TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Abandoned Castle - NewDark [19 Jan 2013]

The candle isn't obvious. But you'll find it around the area outside the stairs to the attic.

I have all objectives done on expert except loot.

I need to find a key for the chest with the painting of dancers on it located across from the evil child's room.

Some of the other loot is obviously in the less scary world, but I still do not think I would have enough. I have already got some of the less obvious loot like the ring on the corpse and behind the actors dressing curtain. Is there any in the attic?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    I have all objectives done on expert except loot.
    You can switch between both worlds as you please. Just frob the book in the chapel in order to return.
    And no, my notes do not mention the attic with respect to loot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    I need to find a key for the chest with the painting of dancers on it located across from the evil child's room.
    It's not far away. Look on top of the furniture, particularly mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I've sent a pm, hawk.
    Nickie, could you do the same for me please? Thanks!

Fun mission, Beltzer, a nice looking castle and some cool puzzles. My only complaint was with the dead candle, which had me searching high and low for an unlit candle. I finally had to cheat and check some hints here for the answer. And not a big deal, but the girl didn't really sound like a girl at all, she sounded like an older woman, which was a bit jarring. Maybe that's how it was supposed to be? Either way, thanks for the misison, looking forward to your future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Nickie, could you do the same for me please? Thanks!
    And done.

Thanks Brethren. My wife tried voice acting, tried to edit the sounds so they should sound like a little girl, but the result was not good. I working on the next one

Beltzer,

Thank you for this really amazing mission.
    Impressive textures and very evocative.
    I have only one negative thing to mention:
    The music when you get inside the castle. It's really nice when it starts, but because it is a very short piece, it quickly becomes nerve-wracking, when it starts over and over.
    But it's a detail.

Strange, garrettloader or thief 2 fan mission selector doesn´t read this mission, what´s wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Strange, garrettloader or thief 2 fan mission selector doesn´t read this mission, what´s wrong?
    I tried opening it with FM selector and it crashes too.

I have no idea, i never use those.
    Maybe someone else could answer that?
    If there is something wrong with the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    I have no idea, i never use those.
    Maybe someone else could answer that?
    If there is something wrong with the files.
    Before you release a mission you should test it with Garrettloader, darkloader and fan mission selector, i reckon this mission is only readable via darkloader, guess i´ll have to install Darkloader.

I'll do that in the future!
    But hopefully someone could give me a hint
    on what could be wrong. I'll see if i can fix it
    and other bugs and upload a 1.1 version.
    But i have to get rid of the flu first, i cant think
    clear as of now.

I'll do that in the future!
    But hopefully someone could give me a hint
    on what could be wrong. I'll see if i can fix it
    and other bugs and upload a 1.1 version.
    But i have to get rid of the flu first, i cant think
    clear as of now.
    I think the reason why Garrettloader doesn´t read the mission is maybe because the zip mission has to many files within, does the fam folder includes only the textures that were used in the map? is there any file that is not being need in the zip mission?

Yes, i did not use every texture in the fam folder. I did not use all the files
    in the obj folder either. Not easy to sort out what texture belongs to a certain object.

Yes, i did not use every texture in the fam folder. I did not use all the files
    in the obj folder either. Not easy to sort out what texture belongs to a certain object.

the textures fam folder are easy to sort out, just open the mission with dromed and bring up the textures pallette, there you have the name of the textures files. try this first and then maybe the mission will be readable trhough Garrettloader. i can´t even read this mission with Darkloader, how are players playing this mission? are they unzipping the mission zip file within thief 2 directory?

the textures fam folder are easy to sort out, just open the mission with dromed and bring up the textures pallette, there you have the name of the textures files. try this first and then maybe the mission will be readable trhough Garrettloader. i can´t even read this mission with Darkloader, how are players playing this mission? are they unzipping the mission zip file within thief 2 directory?
    Weird, none of the beta testers had any problems. And of course me neither.

It sounds to me like this discussion is not going well.

First of all: at which point do you see the problem, Cardia ?
    - DarkLoader/GarrettLoader/(whatever other loader) can not identify the mission-ZIP
    - DarkLoader/GarrettLoader can not install the mission
    - or playing the mission after install fails ?

Runs perfectly for me using DarkLoader - and I see no issues with GarrettLoader either.
    Did you try another mirror ? There are a few listed on the first page.
    I am sure you know, but this mission requires the NewDark.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 6th Feb 2013 at 15:30.

Ok. I had another closer look into it.
    Still I do not see why it would not load for someone, but indeed there are a couple of issues that should be corrected.
    Here some rough analysis per loader:

DarkLoader : no issues at all

GarrettLoader : installs fine, but leaves behind a mess on cleanup.
    This is due to a couple of 'hidden' files called 'photothumb.db'.
    With these in place GarrettLoader is not able to remove the effected directories and will leave them behind.
    With other words: players will need to remove them manually in order to clean up properly.
    That should not happen.
    Extract the FM archive and run the following on the command line:

D:\Games\Thief-FM\Thief2\-done-\Beltzer\The Abandoned Castle - NewDark>dir /a:h /s
    This will give you a list of 11 files that are not required and which confuse GarrettLoader.
    Remove all of them (including Thumbs.db)

New FM Sel : complains about not being able to move the mission files after extraction to the right place.
    While this doesn't seem to cause a real issue, this is annoying and confusing for sure.
    At least for me it got the job done despite of the message.
    The problem seems to be that it can not deal with ZIPs that have blanks in the name.
    With the blanks removed it works smooth.

Maybe you could do a cleanup on schemas as well? There seems to be a whole bunch of stuff from the OM (date 2000), which clearly does not need to be included.

Crashes

I think the reason why Garrettloader doesn´t read the mission is maybe because the zip mission has to many files within, does the fam folder includes only the textures that were used in the map? is there any file that is not being need in the zip mission?
    Game crashed on me as well and I use darkloader v4.3 - Anyone else having this issue ( unzips, menu comes up. when game starts it crashes). Would love to play this one.

When i get rid of the damn flu i will look into it.
    I'll try to just add what being used in the fm, too lazy sometimes

thanks

thank you

Blargh. I've been running around for well over a half hour trying to find enough loot to finish, and failing spectacularly. I'm complete except for loot, which is at 3511...which means I'm short for Expert.

I'm probably missing something obvious that I've ran past sixteen times, but I'm completely blind to it and all I know is I need to take a break before I frustrate myself to bits when this mission was too good for me to end it on a sour note. I've gotten some 'non-obvious' pieces (such as the ring on the corpse in the bathroom) and I've looted 3 jewelry boxes, including the super fancy one. I've been back and forth between realms on this loot hunt, but I'm just completely unable to spy up what I'm missing. Does anyone have a loot list for this mission yet?

Thanks, Beltzer- I might have frustrated myself, but I still really liked your mission!

Lootlist

I added a lootlist in the first post.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast