TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Abandoned Castle - NewDark [19 Jan 2013]

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I didn't get you PM yet, but I do have the note about the colours.

Right now I'd just like the right code, since I spoled my last two scouting orbs, which got in the wrong place in the room with the numbers on the wall. Even with binoculars I can't read what's written on that wall.
    The first time it worked and it wrote down the number 12, but I didn't know yet that I was looking for the X.

Gloria

I saw one of the digits wrong first time, the orb was too far away. It is 8+x-5-1+6=12

Thamks Marbien, that was my problem too.
    Now for the colours: I suppose the colour on the papyrus is the right one?
    What's about the yellow one?
    Is that the one written on the wall?
    I've now got the numbers 5 4 4 9.
    I just don't get it right.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thamks Marbien, that was my problem too.
    Now for the colours: I suppose the colour on the papyrus is the right one?
    What's about the yellow one?
    Is that the one written on the wall?
    I've now got the numbers 5 4 4 9.
    I just don't get it right.

Yes, the yellow one is the wall-scribbling.
    Looks almost perfect. But the third digit needs some correction (black scroll)

Many thanks Gnartsch, I can now move on.

Another question though: Is the magic sword in the real life dimension or in the dark one?

Edit: I can answer that myself: There are no guestrooms in the RL dimension, so ...... where can I find it in de dark one?
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 20th Jan 2013 at 20:13.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Many thanks Gnartsch, I can now move on.

Another question though: Is the magic sword in the real life dimension or in the dark one?

Edit: I can answer that myself: There are no guestrooms in the RL dimension, so ...... where can I find it in de dark one?

It is under one of the beds

I got a chess part from the maze. Now what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    I got a chess part from the maze. Now what to do?
    Not sure how far you have got...but next,go back up the tunnels to the chapel again,thenfind all the scrolls ...use the code ...and open the safe at the top of the chain stairs

I placed the candle on the pedestal in the chapel, but nothing (that I can see) happened - where should I go look?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I placed the candle on the pedestal in the chapel, but nothing (that I can see) happened - where should I go look?
    I'm wondering the same thing. I've been all over the castle several times and can't find any "door to the darkness" or maze playing on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I've been all over the castle several times and can't find any "door to the darkness" or maze playing on normal.
    It is in the chapel where you used the candle - a small pedestal moved revealing a gray passage down.

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    It is in the chapel where you used the candle - a small pedestal moved revealing a gray passage down.
    - prjames
    Ah, thank you - even with the hint it took me a minute to realize the black thing in the shadows was in a slightly different place; I would call it a large sculpture, not a small pedestal.

thank you for the mission, Beltzer!

Thanks Beltzer, great work. Nice design and sound ambience, just in cardia1 style. And that trick with the haunt switching light on reminded me Zontik puzzles.

d. 2014
    i have been in the maze,how do i get back, i cant make the jumps in the tunnels,is there another way back

No there isn't another way. If you go through the left hand hole as you're looking at them, you'll get a slope with only one or maybe two jumps. Try going right up to the wall and taking one step backwards before mantling.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    i have been in the maze,how do i get back, i cant make the jumps in the tunnels,is there another way back
    also i cant sort the code out,what is it,,please help

I've sent a pm, hawk.

Thanks Winter Cat, it is not bad to be compared with cardia1 and Zontik, even just a little bit.

Finished on expert, but i missed 100 of loot.

should have known this mission was booby-trapped....
    undead everywhere after reading a book...sheesh..

I'm stuck in the beginning...

I found the basement & a locked door down there, but I can't get no further

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I found the basement & a locked door down there, but I can't get no further
    Check ontop of the fuse-box near the locked door.

Nice mission Beltzer. Good puzzles, looks great, good attention to detail and some really beautiful custom objects.

I've never enjoyed missions on a huge scale: miles of corridors and cavernously large rooms. You end up spending half the game time just traversing from point A to point B. Examples of small, claustrophobic yet effective missions are Rocksbourg I, Conspiracies in the Dark, Rodamil.

Just my opinion. Creative use of architecture in a limited space is the key to creating memorable missions.

I have the magic sword, the 2 objects, found the main office and the note about the code, have a red and a blue banded papyrus/scroll, 4 keys, and 3.042 in loot (need 3700). Trolling for hints here and learned I need to have a scouting orb in order to collect one of the scrolls?

1. Where do I find a scouting orb?

2. How do I get into the wooden door on the uppermost floor?

3. What am I supposed to do with the 2 chess pieces?

4. How do I get past the 2 haunts guarding the doors on the same level as the vault office? Is direct confrontation with both at the same time the only method open to me? I tried the flash bombs, but they didn't seem to even blind them.

1. In the child's room which you'll get to after 4.
    2. There's a key in the master bedroom, again reached after 4.
    3. You'll know when you've got 2.
    4. Have a good look round the fireplaces in the sitting room which is the room on the right before the 2 haunts.

Hello Nickie - helping me again, I see. Thank you!

I engaged the 2 haunts in battle, and I won! That NEVER happens - my combat skills are so awful. Once into the child's room, you don't really need that key.

An odd moment in the child's room:
    Another version of the evil child appeared at a window between rooms, I walked up to her, and she was FROBBABLE through the window! So I frobbed her, and the corpse icon appeared. I carried her into the hallway and set her down, then hit her with my sword and she went SPLAT!

I guess the master bedroom needs more exploring - maybe I need to turn on the light? - as after getting 2, #3 was still not apparent.

Found a secret passage going into the room with the 2 fireplaces, but I don't know why one is needed there as I don't see anything threatening around the area. Am I playing backwards?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast