TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 V1.19 FM: The Tower in the Forest (1/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    Where can i find "nonsense sentence"?
    It's a book on a shelf in the lower part of the library, next to a scroll.

I'm totally stuck myself. I can't figure out the code. I never had algebra in highschool and I don't get the text in the guide how to write with four figures.
    Please spoil me?
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

thank you for the amazing mission,i hope you make tons more

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    It's a book on a shelf in the lower part of the library, next to a scroll.

I'm totally stuck myself. I can't figure out the code. I never had algebra in highschool and I don't get the text in the guide how to write with four figures.
    Please spoil me?
    You don't need algebra, just simple arithmetic (and knowledge of programmer-speak).

A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, ..., X = 24, Y = 25, Z = 26.
    Four letters form the code but some of the letters are greater than nine. That's where the checksum comes in.
    For example, the checksum for 25 = 2 + 5 = 7.

The rest is left as an (hopefully easy) exercise for the taffer.

Hope this helps!

- prjames

Empyrium:
    The nonsense sentence is in the upper level of the library NW (in the NW corner is a big hole in the ground).

Gloria Creep:
    You do not need the guide how to write with four figures. This is just some fiddling around of mine with the morse code.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    It's quite difficult to explain much more but I'll have a go. If you've followed the instructions to go south and west then you want to look for a bookshelf where the shelf is on your right, in front of you is a wooden wall and to the left is either space or the ramps down to the ground floor or something similar to that. If you can find a spot like that then check the shelf carefully.
    thankyou,found it

d. 2014
    It's quite difficult to explain much more but I'll have a go. If you've followed the instructions to go south and west then you want to look for a bookshelf where the shelf is on your right, in front of you is a wooden wall and to the left is either space or the ramps down to the ground floor or something similar to that. If you can find a spot like that then check the shelf carefully.
    thankyou found it

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    Go as far South and West (SW) as you can, in the upper library level and the switch is a small square grey switch on the front face of the bookcase at about arms reach above your head it is a similar colour as the bookshelves,and easy to miss
    thankyou to you and nickie,found it,

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    thankyou to you and nickie,found it,
    what did it openi expected the library door to open but no

Have a look in the NW corner of the library - ground floor.

Another awesome mission, 2 and half hours of pure delight

Like others before me I found everything except the info on the Artifact. I went down the Library hole, rode up in the sloped water tunnel, pressed the big button, entered a hallway - knocking out poor Lovis in passing- but no info anywhere. I see 4 inactive talismans in swirling black smoke, and a structure of large concentric rings with an empty pedestal in the center..

I'd be grateful for a(n unambiguous) hint...

You need to look in the tunnel behind the 'bedroom'.

You need to look in the tunnel behind the 'bedroom'.
    Found it, thank you! I've tried that before but kept falling out of the water at that blue fog, and gave up too easily.

Again, a spectacular adventure. I hope your brother will keep up...

Thank you. Glad you had fun. This water tunnel was really small at the beginning (before the final betatest).
    By the way: Whose brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Notesthes View Post
    Thank you. Glad you had fun. This water tunnel was really small at the beginning (before the final betatest).
    By the way: Whose brother?
    Did I misread #26? Sorry if I did...

This comma is meant as an and. Actually I had 2 proofreaders.

Master Builder 2018
    I finally managed to find time to finish this mission. I am quite impressed! It is a very imaginative and enjoyable mission in all respects. I thought the puzzles were challenging but not too difficult (other than the switch in the library). The clues for it were fine but it was almost impossible to see, even when standing right next to it. I had to come to the forum for help on that but that was the only stumbling block. Everything else was clear. The gameplay was very good, the layout of the tower and the concepts for the different rooms were well designed and a lot of fun to experience. I almost despaired when I first saw the Valley of Despair but it was not really difficult and reminded me of Constantine's a bit in its strangeness. Thanks for the hard work and for a very enjoyable mission!

You're welcome. Thank you for your detailed feedback. It's nice that you enjoyed the mission.

I Like, I Like...

What a wacky mission I'm loving it!! As with all missions I always start with Normal (easy), sure glad I did with this one or I would've have been dead as soon as I entered the forest room with the crazy waterfall, dove into that that and got thrown out in the air chamber lol. I've made it all the way to the "roof", except the absolute top with the guard rails, but then I remembered I was supposed to take "the fall" on the same floor as the treasure chamber to get to the torc, but I can't find that hole. Where exactly is it?
    I'm guessing the Special Key goes to the tunnel door in the storage celler, but I don't want to leave the treasure chamber floor just yet, that's a lot of marble stairs down lol & I left the guard alive at the bottom. I saved it at 2:56:00 exactly when I had to come here and ask where I'm supposed to take this great fall please do tell

AND as usual as soon as I posted and returned to the game I found it lol

Finished at 3hrs 7min. Awesome Game. Nice job!!
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 11th Jan 2013 at 23:58.

Finished on Expert but not without some help from this thread and from nickie. When I got stuck, it was mostly my own fault as the information was there in the mission and I had either forgotten something I'd read or overlooked a readable.

This is an excellent and very entertaining mission. It was imaginative and strange in a really good way! Thank you very much!

Oh boy... this is not a mission to spread out over a few weeks! I'm going to post what I've done and discovered, and hopefully someone can PM me some pointers on what to do next.

so far I have...
    found out about the artifact
    found out more about the Archmage's book

I need to...
    take the Torc
    take the artifact
    take the Ring of Neutrinos, then
    take the Archmage's book

I think I've been through all of the rooms accessible through the staircase (including all elemental rooms, library, treasury, rooftop) and this is what I've discovered:
    the code for the Portal Room is hidden in Krollock's Riddle: the initial letters of each line is a code (B=2), but in another language, which means ZEIT = TIME and those letters are 20, 9, 13, 5; adding the double digits up makes the code 2, 9, 4, 5. Correct?

The top floor elements (in their own mazes) have the following numbers: earth=4, fire=7, wind=5, water=8. Is this another code, maybe tied to the mantra some mages recite?

I tried navigating the Valley, but following the directions led me nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    Oh boy... this is not a mission to spread out over a few weeks! I'm going to post what I've done and discovered, and hopefully someone can PM me some pointers on what to do next.

so far I have...
    found out about the artifact
    found out more about the Archmage's book

I need to...
    take the Torc
    take the artifact
    take the Ring of Neutrinos, then
    take the Archmage's book

I think I've been through all of the rooms accessible through the staircase (including all elemental rooms, library, treasury, rooftop) and this is what I've discovered:
    the code for the Portal Room is hidden in Krollock's Riddle: the initial letters of each line is a code (B=2), but in another language, which means ZEIT = TIME and those letters are 20, 9, 13, 5; adding the double digits up makes the code 2, 9, 4, 5. Correct?

The top floor elements (in their own mazes) have the following numbers: earth=4, fire=7, wind=5, water=8. Is this another code, maybe tied to the mantra some mages recite?

I tried navigating the Valley, but following the directions led me nowhere

Everything is easier. Zettametres = Z (first letter of the line) = 26 (number in the alphabet) = 2+6 = 8 (first number of code Portal's Room). The room with the artifact: "water (8)" is last (from texts). Air(5) - first... Then - quite easily. Tork - Carefully inspect the walls of the treasure room on the left of the entrance. Good luck!

Soldi is right, you do not need to translate the word of the riddle (i.e. not TIME).
    The mages are saying something like "wind blows, fire burns, earth shakes, water flows".
    Do you remember where you find the switch to the treasure chamber door? These corridors include more than only the switch.
    Did you find the info on the Ring of Neutrinos? You need it, too. It is in the Valley of Despair in the SW corner (on the ground).

thank you, Soldi and Notesthes!
    I had all the clues, but it had been long enough (due to RL interference) that I just didn't see how they went together
    Great mission, spent about 3 hours in it - and all but ~750 loot. I'm not going back for the rest

Notesthes,

Thanks for this mission!
    Very nice!

Congratulations on your first mission release! You must be so excited! This is a wonderfully imaginative fan mission and map. Having a lot of fun with this, and really hope you make more.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast