TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM 'Bones: Episode 1' - December 2012

Archivist
    After a false start, I hope people can now experience this mission in it's full glory . Zacharias have delivered some impressive piece of work. The briefing movie is beautiful, the winter atmosphere is lovely, the city exploration is a thrill. I had a great time testing Bones and undoubtly people will be equally enjoying the finished version.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I think the way NewDark works is it uses the palette of full.xxx if it exists, to maintain backwards compatibility I guess, and uses the 32bit texture file if there is no full.xxx file. So if you included a full.png in a family folder when you didn't need to it might have applied a junk palette to those textures. It's probably best not to mix and match palettized and unpalettized textures within the same family, and only include a full file in the former.

Thanks for your timely release, and great thanks for the sacrifice of your time and efforts in providing us all with another mission to fulfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I think the way NewDark works is it uses the palette of full.xxx if it exists, to maintain backwards compatibility I guess, and uses the 32bit texture file if there is no full.xxx file. So if you included a full.png in a family folder when you didn't need to it might have applied a junk palette to those textures. It's probably best not to mix and match palettized and unpalettized textures within the same family, and only include a full file in the former.
    Thanks Yandros, yep that seems to have happened. Sorry for the screwup everyone. I am still planning a new version because now a bit paranoid and I can't be sure the texture enhancement pack won't override some textures (even if only on some machines) so it's best for me to create new tex families and put all the custom tex there.

There are still problems with some textures. Seems you forgot to remove full.png from the Core_3 folder in the new version you uploaded.

Yep..i did. Sorry again.

Uploading a new version (1.02) as we speak, should be up in an hour or so.

Fixes:
    Removed core_3 full file and changed some textures that may conflict with enhanced pack.
    - minor roombrush fix
    - fixed anti-necrosis medicine physics

Quote Originally Posted by zacharias View Post
    Yep..i did. Sorry again.

Fixes:
    Removed core_3 full file and changed some textures that may conflict with enhanced pack.
    - minor roombrush fix
    - fixed anti-necrosis medicine physics
    That's nice, and thank you very much!

bikerdude
    Awesome, look forward to playing this today.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    It's probably best not to mix and match palettized and unpalettized textures within the same family, and only include a full file in the former.
    Not surprising, I ignored this and mixed them together on the New Dark release of Mech Angelo. Didn't seem to affect anything. However, I agree with Yandros--keep the 24/32-bit stuff in their own folders, away from the palettized textures.

Yep..i did. Sorry again.

Thank you for this gorgeous Christmas present It's been a truly fascinating experience to explore this beautiful, completely absorbing and amazingly rich world...

One question though (let me start): where are those factory workers to be taken home?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post

One question though (let me start): where are those factory workers to be taken home?
    It's only one ("William").
    He can be found beaten unconscious near Wharf Lane.

Edit: The location is randomized - he could be in one of five locations so forget my post...
    Last edited by Calibrator; 26th Dec 2012 at 14:20.

bikerdude
    Any idea when this will be up..?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    Any idea when this will be up..?

thanks
    Just download using the original link and you will get the latest version.

Well, seems like I *busted* the mission and can not complete it !

The objectives about retrieving the spice and return to the Safe-House do not check.
    First I discovered the safe-house with the keeper and grabbed the 3 spice-bags.
    Then I found the vault and snatched the spice from there.
    I have 4 spice bags in my inventory and another one from the vault obviously registered as loot.

I guess these objectives work only if you do them the other way round ?
    Is there something that I would miss, since the Keeper will not talk to me - obviously because these 2 objectives are not checked yet ?

Another little bug:
    if you BJ one of the two pagan-women and frob them, then it is very likely that the mission will crash when you try to drop them again.
    They do not show have an icon either when you have them on your shoulders.

Otherwise this is a really nice mission !
    I like the architecture and the vast map !

The link should go to 1.02 now.

By the way all the textures display ok for me but if there are still issues, if anything looks weird, please let me know and I will have another look and fix things (possibly I should have made all the new tex .png and delete all palette files). (Possibly that's a bit lame getting you to report bugs but as the file has been released it's either that or pull the file.)

By the way 2: location of William is somewhat randomized. He may be in 1 of 5 places.
    These are:
    Just south-east of Crown Court
    Just north-west of bell tower
    In the little courtyard just north of the magic-EZ note
    Just south of the old cathedral
    At the end of a little lane somewhere between Eltz Court and Mortlock House

gnartsch - ah crap. Forgot to make those bags frob inert. If you have completed all the other objectives and return to the safehouse it should end i think (go to safehouse is final objective)..but you've done it completely backwards, which i like
    Thanks for the info about the pagan women.
    Ah..I really thought this was ready but looks like another version is needed to eliminate some issues.

EDIT: Uploading version 1.03 now (same link) with fixes for pagan women pickup bug and spice bags in Safehouse made frob inert. Should be up in an hour or so.
    Last edited by zacharias; 26th Dec 2012 at 12:00. Reason: Added minor spoilers

a simply brilliant first mission Zacharias!,with such a lot of variety crammed in to it..

BTW:The location of William(The Factory worker) is somewhat randomized. He may be in 1 of 5 places.
    Also..some of the AI in the mission are randomised each time you start a new mission,so this adds to great replayability..

it was sad that the textures were not all correctly showing for some.we didn't all get this in the beta test,but now that its sorted and seen, as it should be seen...its such a fab mission...I am just dying for part 2 now

Great mission! It really brings out an old school thief feel and runs smooth as silk in 1.19!

Excellent mission, managed to find a way to rooftops and explore unintended zones, places where we not suppose to reach for, but fun as heck too and it does not break the mission or anything, would want to share the screenshot, but the snapshot that takes my screenshots to screenshot folder in where Thief 2 is located, they all turn very pitch dark and I wonder, how can I force the captured screenshots to be brighter?
    -edit- If you want I can point out the location and how to make it unreachable, i'm currently exploring to make sure it really won't break the mission.
    -2nd edit- It's nothing to do with rope arrows though.
    I managed to place a crate on a thin railway, special jump mantled ontop the rail, jumped onto the crate, then I could run, jump and mantle onto a ledge next to me that allows me to reach rooftops to the void and I could backtrack from industrial area back to starting point that way and I at least only take minor damage, lastly if you don't mind losing 6 healing points you could slide fall onto solid ground entirely outside the mission map, I could walk around in some unfinished building near the monastery walls, if you as the author of the FM finds this okay for taffers to find and explore I'll leave it as a secret and see if others can find the sweet spot that gives access although its a trap, once you slide down no way to get out, unless you strictly stay at rooftop level to "slide" your way back to starting point.

-3edit- Thank you so much!!!! Check this awesome screenshot.
    Sliding on rooftops shortcut
    Last edited by Ghostly; 26th Dec 2012 at 13:16.

Thanks for the great comments taffers..it's really nice to read.

Also Ghostly yes..with rope arrow into snow you can climb out in places..We discussed this in beta and the general consensus was climbing is cool, so it was left this way rather than blocking every climb (some are still blocked). For brightening screens add an adjustment layer 'levels' or 'curves' in photoshop and tweak..

location of William is somewhat randomized. He may be in 1 of 5 places.
    Thanks, he is now safely recovering at home I finished with 4136 loot at 4/9 secrets - two obvious reasons to return and continue exploring

BTW, I could not resist to BJ Mr. Mortlock - and witnessed a bizarre scene: he duly collapsed, but after about 2 seconds he rose up and ran out to the streets, just to fall unconscious again a few blocks ahead, past the corner. If this is a bug it's so amusing you should leave it untouched

Fantastic Mission, good gameplay, First i had trouble with the Textures, but when i installed Tafferpatcher 207 Beta everything is working

Grtzz T-Linkz

Awesome!!! I was hoping to have a little Thief time with a new mission over the holidays!!! Thanks!

Well, just finished it on Expert in about 2-1/2 hours. Took my good ole sweet time. Very enjoyable. Nice balance on everything. Well done!!!!
    Last edited by HauntHunter; 27th Dec 2012 at 00:15.
    If at first you don't succeed...reload and try again!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's a mirror: Bones Episode 1 (version 1.04).
    Last edited by Brethren; 14th Mar 2013 at 10:08.

bikerdude
    Just finished playing this, a good solid 3 hrs of atmospheric gameplay. Thanks for making this mission Zach its is very much appreciated and I cant quite believe this is your first mission, very impression young man ...

Great Mission I thought it was going to be rather small at first with hardly any opening doors, but it kept going and going lots of areas to explore Great mission zacharias!! Loved it!! Thank you again for this Christmas present.

Excellent mission Zacharius !

Enjoyed the atmosphere and, although I had the texture problem, I don't think it detracted from the enjoyment significantly.
    Nice variety of enemies,great architecture and fun new weapons! Also enjoyed working out how to get to some difficult locations.

Missed a few secrets and some loot - I'll have to play again at a later date.
    Can't believe that's your first release - great effort - you should be very proud of it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast