TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New T2 fm-"Lord Bafford's Secret"-New Dark-Jan/6th/2013

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

New T2 fm-"Lord Bafford's Secret"-New Dark-Jan/6th/2013

Here is my 16th fm, and my last, sorry to say. I'll be back in a moment.

Made using New Dark:http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140085

Use NVScript V.1.2.3. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...light=NVScript

http://thiefmissions.com/m/LordBaffordsSecret
    Thankyou Jason !

This is an English/German edition thanks to Zappen, and his beta testing through email.

Special Thanks to beta testers : Nickie, Tannar, dbrilliant, itllrun10s, Brethren, Ravenhook, Undead Gamer, Zappen

Special Thanks to Nickie for editing the readables.

Special Thanks to Rufus for her fine voice acting as "Lord Bafford's Servant" (Mechanist Gift)

Special Thanks to Shalebridge Cradle, Tannar, and Dussander.

Special Thanks to TTLG, Thiefmissions.com, and SouthQuarter, and to all the model makers, and engineers, scripters, and voice actors.

Special Thanks to Clearing for being gracious and steadfast in his love for Thief series, and his great site Dark Fate.

Special Thanks to all of the hosting thief sites around the globe.

Special Thanks to the mysterious scripter(s) of New Dark, as without it, this more than likely would not have been ever released.

Special Thanks to every Taffer in the Thief Galaxy for keeping this Steam Punk Game alive and well, along with all of the great Authors whom I owe much for learning from them.

Story::Lord Bafford inherits a gift-a mechanist servant. A few months later, the town is stirred with rumors of Lord Bafford's extreme wealth, and more importantly, Where did he get it?
    A violent gang of thieves and thugs abducted Lord Bafford's Servant, and girlfriend with extortion in mind. They will stop at nothing to extort Bafford's secret to wealth. Lord Bafford has beefed up security, as he plans on keeping his tremendous fortune. Maybe his throne room will be of actual use to him someday? His eventual plan is to buy the city, and then the surrounding territories. With wealth comes problems, and of course corruption. With great wealth comes the burden of keeping it. I have no problem with helping him to lose it.

A city watchman caught me pinching a key, and I was thrown in jail. No problem, I will just escape and find out what secrets Lord Bafford is keeping. Sometimes rumors can be valuable.

Lord Bafford usually keeps journals, and probably has a book of secrets somewhere. Hopefully I can find it before the local thieves do. Maybe in his bedroom, or perhaps in one of his many counting rooms? Time to get going, as even rich men like Lord Bafford can lose all that he holds dear to him in just one night.

The Idea behind the Story:: This being based on the first mission in the Dark Project, was also my first love. At the end of all things since "Return to Bafford Manor" TG, I close my fm hobby.

As soon as I can say, I am blind, but can see, I will return to this hobby someday, or maybe not. Long Live Thief! My plan just a few months ago was to revise all 16 of my fms using New Dark, but the dream has been lost. I sincerely thank everyone in TTLG, and Shalebridge Cradle, and Thiefmissions, and Brethren at SouthQuarter for their devotion to a game I have loved for years. Now you see me, now you don't would have made a great story, but the later has come. Goodbye everyone !

Here are some spoiler videos to use as walkthroughs if you get stuck.
    Videos were made by Charlie Nagel.

1.Garrett escapes jail, reads the police log finding a quest: Notorious thieves living in the Baron's old mansion are keeping Lord Bafford's Servant walled up in a tomb with no food or water. She is starving so Garrett proceeds to rescue her. He just arrives at the Mansion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc8t11Kq7UM

2.Garrett Rescues Lord Bafford's Servant, then proceeds to learn of Lord Bafford's Secrets. Hopefully he can obtain the Book of Secrets Lord Bafford holds before the thieves get to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvieGpcL57A

3.Garrett obtains Lord Bafford's Book of Secrets, and finds some of his Secret Counting Rooms on the way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPObSm9KB7s

4.Garrett finds all 15 of Lord Bafford's Counting Rooms, and uses the keys to open Lord Bafford's Vault in the Vault Room. Garrett then proceeds to take a little trip.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2QWXpzZHDw

5.Garrett arrives at the Mechanist Sect's Asteroid where they have set up a deadly particle beam known as the Purple People Eater. The beam is on Lord Bafford, and his Bankers. Their goal is to control the humans on earth to eventually destroy them, then after, every planet in the galaxy. The beams have power to control will, greed, and the eco system which will eventually destroy the food source and water source on the planet earth. Garrett discovers Lord Bafford's Secret to his enormous wealth, along with the plot to force Lord Bafford to fall. The Mechanist gift, as servant turned out to be just a door opener to control Lord Bafford, then the World. Meantime Lord Bafford still holds a lot of loot in the Swiss bank accounts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejtUJ7TBJx0

6.Garrett destroys the Purple People Eater particle beams, and temporarily disrupts the Mechanist Sect's plan to destroy Lord Bafford, the Banking system, and the fall of Planet Earth. Garrett leaves the city with mission accomplished, and now is able to pay his rent for a while longer. Garrett once again has proven to be a hero, and has saved the world from doom. The fate of Lord Bafford remains a mystery.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8xq4FcqTJw
    Last edited by darthsLair; 8th Jan 2013 at 03:15.

Clearinghouse
    Wow! Thank you, darthsLair Downloading now.

Congratulations, Rod! Thank you for this fabulous mission and for all the wonderful missions and numerous hours of enjoyment you've given us over the years! This community wouldn't be that same without you. You're one of our pillars.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Thanks Clearing, and Thanks Mike. Thankyou for your kind words.

Thank you for all your hard work! I've been playing all your FM with pleasure!

bikerdude
    Thanks for Fm DL, I hope the op fixes your eyes and your back playing with us again :-)

This mission was an absolute pleasure to test, I wish you every success Rod and hope you will be back as soon as sight permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Congratulations, Rod! Thank you for this fabulous mission and for all the wonderful missions and numerous hours of enjoyment you've given us over the years! This community wouldn't be that same without you. You're one of our pillars.
    I can't say it better than this.

Awesome! Grab grab grab it

I can only repeat what Tannar said. You've given us so many really nice missions and you will be missed.

Good Luck with the op, and Thank you. Your hard work is deeply appreciated.

THANK YOU...what a fantastic trail you have left.....lets hope all goes well and you can find your way back again...Good luck Rod!

This mission really feels nostalgic. The first thing I tried was to find the water arrows in the wall hollow - mechanically...
    Thank you very much for this nice mission.

Currently I am only confused by Melissa and Masalsia - but so far I haven't seen everything, maybe I will solve it soon.

So I found a blonde woman in the mansion of the thieves, knocked her out and brought her to the Hammerite outpost where I laid her on the bed just as the mission goal says, but the goal didn't check off.

Can it be I got the wrong woman?

The best for your eyes!

I wish that and we have to say:
    Thanks for this kind of adventures and amusements.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    So I found a blonde woman in the mansion of the thieves, knocked her out and brought her to the Hammerite outpost where I laid her on the bed just as the mission goal says, but the goal didn't check off.

Can it be I got the wrong woman?
    Yes. You're looking for a Mechanist servant and you'll have to look fairly carefully to find her.

Congratulations on another release! Sorry to hear it your last (hopefully just for now)
    The thieves' hideout looks familiar - though I believe it was haunted last time I visited. Is there a use for the key hidden in the bathroom fan or is that a relic of a previous mission?
    Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    So I found a blonde woman in the mansion of the thieves
    That was kind of weird - I felt like there was a missing conversation when the golden-gloved man came to see her, but she wasn't locked in or anything...

help please:
    I've almost finished up outside Bafford's and finally found the armorer's There are a couple second-story windows just West that look promising, has anyone found a way into either of them?
    Counting Room #9 sounds like it is down near the basement entrance, but I can't find anything down there. Am I in the right place?
    Where is the key to the vault antechamber?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 7th Jan 2013 at 19:28. Reason: in Bafford's now

Man this year is shaping up very quickly!! I am playing the new one that Notesthes just released and now THIS!!

Thanks darthsLair.

I just finished on Expert @ 2hrs 25 minutes. Thanks for some very enjoyable missions darthslair. I had much fun with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I can't say it better than this.
    I thirdly. Ditto....

This was quite a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    Congratulations on another release! Sorry to hear it your last (hopefully just for now)
    The thieves' hideout looks familiar - though I believe it was haunted last time I visited. Is there a use for the key hidden in the bathroom fan or is that a relic of a previous mission?

That was kind of weird - I felt like there was a missing conversation when the golden-gloved man came to see her, but she wasn't locked in or anything...

help please:
    I've almost finished up outside Bafford's and finally found the armorer's There are a couple second-story windows just West that look promising, has anyone found a way into either of them?
    Counting Room #9 sounds like it is down near the basement entrance, but I can't find anything down there. Am I in the right place?
    Where is the key to the vault antechamber?
    Have you been in the sewer area just at the bottom of the basement near the entrance?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Congratulations, Rod! I can't wait to play it, but am hoping and praying that your vision returns with all due haste. Thanks for all you've done for this community!

Finished downloading, will give it a try soon as my own time permits me, Bafford oh gosh brings me the fond memories of playing Thief the very first time, cannot wait to see what this has to offer.

How do I know before hand if I have the required scripts, what folder to look for?
    I installed my setup long ago and cannot remember if I had them added.

Congratulations on the the release, Rod! Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of the testing team. I've enjoyed each and every FM you've made and I sincerely thank you so much for your passion, enthusiasm and talent. As I've told you before, you're in my prayers and I know that your eyes will get better. Just because you won't be making missions for awhile, please don't be a stranger on the forums, if at all possible.

Take care, my friend.

Thomas

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast