the twist with Enfys Nest's gang.
    -the reveal of the big baddie was silly and awesome. It kinda makes me want a direct sequel to this. I wanna know what happens with Qi'ra next.

Still Subjective
    I just watched it too.

I agree henke, it wasn't bad. And I second all your observations.

I was pleasantly surprised and thought some of the set pieces were pretty good. The train especially. And yeah, the Kessel Run made sense!

I think this was elevated by all the other actors though, and Alden was the weakest link.

All they need to do then is switch him with the cgi doppleganger and be all good. I plan on watching it soon.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The latest episode of the Star Wars Minute podcast is great. They're on The Force Awakens, minute 19 now, where Rey is getting her rations from Unkar Plutt. Virgil Texas and Matt Christman from Chapo Trap House are the guests, and Matt has a great tirade against the capitalistic systems that keep regular Star Wars denizens lives miserable despite the marvelous technology all around them.

"They shouldn't have currency! They shouldn't have scarcity! They have robots and technology that we can't even get our heads around, but every dull, enervating, soul-crushing element of scarcity-capitalism still exists. What is the point of getting all that technology if your crappy life is going to be identical, but with a robot?"

Still Subjective
    Ha ha. That's so true henke!

I found Solo pretty boring, but that's entirely due to the plot. The raw material, the characters/actors and individual scenes, those I thought were good fun, but the plot was so dull and perfunctory that I just disengaged while watching the film. You can have a relatively minimal plot if you're focusing on characters you want to hang out with, but there was too much plot for the film to work in that particular way, at least for me.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Fine, I'll do it:

The Rise of Skywalker. Interesting. Sounds like a bit of retconning of the previous movie is on the way. I'd be happy if they retconned the whole thing except the Kylo and Rei bits.

Strange title. Is Kylo the Skywalker in this case?

That TIE fighter's guns are disabled or the pilot is respecting Klingon honor code to not attack at altitude with ranged weapons. Otherwise this movie got stupid really early.

Mad respect if the reason is the Klingon honor thingy.

Chakat sex pillow
    Possible options:

1) It's actually a Ferengi slave trader piloting who doesn't want to damage the merchandise
    2) It's a director cameo from Justin Lin, concluding his conquest of Hollywood by eliminating the notion of sound logic and physics in every franchise he touches
    3) This is actually an extended courtship scene between Rey and Kylo before they discover they're siblings

End of the new trilogy ... but I really have no idea what's going on, what with the bizarre last movie and those other random movies they threw in there.

I guess Kylo is lord emperor now or something, and Luke is going to be a spiritdude, and Rey is a jedi without a cause ... and I seem to recall there were all these other characters but fm if I know what they're doing.

Unless something like what happened to Darth Maul happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Possible options:

1) It's actually a Ferengi slave trader piloting who doesn't want to damage the merchandise
    Preserve the merchandise by slamming into it as fast as possible. - Rejected Rules of Acquisition, 2019 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Unless something like what happened to Darth Maul happens.
    If they bring Luke back with cybernetic spider legs I will be the happiest Star Wars/Spiderman/Star Trek/Goof Troop fan ever.

ZylonBane
    Everyone should just go watch The War of the Stars, which I have only just discovered is a thing.

My kids think the OG trilogy is quite shit and boring, and also think the new ones are even more shit and boring, but that ZB was double plus shit and boring.

ZylonBane
    So your entire genetic line is defective. Pretty sure we already knew that but thanks for the confirmation.

Moderator and Priest
    Goddamn, ZB. There's a fine like between good natured ribbing, and brutal word assault, you know?

Greedo shot first.

Southquarter.com/fms

Ugh ... that is a nope.

Chakat sex pillow
    Wait a minute. They're bringing the Emperor back? That's going to be a bit of a thing to explain. He was just licking his wounds for years?

I guess they must have been tasty af.

Well, if Darth Maul survived... Pretty soon they'll be pulling Han Solo back out, too. Falling in holes: fake death since, er, Gandalf I guess?

clones muthafuckas

Does no one remember LucasArts telling us the truth about deaths by falling?

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930 LastLast