TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM 'Bones: Episode 1' - December 2012

I've only played for what seems a small time and already can tell there is going to be so much to do. zacharias, ya just made my holiday thank you so much... the mission looks fantastic.

Only a few minutes in and right away, I had to pause to come here and compliment you on this wonderful piece of thiefy goodness.
    The story bit at the beginning was very good and very believable- the idea of the Mechanists cleaning out the old quarter was really brilliant.
    I also love how there's undead areas and living areas really close together, but how the living areas are sealed off mostly. It makes for lovely atmosphere- that bow-guard at the beginning outside the graveyard was simple yet effective.

This is looking to be a wonderful mission!

I'll post more once I finish it.

Just finished. Fantastic mission! Enjoyed every minute of it. Hoping there will be a sequel

I enjoyed every minute of this mission too, so much to do and a great mix of rooftopping with a lot of nooks and crannies for loot and tools. Also some funny messages here and there.

Took me about 2.5 hours to get through on Normal and I still did not explore all the undead areas below the town.

I will see if I might be able to ghost it on Expert, but I know that will take alot more time.

I kind of regret not starting on Expert in the first place.

Several different environments encased by by one giant snowy one.

I can't believe you managed to pack all this into a 50.93 Mb compression.

Fantastic Job!

Congratulations on this release, which is one I am sure I will play alot more.

Just finished it, great mission, I loved exploring the town, and the stunning architecture.

Master Builder 2018
    I've completed all objectives except the optional one to deliver the medicine to Jonas' room near the factory. I have searched every building near the factory and cannot find Jonas' room. I've dropped the medicine on every table in every room I've come across and still no luck. I'd be grateful for a hint.

Tannar

Behind the factory, adjacent to Stoneleigh Street. Two storey blocks of apartments in three sections connected by bridges. They are dark brown brick.

Zacharius - great mission, so much to explore and do. It's amazing how much interesting stuff you managed to pack in.

Master Builder 2018
    Thanks. I'd been through those apartments a million times but I forgot that the sick kid was named Jonas. I kept thinking of that as William's apartment.

Thanks taffers..really happy people are enjoying it

ps. Not sure if it is totally ghostable, but much of it should be.

I think I recall seeing a vid to this on Thiefmissions.com in the "goodies" link..
    this is going to be interesting.

Congratulations on the release, zacharias! This mission was SO much fun to test and I never, ever got bored. I kept finding things and places that I'd missed before and different ways to get from A to B. I did ghost several of the beta versions with the exception of a couple of spots, only one of which was a bust and I think that was fixed in the release version but I didn't have time to check that out due to the holiday festivities. Excellent and unbelievably outstanding first mission! I truly hope you'll find time to build more for us.

nice mission,3/9 secrets,the guy with stick/spear in sewers was a nice touchbut the idea i lost health in cold water was not that great,and i only found 1 healing potion in gamealso i did find the theater tickets

is there a list of secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    is there a list of secrets?
    Why yes!

1. necro arrow tower near start
    2. necro arrows crypts
    3. detonation arrow near gatehouse
    4. detonation arrow in Phantom's empty room :wink:
    5. Icebomb near dockhouse
    6. Invisibility Potion & explosive near MortLock House
    7. Theatre tickets room
    8. Theatre tickets (I think this is counted twice because of being a bonus objective(?))
    9. Slowfall potion pickup (Bell Tower)

Not quite correct.
    #7 does not count twice.
    Instead there is a secret in the Inventors rooms

I too think this was brilliant. I am playing v1.03 on expert and had no problems with textures etc. I think the only minor flaw was making the water harmful, it curtails exploration and perhaps more could have been made of underwater secrets, passages etc. But otherwise it's a fantastic mission.

I am 3 secrets short and trying to find them. Could someone be more specific about the "tower near start" which is supposed to hold a necro arrow, as there are several candidate towers and none appear to be climbable.

Great mission, loved to play this one, this map shows a beautifull medieval city, carefull how you do the roof edges they look odd, apart from that everything is fine, thanks for this high quality mission, looking foward for more

d. 2014
    nice mission,finished on easy,now playing on expert,where are those special arrows near the start, and gatehouse,could someone ,tell me.

Thanks guys. ps. The water harms the player thing I wondered about..and in the end added it because it's a bit realistic and I also think the water is too easy an escape route otherwise (there's too much of it) and this means you use it only as a last resort. If you really hate it though you can open up the mission in DromEd, go into Object Heirarchy: Flow Groups, find Flow Group 1 and drag it back up into the water groups (from lava) and save the mission and then rezip it.

Necro arrows: 2 bridges near start, go to western one, southern end should have a room you can rope arrow to. There's also some hidden in the underground/undead section but you'll need a fire arrow (to light the torch) to get them.
    Detonation arrows: 2 are found in a high window north east of this bit (same bridge). Again you have to rope arrow to it.
    Last edited by zacharias; 28th Dec 2012 at 13:06.

Actually, a torch will also get you into the secret in the undead area.

I'm still one short, though. It may be the one referred to above as "Phantom's empty room". Any clues please?

Finished. Was a good mission with much to explore, found only 4 secrets and 4019 loot.
    Waiting for the next part..

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Actually, a torch will also get you into the secret in the undead area.

I'm still one short, though. It may be the one referred to above as "Phantom's empty room". Any clues please?
    Check out the alleys in between Eltz Court and MortLock House, there's one dead end where you can rope up to a window which has a detonation arrow in a chest up there.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharias View Post
    Thanks guys. ps. The water harms the player thing I wondered about..and in the end added it because it's a bit realistic and I also think the water is too easy an escape route otherwise (there's too much of it) and this means you use it only as a last resort. If you really hate it though you can open up the mission in DromEd, go into Object Heirarchy: Flow Groups, find Flow Group 1 and drag it back up into the water groups (from lava) and save the mission and then rezip it.

Necro arrows: 2 bridges near start, go to western one, southern end should have a room you can rope arrow to. There's also some hidden in the underground/undead section but you'll need a fire arrow (to light the torch) to get them.
    Detonation arrows: 2 are found in a high window north east of this bit (same bridge)
    thankyou,that will help,,

Quote Originally Posted by zacharias View Post
    special weapons: Detonation arrows: 2 are found in a high window north east of this bit (same bridge). Again you have to rope arrow to it.
    is this by the "sorcerer's" tower and gatehouse, in a toolbox? I couldn't figure out a way to it!
    is the precursor mask still available in lower difficulties? I couldn't find it on easy...

I'm currently lost in the abandoned area, but until now have had a lot of fun exploring! Tons of detail in the architecture, sound, and story, many ways and places to explore... this is great!

Congrats on the release Zacharias
    Enjoy all positive remarks
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    is this by the "sorcerer's" tower and gatehouse, in a toolbox? I couldn't figure out a way to it!
    is the precursor mask still available in lower difficulties? I couldn't find it on easy...

I'm currently lost in the abandoned area, but until now have had a lot of fun exploring! Tons of detail in the architecture, sound, and story, many ways and places to explore... this is great!
    Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it. You can go on the ledge mid way up the gatehouse tower. You have to get inside the gate to access this ledge though, then mantle onto the grey roof just west of the gatehouse lever and you can find the ledge and from there fire a rope arrow.
    Yes, the precursor mask is removed on lower difficulties..which is possibly a design mistake

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast