TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 V1.19 FM: The Tower in the Forest (1/2013)

Thank you to you all for your kindness! I am glad that you like my mission and have/had fun with it.
    I for one really had fun making this mission. Maybe I am sometimes a stickler for details which delays completing a mission...

I finally finished this one! Got discouraged some days back - stuck in the Valley of Despair - and indeed it was! Also seem to be suffering from Death Stage 12 (?) problems with my beloved rope arrows on all the fms. Only missing 300+ loot. I really enjoyed peeking inside the imaginative mind of Notethes. And some nice humor in a few readables, too.

I understand about being a stickler. It's why I haven't released any of my own fms yet. But these days, I'm practicing on just letting some things slide

Urgent Walkthrough needed

Is there a walkthrough or hint list by riceburg out yet please? The mission is very confusing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexjones66 View Post
    Is there a walkthrough or hint list by riceburg out yet please? The mission is very confusing.
    Well, I do not know, if there is any walkthrough or hint list - except in my head. I tried to leave hints in nearly every scroll you can find in the mission...
    But if there is a specific question, just ask.

Hi guys, back to thief after 3 +months, life's been tough.....
    Anyway, any kind soul willing to pm me the code where the 2 dummies are?

Thank you!

Got it......
    Last edited by maga; 28th Mar 2013 at 11:19.

I got the archmage book....... how the heck do I get out of the room? Cannot find a switch for the door to open.....

Have a look at a bookcase on the opposite side of the room - you won't need a rope arrow to reach what you need.

Thank o nickie, really got rusty........

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexjones66 View Post

Thanks
    I'm working on it, but I'm stuck in the Valley of Despair. DOH!

Do you need some help? (If yes, just say so.)

Quote Originally Posted by Notesthes View Post
    Do you need some help? (If yes, just say so.)
    When I get stuck, I open things up in DromEd and find the answer I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    When I get stuck, I open things up in DromEd and find the answer I'm looking for.
    Haha, OK.

Last edited by Ricebug; 4th Jan 2014 at 19:13.

I've added this to the first post.

I finished it today, it took me about 4 hours of gameplay. Not without some walkthrough help though.

The feeling of an amazing mission increases with every minute after finishing. I realized I was not so patient in certain situations and have not connected clues good enough to solve puzzles. I solved Valley of despair, but for the first time since playing Thief, I struggled with loot. But it was only until I found my Friend.

I just noticed the new version. What was fixed actually? Any new things to discover?

No, nothing new. I only made two minor fixes (some barrels were not solid, now they are; and Garretts comment in the treasure chamber was not always correct, now it is). That is all.

I have a problem with this mission, I have lots of missing models.
    Prisoners in the cells, mages, etc ...

When I open the mission in Dromed, I have white triangles in place of the missing models.
    2 examples :
    - object 256, name=WaterMageX
    - object 1839, name=EarthMageFemaleX
    Others missing objects names : Prisoner3X, Prisoner5X, PrisonerFemale2X, ...

Thoses models are supposed to be in mesh directory, right ?

And I can't find the name of the file that corresponds to the model to see if the file is missing.
    Other thing, Dromed don't ask me to open Turm.gam when i open the mission, i don't know if it's related...
    Can someone help me ?

It sounds like the zip file did not decompress 100%. When I first ran it through DarkLoader to answer this post, miss20.mis was missing, which is the main map, of course. I checked the zip and it was in there.

Try installing the original T2 to flush out any stray folders and files and then re-install the FM. (Sometimes DL won't do a complete sanitizing, and you have to manually delete folders and files. Just know what you're deleting.

Dromed won't ask if you want to load the .gam file, unless it can't find it. It will say, Can't find gamesys file 'turm.gam,' Browse? If you select, say, dark.gam (or any other gam file), you'll get missing models, textures, etc.

I've finished the FM V1.0, no problems at all.

I can't access the Valley of Despair - it is Temporarily Sealed … right nearby are four hallways with gates over them that seem to correspond to Earth, Air, Water, Fire… no ideas here, any help please?

I suspect I may have a glitched version of this map - early on when I was picking up water crystals I was getting water arrows AND the crystals were going into my inventory as well. When I "used" them from my inventory, I got more crystals. Also, when I used water arrows on torches, they would stick, then frobbing them would give me infinite arrows.

When I reloaded, this glitch stopped. However, I realize from reading other posts that there are supposed to be mages in the mage areas - I have NO mages anywhere on this map.

Also, certain doors have invisible barriers barring me from entering rooms … and, as I said above, the Valley of Despair, and the elemental maze rooms are sealed with gates.

Anyone have any ideas here?
    Last edited by taffedinthehead; 9th Aug 2015 at 20:31.

Well, perhaps Ricebug is right. Or does version 1.1 of the fm has problems with thief version 1.23? Or is the zip buggy?
    If anyone want to fix this, he/she has my permission. (But please do not change anything else.) I'm too busy to do so at the moment, sorry...

Example about the water mage, in V1.0 I can see all variables related to WaterMageX, in V1.1 I see a line 'missing' and no variables below.
    And why the number is different ? (-8141 / -8154)

I enjoyed this mission a lot. Especially the mages' areas are crazy, beautiful and fun.
    Hints were just enough to keep me from getting stuck for too long. I actually completed the whole thing without forum help, which is ususual for missions this complex. I never figured out the order of the numbers in the code for the elemental lock (how were we supposed to understand this?), but with only 24 possible combos, that could be done with 'brute force'.

I have no idea how you managed to hide as much as 605 loot from me, though.
    All the more reason to replay it.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 28th Aug 2015 at 12:17.

@Apiai
    I looked at version 1.1, and you are right, it is broken.
    Please use version 1.0 - the only difference to 1.1 is, that there are barrels that are permable... nothing more (if I remember).

@jiansonz
    I'm glad you enjoyed the mission. I hope you played version 1.0 (in version 1.1 there are no mages.......).
    Concerning the order of the elemental lock: There is a writing were you can read a hint for the order. Something like: The last one was definitely water.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast