TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 V1.19 FM: The Tower in the Forest (1/2013)

Thank you for the congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    What? "Proofreaders (English): My sister, nickie."

This can only be good .
    Because of my sister?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Have a look at the bookcase furthest away from where you found the book.
    Ah, that's where it was hiding. Thank you.

Finished the mission now, but i don't think i left the tower the intended way. I gassed the guards at the front gate and exited that way. But in the storage area there is tunnel leading to a back door and i assume that's the proper exit. But i haven't been able to find the key to open it anywhere. Where is that key?

It is up to you, where you leave the tower.

Anyway, the key is in the earthmage area, near a standing mage. It is on the table.

Playing on Expert, I've done pretty much everything I can think of now. This FM is fantastic, it makes me think of Ruins of Originia and Ultima Underworld at times. My current problems are:

# Getting into the Room of Portals.
    - For this, I need the code, which means I need to figure out what Abronsius is babbling about in his notebook. I think I've found the necessary readables (or Octanions) but in no way am I sure.

# Finding the Ring.
    - I've found the readable that gives me a clue as to where it is, and it's sufficient to tick off the objective, but I'm no closer to understanding what it means or where to look. On the roof of the spiral stairway, perhaps?
    - Speaking of that, how do I get up there?

# Finding and getting the Book of the Archmage.
    - I'm guessing it's behind the locked door in the Library, which I have no idea how to get through.

I'm also missing roughly 400 of the loot, hopefully most of it is located in the areas I haven't reached yet.

Any hints?
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 6th Jan 2013 at 08:16.

Code for the Room of Portals:
    I think you have the diary, don't you? This is the instruction how to use the second clue you need.
    This is in the library. It is the nonsense sentence.

When you have access to the Room of Portals, this problem will get solved, I think.

same as #2

I do not know what loot you already have... some pieces are tricky. But I don't think all the missing is the areas you haven't reached so far... (this is only an assumption.)

After rummaging around in the basement (where I found some more loot, 4698 now) and running half a marathon up and down the stairs, I successfully nabbed the ring. That's what you get for thinking on top of the box...

I have the proper readable, now let's see if I can figure out the rest. Thanks for the hints!

EDIT: Figured it out on the first try. The problem was finding which readable to use. Abronsius gives huge hints towards this, but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to look through all of them to check.

Now that I've finished this FM, I can just honestly say... wow. It's huge, but still never makes one feel lost. It's challenging, but never gets too complicated to frustrate the player. It's well written, the architecture is out of this world (and at times, quite literally) and there are many clever things to be found, seen and experienced. It's one of those FMs that made me want to try out stuff just for a laugh. I tried making friends with the ghost by leaving Dewdrop around and successfully climbed up the lava ramp in the Fire area and I even managed to carry Abronsius back to his pals.

For a first FM, this is incredible. No other word describes it.

Thank you. I'm glad that you had fun.

Congratulations on the release! Downoading now!!!

DromEd Archmage
    Hi!

I'm stuck, that's rare, but possible!

I'm playing in hard. I got the Artefact, the Serpentine Torc, the loot.
    One objective to do before leaving: Find more about the Artefact.
    Where could I find such thing?
    I'm seeking for it everywhere, I'm running everywhere in the tower, totaly lost. What level? Etc.

I can't open the door in the library, the door near Lovis, the door in the training room and the Valley is unreachable.
    I guess that the Portal Room and the Valley are unreachable because of the difficulty.
    But the other?

Where could I find the information?
    Just tell me the floor or the area please.

Ok, only the floor:
    Ground floor, access through the library or the watermage area.

By the way, your guess is right, it is because of the difficulty.

Notesthes, great first mission. Some tiny bugs here and there (I can walk through barrels and whatnot) and I seem to get stuck about 2 meters before getting to the doors in the central stairs. Nothing big though.

I have a boat load of loot and made all objectives, but the ring and book - playing on expert. I cracked the code, got the harp, etc. Been to the valley and frankly don't know what I am supposed to do there. It is just for fun? I feel like I know it like my own back yard now... Is there something there?

I have been top to bottom, up and down ladders, stairs, ramps, etc. No ring and no book. The clues already given don't help me unfortunately, since I have been these places. Everyone is knocked out now, so I have freedom to go anywhere. The only place I cannot get into is the one unopenable door the metal one in the library central stair case Any futher clues where are these items are? Thanks

I think I got it... I still need to go through the portal room. I thought I already had. I thought the onein the basement was just a clue for the code to use upstairs. Obviousely wrong on my count. Now I need to figure out the lower room's code too.

Bjack
    Last edited by bjack; 6th Jan 2013 at 13:34.

DromEd Archmage
    Done.

Good first fun mission!

Strangely, it was easier to find the hard than the information.
    But I have done it!

It was intersting!
    The only thing that disturb me was the textures'offset (layer if you prefer that word ) but nothing bad.
    We got a magical feeling, I like that! Loot is easy to find, we are never totaly lost, and I like this kind of "Never cross the main stairs, go up thanks to secret ways".

Congratulation, I hope that you'll made some other mission like that!

Bjack:
    So, you do not have access to the Room of Portals I presume. You should carefully check all these Krolock and Abronsius conservations. With this you can get the code.

Unfortunately I do not know which unopenable door you are refering to...

Quote Originally Posted by Notesthes View Post
    Bjack:
    So, you do not have access to the Room of Portals I presume. You should carefully check all these Krolock and Abronsius conservations. With this you can get the code.

Unfortunately I do not know which unopenable door you are refering to...
    When you stand in about the center of the library, there is the central staircase. There are 2 doors you can use. Thre is a 3rd door on the wall of letters about 30 or so meters past the entrace to the staircase. If you think of the central stairs as a room withing the large library, then the door is on the outside of that room. It is inoperable, with the handle pointing staight down.

And yes, I need the second code. I am trying to figure it out from the readibles I have. The first one was pretty easy, but I just don't get the "zetameter" clue sentence in the nonsense book. I am probably using the wrong non-sense.

Aha, this door. You soon will see.

It is the right nonsense. Do you have the diary of Abronsius'? Use it on the nonsense sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Done. Good first fun mission! . . . Congratulation, I hope that you'll made some other mission like that!
    I recommend you play on Expert now as there's a whole heap of extra things to do. And I'm encouraged to think Notesthes might be entering your contest!

Aha, this door. You soon will see.

It is the right nonsense. Do you have the diary of Abronsius'? Use it on the nonsense sentence.
    Thanks, got it. I stuck myslef on the idea that the numbers were the same ones as the other door, but in a different combination.

However, I am still stuck. I have the portal open, but never found the ring location clue. Is the location clue in the library? I have searched that place for hours and cannot find any other books. I have been through all the portals and no ring. What am I missing that was so obvious to everyone else?

Cheers and Danke,
    Bjack
    Last edited by bjack; 6th Jan 2013 at 14:51.

The location of the ring is in the information on it. Read the note of the servant, it says where the information is. Indeed the ring information is in the Valley of Despair. So: This valley is not just for fun.

The location of the ring is in the information on it. Read the note of the servant, it says where the information is. Indeed the ring information is in the Valley of Despair. So: This valley is not just for fun.
    Thanks. That was obvious... I even had a note to look there, but misplaced it under something. Duh Time to go back in...

Excellent mission, Nothesthes !
    I am surprised to see you joining the community just lately and coming up with such a big mission in your pocket already
    In general the puzzles were well done.
    The 'Fiery Air or Airy Fire' puzzled me, though. I thought it would refer to a 'star' and I should frob the teleskope? Ok, figured out after a while that I was on the wrong lead.
    The only thing I am still scratching my head about is the code for the Elemental Door.
    I found the right digits on my own, but had to juggle 2 digits (compared to what the result of the 'Mages riddle' would have been). Why is 5847 the wrong code ?
    I enjoyed the architecture & the puzzles and also laughed by butt off reading these jokes.
    Thanks for this mission !

Wow, what a fantastic mission!!!!And if it's your first one well, my jaw is dropping......
    I'm stuck in the valley of desperation.....it makes my eyes dizzy........any clue?

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    The only thing I am still scratching my head about is the code for the Elemental Door. I found the right digits on my own, but had to juggle 2 digits (compared to what the result of the 'Mages riddle' would have been). Why is 5847 the wrong code ?
    There is a note on the apprentice floor which refers to the order in which something must be said. It says: water is always the last. Therefore you have a choice of 3 different answers with 8 always being last. The numbers are taken from the different elemental numbers down the corridors. The Mage's riddle refers to the Portals door. Hope I've replied to what you were asking.

@ maga If you've found the servant's note on the barracks floor, it says that she dropped the info in the southwest corner. So, make a note of where you start, which is in the north and work your way along the north wall and you'll find the exit.
    And yes, I did despair when I first played this.

I enjoyed the architecture & the puzzles and also laughed by butt off reading these jokes.
    (My favourite is the one with epsilon. )

Why is [...]?
    There is a scroll on the apprentices floor, somewhere. It said something about mumbling mages... and water be the last: Wind blows, fire burns, eath shakes, water flows.

maga:
    Did you have the note called Important Areas (in this is a instruction of getting out)?
    Another question: Why have you entered the valley? (I do not want to anticipate, therefore I am asking.)

Edit:
    Oh, nickie was faster.
    By the way, what do you mean with The Mage's riddle refers to the Portals door.?

By the way, what do you mean with The Mage's riddle refers to the Portals door.?
    I thought he was talking about the nonsense sentence.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast