TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM 'Bones: Episode 1' - December 2012

I started a new game and have been trying to ghost this on Expert and it has been fairly difficult.

I have managed to ghost it to some degree but not without getting minor attention like "Must have been rats!"

Big Kudos and congratulations to anyone who pulls off a super-ghost of this mission on Expert.

I have only one objective to go other than collecting all of the loot and that is to find out where the precursor mask is.

Currently I am in the the crypts, which is where I am guessing the mask might be. I do not remember reading any texts as to it's whereabouts, but this is where I would figure I might be getting closer to it. Unless it is in the bridge tower.

Precursor mask: location is randomised to 1 of 5 rooms, all of these rooms are in the underground bit, near or close to the very bottom level.

Hm, still one secret short, and I'm not sure which one it is. Can anyone be a bit more specific about the location of the "detonation arroe near gatehouse" please?

Detonation arrows near start: Just east of the guard gatehouse is an open window you can rope arrow to (from the ledge mid way up the gatehouse tower). You have to get inside the gate to access this ledge though, then mantle onto the grey roof just west of the gatehouse lever and you can find the ledge and from there fire a rope arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharias View Post
    Detonation arrows near start: Just east of the guard gatehouse is an open window you can rope arrow to (from the ledge mid way up the gatehouse tower). You have to get inside the gate to access this ledge though, then mantle onto the grey roof just west of the gatehouse lever and you can find the ledge and from there fire a rope arrow.
    I think I have been to that window already. Unfortunately the list of secrets posted by bob_doe_nz isn't very clear on locations. I'm confused about the locations of 1 and 3. I also have an explosive barrel in my inventory, but no invisibility potion, and I don't recall using one.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 29th Dec 2012 at 11:29.

d. 2014
    mission compleated on expert,but i never got the objective for the medicine,and i never found it,why no objective never came up i dont know i went in the room and read the book,,

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'm confused about the locations of 1 and 3. I also have an explosive barrel in my inventory, but no invisibility potion, and I don't recall using one.
    The one i referred to is 3. 1 is found in the tower a bit south of 3.. Sounds like you've missed 6. That's found by roping up to a little window/balcony just north of MortLock House bit (just above the light that comes on and off).(Not really spoilers imo but put in a tag just in case..
    I'll try and have a run through and check the medicine objective..it used to work fine but DromEd is strange..

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    mission compleated on expert,but i never got the objective for the medicine,and i never found it,why no objective never came up i dont know i went in the room and read the book,,

I think the obj only comes up when you actually find the medicine in Belgois placeand not when you just read the mothers note

Got no words to describe this mission other than AWESOME

I think I have been to that window already. Unfortunately the list of secrets posted by bob_doe_nz isn't very clear on locations. I'm confused about the locations of 1 and 3. I also have an explosive barrel in my inventory, but no invisibility potion, and I don't recall using one.
    You want it to be easy???

Oh alright!

1:
    From the start, hop over behind the windmill to the docks area. From the docks, head left (North?) to the bridge with stone statues.
    Climb the ladder and look to the left. Above the bridge looking towards the start area of sorts is a small room that requires some rope arrows to access.

Below this room is a blocked off area with some bashable planks and a patrolling archer.

3:

From the same bridge, head to the other side. Before you get to the gate, look right to the building and then up. In the upper left corner of the building is a window. That window has the detonation arrow.
    To get there... Either

A: Go around the building. You will see some slanted roofs with a couple of metal pipes running along it. What you need to do is get up it, walk all the way towards the building window, rope arrow up via the mossy bits on the right.

B: You may notice a guard who cannot be KO'd on the other side of the bridge. You can get there later on. Once you do, you may notice a guard that patrols the upper area.
    The upper area has the porticullis control. Go there and climb the slanted roof by the metal fence. Go over, around and the navigate to the detonation arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I think the obj only comes up when you actually find the medicine in Belgois placeand not when you just read the mothers note
    I also never received the medicine objective, even after I read the note in the pagan apartment and found the antidote. I have taken the unconscious husband and the medicine back to the apartment and left them there, but I never received an objective about either him or it. Mind you, I think I blackjacked the mother at some point, which may have messed things up a bit

Both the new medicine and William objectives trigger from reading a note in the doc's room, rather than the mother's note.

Both the new medicine and William objectives trigger from reading a note in the doc's room, rather than the mother's note.
    I second this. Played through it yesterday and also there are 2 guards I didn't get screenshots of that float in mid air until you kill them. Then they fall down. The first guard was so far up, it was at least 2 stories high, almost 3.

Belated congratulations on the release zacharias. You did a great job and I still have hopes that one day we may see Episode 2.

I don't know whether it's NewDark or not but in the last few missions I've tested, AI seem to be particularly wayward. They can behave beautifully one playthrough and go walkabout, fly, get stuck for no reason whatsoever in another. They've always been a bit tricky but now they're just downright contrary!

But I have read the readable in the doctor's place too. I went back and re-read it just to be sure, but no objective.

I also had a archer walking up and down a wall near Mortlock House.

Still a fantastic mission, BTW.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    thanks i will play it again,and try to find it,,

Up and down a wall..?! As in spider man..or just doing step ups..hehe..Yeah, pathfinding can be very odd in good old Dark..maybe even more so in 1.19(?) although in theory it was improved a little bit I think..
    If a guard is floating it may be because Dark thinks there is a ledge there (and there is, although the AI won't fall immediately when you expect them to..that's my only thought..)

Marbrien: sounds like a bug..I'll try and have a look at this again.

ps. Thanks nickie. nickie is a really good tester everyone and was very helpful in beta.
    Last edited by zacharias; 30th Dec 2012 at 13:15.

rather interesting... cant wait for part 2..
    trick to this missions is simple... think outside the box

But I have read the readable in the doctor's place too. I went back and re-read it just to be sure, but no objective.

I also had a archer walking up and down a wall near Mortlock House.

Still a fantastic mission, BTW.
    in the testing,I did have a guard running out of the metal balcony,near the docs door and up the wall and fall down to the street...he did this several times as if in a loop....but could not recreate it again after it happened the once....sure there are some odd things that happen with Dark,but it all just adds to the humour of it,lol

Hey there .o/

I also had some issues with disappearing doors and the medicine stuff not triggering, but I wanted to say this is a very nice mission, I enjoyed it quite much :}

I think the Dr Belgoi book not triggering the new objectives was caused by using a timed relay trigger, I'm not sure if they are completely watertight (that's the only thing I can think of which may cause it not to trigger). So I'm putting up a v 1.04 version now with this timed relay removed.
    Also marked the workers quarters on the map to make it less confusing.

I am playing again using v1.04, and on expert. All objectives seem to be working properly.

Where exactly is the icebomb near the dockhouse? I can't find it this time!

When you are up on the ledge of the dockhouse building over the canal, look up and west, you can rope arrow up to a single room with a torch lever/secret compartment.

By the way, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (I'm not reading the previous spoilers yet), but I think there is an issue -as I doubt this would be intentional- with a zombie with flies and a haunt which seem to be patroling together : from what I've seen, it looks like the haunt regularly takes damage from the zombie's flies, and that ultimately can kill the haunt.

Constance, I've seen a haunt being killed while staying to close to a fire.
    I would say: count your blessings
    I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it sure looked good.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast