TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Abandoned Castle - NewDark [19 Jan 2013]

The key you need is for the attic. Look round the bed area.

The secret passage lets you visit all three rooms up the far end without needing to fight the haunts. I preferred to use the passage to go all the way round and open the door behind the haunts and drop some flashbombs.

*sigh* at that point in the game where I'm running in circles trying to find things to complete the objectives. Sometimes I think I must be so thick!

1. Need a a hint to find one more scroll. (have red & blue,and the one with the order of colors. Which one am I missing?

2. Need 400+ loot.

3. Need a key to open the wooden door in the storage attic of the tower. (None of the 5 keys I have work). Maybe there is more loot in there?

4. Need to find the "thing" and kill it - maybe she's also behind the wooden door?

Guess I'll take a break and go make lasagna. My thanks to Nickie for helping so far.

A note to the Beltzer: That floating staircase is fantastic - really creepy looking, especially with all the strange fruit hanging around.

[QUOTE=nickie;2163859] The key you need is for the attic. Look round the bed area.

LOL - we were writing at the same time, I guess. I'll go get the lasagna started, and then do as you suggest. What would I do without you? Seems like you are one of the folks who so often come to my rescue in these posts.

Doh! Found it where you said - in a place I searched for switches earlier - how the heck did I miss that big key??? Mercy!
    Last edited by redleaf; 24th Jan 2013 at 06:25. Reason: recent events

You're very welcome. I tested this so I still remember things. I'm not 100% sure even now though where the first scroll came from. I thinkyou get one when you read the book in the chapel, there's one in the study which has the owner floor key on the desk just past the safe, there's one in a wine rack on the way to the attic and then there is the one to read on the wall in the room where you need to throw the orb.

You also need 2 chess pieces, one in the maze under the chapel and one in the safe which will get you to where you can kill the child when you've got the magic sword.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I'm not 100% sure even now though where the first scroll came from. I thinkyou get one when you read the book in the chapel, there's one in the study which has the owner floor key on the desk just past the safe, there's one in a wine rack on the way to the attic and then there is the one to read on the wall in the room where you need to throw the orb.
    One thing to correct. The first scroll is in the music room, not in the chapel.

Of course it is! I've got a memory like a sieve - I can't even remember to write things down. Thanks.

It seems like I must have missed the one in the study. I'm pretty sure I got the ones from the other places as they all sound familiar. I got more loot from a jewelry box after finding the key, but still short. Is there a loot list for this fm? I suppose I could open it up in DromEd, but might be better to leave off for a bit and come back to it at another time. I hate DromEd-breaking a mission.
    Last edited by redleaf; 25th Jan 2013 at 09:03. Reason: had to blank out spoilers

Loving this one...but stuck.

I have the chesspiece from the maze, two scrolls
    I've been to all guest rooms, music room and attic.
    No keys yet for second attic door, double doors at tower base and double doors halfway up stairs.

Can't find the living room or study.
    What now ?

Have you used the dumbwaiter in the kitchen?

Thanks Nickie - I had used it, but never thought before to turn the light off!

And if you keep turning it on and off, he'll get closer and closer to the wall so you can easily wack him on the back of the head when you get upstairs - if you want. Or if you're ghosting, it moves him far enough over so he doesn't spot you in the hallway.

Managed to kill him from inside the waiter!

Finished - with max loot for a change.
    Fun mission with great creepy atmosphere - I shall definitely put this on my 'play again' list.

How devious!

Very good mission, grand mast FM maker Lord Beltzer. Wondrous haunts again and a scottish evil girl. How devlish.

Not sure that she's Scottish dbrilliant..............

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    Very good mission, grand mast FM maker Lord Beltzer. Wondrous haunts again and a scottish evil girl. How devlish.

Maybe Swedish?

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    Maybe Swedish?
    Yes, maybe

Code

I cant sort the code out,what is it, please help me

Quote Originally Posted by reka1 View Post
    I cant sort the code out,what is it, please help me
    Did you find all those equations with the x in it? Solve them for x (each), then you have four numbers. (This means if you have something like 8+4-x+5=9, then x=8+4-9+5.) Did you also find the scroll with the colours? Use it for the order of the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Notesthes View Post
    Did you find all those equations with the x in it? Solve them for x (each), then you have four numbers. (This means if you have something like 8+4-x+5=9, then x=8+4-9+5.) Did you also find the scroll with the colours? Use it for the order of the numbers.
    Tank You!

I need help. So far I could find only one red and one blue scroll, and the magic sword.
    We talk about a room with 2 fireplaces, but I can not find any room like that, nor I can find a scouting orb.
    I took the elevator to the kitchen but upstairs I find the gate closed, help me please.

Go up in the dumbwaiter, turn the light off and have a close look at the haunt who comes to turn it off. Everything else should follow from that.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Go up in the dumbwaiter, turn the light off and have a close look at the haunt who comes to turn it off. Everything else should follow from that.
    nickie, thanks very much!

p.s. I found the chess piece in the safe but I can not find the other piece.
    I have read in previous posts that is located in a maze.
    my question is: what 'the way to the maze?
    Last edited by bluclint; 28th Jan 2013 at 15:22.

blucint: You need to find a candle and give it to the dragon hand in the chapel

Well, im happy with my score. 3236 loot found.
    Last edited by Umicel; 28th Jan 2013 at 15:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Umicel View Post
    blucint: You need to find a candle and give it to the dragon hand in the chapel

Well, im happy with my score. 3236 loot found.
    candle? and where do I find this candle, I have not seen any around candle.

P.S. Umicel, my nick is bluclint and not blucint
    clint as the one and only CLINT EASTWOOD

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast