TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930

Thread: Are You Effing Kidding Me?

I was pissed that Admiral Thrawn from the extended universe (in both books and video games) never made it over to official canon. If anything the extended universe was far more interesting than what we got in the end.

The Jedi for one thing would be far more numerous (since Luke started up a new Jedi temple, trained up quite a few new Jedi and got the whole order back in action), where as official canon is 1 Jedi and 1 Sith left, that's it. I find the whole concept of an entire order being restored, that was at a point reduced to a singular individual left, quite fascinating.

The Lone Wolf gamebook series that I love so much, went for a similar concept, to far better success (in the context of restoring a nearly extinct warrior order).

Southquarter.com/fms
    I would love to see a Disney/Netflix adaptation of Tim Zahn's trilogy of books. But since it all happens right after Return of the Jedi, so it would have been tough to include anything from there in Episodes 7/8/9.

I think the expanded universe went out the window when they decided to reboot the franchise by copying the original Ep 4 story.

I'm going to guess that they took a look at the prequels, which featured a lot of Jedi and multiple Sith, and decided that re-doing the "last of the Jedi" story was the safer choice. I don't entirely blame them, because the prequels were pretty heavy on Jedis doing Jedi tricks. With all those Jedi around, some of the battle scenes ended up a bit silly, especially the battle with Dooku at the end of AotC.

Not that it saved Abrams and Johnson from making silly battle scenes...

Level 10,000 achieved
    Merchandise tie-in's to make you say "are you effing kidding me".

Read the replies, it'll be worth you time.

that cant be real can it?
    obviously not cos that would be stupid right

I am decidedly unimpressed given that these exist:

https://www.amazon.com/FridgeWrap-Ca...df_B01DDU0M7O/

That is very awesome.

And the new Mandalorian show is apparently quite good. So far.

SShock2.com

Wait, what? There's a show about the Mandalorians?

Still Subjective
    Just one.

It's on Disney though. No idea how I'd get to see it.

Or just download it.

If you were to buy the service for every good TV show, you'd be paying a few hundred per month. Bugger that.

Chakat sex pillow
    If you've seen the two episodes of The Mandalorian so far, this is the funniest joke I've seen today. If you haven't, it's also a spoiler, so click at your own peril.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    It's on Disney though. No idea how I'd get to see it.
    Well, besides the obvious answer, you can always wait until the show is over, then subscribe for one month and binge watch it. It's only going to run 8 episodes.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I think SubJeff is referring to how it's only available in 6 countries so far. It's coming to a few more, including UK March 31 of next year tho, but not Finland! Boo! Oh well, at least all it's shows'll be wrapped up and bingeable by the time they get here.

Still Subjective
    That's right henke. I also will not be getting Disney+or any other streaming service. I already have Netflix, Now TV and Amazon Prime. And access to Apple and Google movie and TV show renting/buying. But getting Apple Plus or whatever it is.

Chakat sex pillow
    Big props to Ludwig Göransson's score for The Mandalorian. Since it's a space western, there are major nods to Ennio Morricone (and not many, if any, to John Williams) while it's very much its own thing, orchestra and percussion and synths all take centre-stage at various points to underscore a grittier, menacing vibe in concert with a whole lot of swashed buckles.

Here's a spotify link if this sort of thing floats your space boat.

I'm 3 episodes into The Mandalorian and absolutely loving it. I dunno why, but I love all the non main movie related Star Wars content. Whether it be the spin off movies (Rogue One and Solo) or this. If your a Star Wars fan then this is a MUST WATCH. Fantastic stuff.

The non-main movies aren't buried under the crushing weight of having to perform to such astronomic standards.

The interesting part to me is how much like a secular religion the whole thing feels like, where little details in the original movie take on this otherworldly large significance that have to reverberate in everything that comes later. I guess it's just in the nature of folk lore to do that. I can already foresee its own protestant reformation someday that wants to pare it all back to the essentials.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930