TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New T2 fm-"Lord Bafford's Secret"-New Dark-Jan/6th/2013

Last task for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Notesthes View Post
    The wall next to the scroll is no secret door, but you can frob pieces of the wall. You have to go really near to it. It is next to the really loud generator - on the other side of the generator than the entrance from the garden (I think).
    Thank you took about 3 hrs to get that doorway open

My last task is to find out about his riches & I remember finding a readable to that somewhere so, either it didn't tick off, or I found the wrong one

Everything else is done. Standing at Bafford's front door. Everybody I can find are just sleeping

Master Builder 2018
    Have you taken the space ship to the asteroid?

Yeah & back...

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Have you taken the space ship to the asteroid?
    Blew up the lazer too...

If I remember correctly you just have to go down into the basement of the church (on the asteroid)... where all those gems are.

Oh crap...

I don't remember that basement & I set off the alarm. Unless the alarm wakes up more AI's everybody should be asleep, I'll just turn down the sound...

If I remember correctly you just have to go down into the basement of the church (on the asteroid)... where all those gems are.

Wait, where is the spaceship again? Haven't been back to that place for about 4 hrs...ahh, the 15 key vault...when I returned the alarm had been reset Nice & quiet up there now...

Mission complete at 7:41:01 LOL, but missing about 10,000 in loot.
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 17th Jan 2013 at 13:33. Reason: found it :)

Master Builder 2018
    It's in the basement vault where you used those 15 keys you found. And in the cathedral, near the altar there is door under the stairs that goes down to the mines. That's where you need to go to complete that objective.

that asteroid was an unexpected surprise...
    but the whole thing looks like a nice re-hash of Lord Bafford from Thief Gold and "eavesdropping" from T2.. well done, taffer..

I think I might have broken the game. I found some of the hiding places before I knew what to do. all of the notes I have lead me to places I have already been to. I am missing 8,11,14. I see a door in the wall in the passage to the throne room but cannot see the switch.
    Last edited by nickie; 19th Jan 2013 at 14:00. Reason: Spoiler cover added

You'll find that one if you carry on down the passage till you get to the beams, go left and jump down onto the slabs, and it'll be under the beam.

Thanks much

Breakage for blackjackers?

Folks,

I'm wondering if I found another way to make the mission unwinnable.

My gameplay style is to blackjack all who are in my way, and then go search for loot and secrets. I call it the "everyone wakes up with a headache tonight" style. So, I managed to blackjack everyone in Bafford's including the five guards in the locked room in the basement. For Bafford himself, I gassed him so he could not throw the "fetch guards" frobbable pull-cord next to him.

The Youtube video (#3) shows Garrett flips the switch opening the little storage chamber in Bafford's bedroom, Garrett hides in the shadows, a guard walks into the room and drops off the Book of Secrets, Garrett deals with the guard and gets the Book of Secrets. Question: Because I blackjacked everyone, no one enters the room when I pull the pull-cord, and the Book of Secrets is not in the little niche when I open it with the switch. Am I now unable to get the Book of Secrets without replaying the mission and not blackjacking all the guards until AFTER I've gotten the Book of Secrets?

- prjames

Master Builder 2018
    It shouldn't matter that you have blackjacked everyone. The guard that runs into the room does not drop off the book. The book should be there from the beginning; you should see it as soon as you use the lever and open the safe. If the book is not there, then something is very wrong. Perhaps you will need to start over. Or, you can send me a save from just before going into Bafford's bedroom and I'll see if the book is there on my system.

It shouldn't matter that you have blackjacked everyone. The guard that runs into the room does not drop off the book. The book should be there from the beginning; you should see it as soon as you use the lever and open the safe. If the book is not there, then something is very wrong. Perhaps you will need to start over. Or, you can send me a save from just before going into Bafford's bedroom and I'll see if the book is there on my system.
    Fortunately, I do have saves from just before and after I blackjacked Bafford, and when I open the safe, the book is there. My next save is after I've found all 15 counting rooms, and when I go back to Bafford's bedroom and open the safe, the book is gone. I wonder if it's something relating to finding all 15 counting rooms before opening the safe...

- prjames

Update: I've played with it some more, restoring to the point just after I blackjack Bafford, then finding all the other counting rooms one at a time, and testing to see if the Book of Secrets is still there, and this time, after finding all 15 counting rooms and going back to Bafford's bedroom, the Book of Secrets is there. Therefore, the problem is unreproducible.

- prjames (Yes, I used to be a software tester and still do it from time to time. )
    Last edited by prjames; 20th Jan 2013 at 00:52.

Master Builder 2018
    It's possible, I suppose. I'm trying to remember if I did that during testing. I'm pretty sure I did (because trying the objectives in every possible order is standard procedure for beta testing) but I won't swear to it. Maybe one of the other testers will remember.

It is no blackjack. Try pressing your "next weapon" key.
    Explains why I was having trouble, I don't even have prev/next weapon bound. Since there appears to be no blackjack, would it have been that big a deal to map it in?

-- edit -- nevermind, found the weapons shop. Figures I circled the entire way around the other direction FIRST.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 22nd Jan 2013 at 09:41.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow View Post
    Explains why I was having trouble, I don't even have prev/next weapon bound. Since there appears to be no blackjack, would it have been that big a deal to map it in?
    You can find a blackjack really soon. The pipe is only a "temporarily solution" for your jailbreak.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Thanks everyone for your kind words !

Quote Originally Posted by uhai View Post
    I think I might have broken the game. I found some of the hiding places before I knew what to do. all of the notes I have lead me to places I have already been to. I am missing 8,11,14. I see a door in the wall in the passage to the throne room but cannot see the switch.
    The order in which you find the counting rooms is insignificant. There should be no control over whether a secret should be discovered. You didn't break anything. You still are required to find all 15 secret counting rooms and the book of secrets to win the mission.

You cannot break this mission ! It was designed as a thiefy stealth game,and of course you can play it however you choose, but you cannot break it. What would be the point in trying ? 11 beta testers couldn't ! If some genius out there discovers a way, besure and sign up at Shalebridge Cradle beta testing forums as a top notch beta tester.

Just from observations !
    What is the point to knock out the star of the show "Lord Bafford" ? As soon as he wakes up, he will still meet his obligations.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 23rd Jan 2013 at 15:19.

It's great to still see you around here Rod.
    I hope you don't leave us

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    It's great to still see you around here Rod.
    I hope you don't leave us

Hi Gloria, thankyou, I will be until I can't see the screen.

Great FM! Got one problem - I am apparently the only one that hasn't found the triangle lockpick. Where is it? I can't open a chest at the cathedral and in the video I saw that the guy used the triangle lockpick which I don't have

Master Builder 2018
    Inky: It's in the wall safe at the jail where you start the mission.

It's great to see you here, Rod!!

Inky: It's in the wall safe at the jail where you start the mission.

It's great to see you here, Rod!!
    Actually I thought something like that. Damn - all the way back then....

darthsLair,

Thank you for this great mission.
    Nice revisit.

Was a rock solid FM that worked good, I have to confess though and say I neglected to make sure if I had NVScript V.1.2.3. included or not before start playing, I just downloaded and went on to play this and to my surprise, I had no anomylus behavious or anything of detrimental impact, Lord Bafford's Secret just worked like a charm thoroughly with missions ticking on and off in spots as intended, what constitutes the need of NVScript V.1.2.3. ?

Well on other hand I could have just had the script included without really knowing, but I installed the game/ darkloader and patched game to 1.19 manually so as that I did not use any tafferpatcher, which I know includes necessary scripts, I'm now just being curios.

I had my mind blown away at the secrets I found, it truly felt like a privilege to get to play this fan mission in particular considering it was what got me started, it was in my opinion masterfully reworked with tons of new stuff integrated to an original mission.

whow, that was one hell of a ride, well done, very entertaining.

great to visit those old familiar places again
    and what a suprise once you entered the vault....

thank you for a wonderfull mission!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast