TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Abandoned Castle - NewDark [19 Jan 2013]

So any clues as to why using the scouting orb makes the game crash? Just as the orb is about to display is when the game crashes. I updated all the scripts and i am running the new dark version.

Congratulations on your first release, Betlzer! You had me going for a while wondering how to get into the castle - no weapons, no tools, and no entrance in evidence. Then, "Huh? Is that tree frobbable???" Yep, and it opened a secret entrance - quite clever!

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    So any clues as to why using the scouting orb makes the game crash? Just as the orb is about to display is when the game crashes. I updated all the scripts and i am running the new dark version.
    I've no idea I'm afraid but I can pm the numbers you want if you'd like.

I thank you all for the credits, i glad you all liked it

Finished. Wonderful mission! Beltzer, keep it up!

I agree, great mission!

To get all the loot, make sure you search everywhere before you take the plunge to return to normality, or you won't meet the objective!

For those uncertain about the maths, here is confirmation of the procedure, using a fictitious example. First, do all the simple additions and subtractions on the same side of the equation as the x, but omitting the x. Thus 3+11+6-15-x=2 resolves itself into 5-x=2. Then you can clearly see that x=3. Write that down that value of x, noting the colour of the scroll to which it relates. Repeat for the other scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    To get all the loot, make sure you search everywhere before you take the plunge to return to normality, or you won't meet the objective!
    Well, you can go back if you missed something. You can read the book again and again and again... (That is what I have done the first time.)

is there a mirror yet? im only getting 63k from mediafire on this one

Quote Originally Posted by ValmontPhl View Post
    is there a mirror yet? im only getting 63k from mediafire on this one
    Not yet but i have asked Brethren & epithumia

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    indeed, danke!

Still short 14 loot... I have been everywhere, back and forth between dimensions many time, frobbed every dead body, tried to take glowing eyes, searched behind boxes...etc, no luck. Is there more than 3700 loot or is that the max? Whatever I am missing has got to be extremely obscurely hidden. I was a bit miffed that there were no coins the in the fountain out front I thought that may have saved me, but no luck there either.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    Still short 14 loot... I have been everywhere, back and forth between dimensions many time, frobbed every dead body, tried to take glowing eyes, searched behind boxes...etc, no luck. Is there more than 3700 loot or is that the max? Whatever I am missing has got to be extremely obscurely hidden. I was a bit miffed that there were no coins the in the fountain out front I thought that may have saved me, but no luck there either.
    Max loot on Expert is 3811. Did you see the hint earlier some earrings in the wardrobe at the back of the stage and some highfloating loot in one of the bathrooms

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Max loot on Expert is 3811. Did you see the hint earlier some earrings in the wardrobe at the back of the stage and some highfloating loot in one of the bathrooms
    Well I thought I had the earrings, but I really did not. I had frobbed all around there and never got a hit until now. Maxed at 3811. Now I can move on. Atleast this trek gave me some time to study the paintings more
    Last edited by bjack; 20th Jan 2013 at 14:11.

You edited just before i wrote

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I've no idea I'm afraid but I can pm the numbers you want if you'd like.
    Yea considering i cant get that last clue. I'm playing on normal btw. Either the clue for that note or the code would be nice.

I'm sending what you would have seen had the orb not crashed.

Thank you so much for this gem of a mission! It just about ticked off everything I usually love in a mission, and I was able to finish it on expert with minimal help from this thread. I mostly needed help with a couple of well-hidden keys and the last few bits of loot.
    I especially liked the gorgeous textures and the architecture, everything looked so fantastic! Bravissimo

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    Thank you so much for this gem of a mission! It just about ticked off everything I usually love in a mission, and I was able to finish it on expert with minimal help from this thread. I mostly needed help with a couple of well-hidden keys and the last few bits of loot.
    I especially liked the gorgeous textures and the architecture, everything looked so fantastic! Bravissimo
    It is really fun to read something like this, thank you
    My motivation is on top. I started the new mission today

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    It is really fun to read something like this, thank you
    My motivation is on top. I started the new mission today
    Well considering the quality of your first one, I think your next one will be pretty cool.

As for overall play, it was a bit different to have rooms with not much or any loot - large areas of pretty much nothing, but then it seems they were there for atmosphere alone. That is what I kept telling myself when I would search all over the palce and find nothing. Stop... look around... then appreciate Beltzer's attention to details... trying to make this realistic instead of just another game. Then again, I had to suspend reality a bit considering this abandoned place has full electricity. I guess the weirdo little chick is still paying to bills Thanks for the mission. This has been a pretty productive last couple of months. Lot's of new stuff and they are all fun.

nice job and very fun good looking mission. Sophia was perfectly inappropriate, i lol'd esp when she said not to go upstairs - neither evil or a child (ha ha). so kudos on not using the stock "nobody knows" crap.

btw i was able to pick her up as a corpse on my side of the glass, drop her and "kill" her in the bedroom, mission survived.
    also, i pictured the look on gloria's face when i found dewdrop nailed to a wall with a dagger.

and 2 last things, the chain stairway was great but pushed my gpu, had to avoid it on screen.
    and i had to replace insidecas.wav b/c i personally found it irritating but it was not part of "ambiance", my point is just that. the amb wasn't set as such (dunno how dromed works)
    thanks again for a replayable mission

Well considering the quality of your first one, I think your next one will be pretty cool.
    -------
    Then again, I had to suspend reality a bit considering this abandoned place has full electricity.
    unless there are 2 beltzers, this is not his first, 5th i think
    -------
    i thought the same thing when i saw the clean functional fountain

Thanks bjack. ValmontPhl is right, its not my first FM

Quote Originally Posted by ValmontPhl View Post
    btw i was able to pick her up as a corpse on my side of the glass, drop her and "kill" her in the bedroom, mission survived.
    thats a big BUG. Leave her alone there, you shall kill her later

Your numberslook wrongto me, unless each game has a different set of solutions. I have sent you a PM of what worked for me. Also, you need to find another scroll that givesyou a clue 1 blue, 2 yesllow, 4 black, 4 red that gives you the order of the numbers. Good luck.
    I didn't get you PM yet, but I do have the note about the colours.

Right now I'd just like the right code, since I spoled my last two scouting orbs, which got in the wrong place in the room with the numbers on the wall. Even with binoculars I can't read what's written on that wall.
    The first time it worked and it wrote down the number 12, but I didn't know yet that I was looking for the X.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast