TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission, Nigel's Hidden Treasure, Feb. 10, 2013

bbb you are amazing,this is a great mission

13783/14083 loot found,some how missed 300

Awesome mission, but I'm stuck.

North of the big guard tower (with the archer patrolling on it) there's a door with bars and a lockbox that I can't pick. Where do I find the key?

Azaran: On a hook in the nearby guard lookout post.

Thanks!

Wow, what can a say, a thoroughly entertaining mission! I was kept on my toes from start to finish once I entered the caves! Kudos!

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    hawk: That's the first of many tricky jumps you need to do!

It's a slightly angled running jump across on the east side. You may find it easier if you look down whilst jumping.
    thanks a lot,will do that

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    You can also: Jump from the "bridge" connecting the two upper house levels onto the top of the street lantern and from there to the other side of the canal. All of this without a sound and losing health. Trust me! ;-)
    thankyou

d. 2014
    when you first enter the cavesthere is a secret door up a slope i cant find the switch, also a locked gate

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    when you first enter the cavesthere is a secret door up a slope i cant find the switch, also a locked gate
    If you are, where I think you are, just ignore them, it will all fall into place later.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Go up the stairs NE of the kitchen and explore the walkway around the main body of the church.

Can someone give me a better hint I have walked all the way around the walkway and even on the beams but can not find any way to proceed??

There is a small trapdoor on one side of the walkway where the two Hammer bowmen patrol. It took me some time to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    There is a small trapdoor on one side of the walkway where the two Hammer bowmen patrol. It took me some time to see it.
    Are you talking about the one with all of the loot? If so I did not see anything in there

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Are you talking about the one with all of the loot? If so I did not see anything in there
    Yep, this one. You should find a key inside that will allow you to continue.

OK thanks i already had the key and forgot about the tower

FINISHED

bbb: This is going to be IMHO an instant Classic It has everything I like in a mission

Thank you for a GREAT mission!!

Well, it's done. Liked, good mission!

d. 2014
    a very good mission,done everything exept getting nigels loot,i dont know where his place is,,

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    a very good mission,done everything exept getting nigels loot,i dont know where his place is,,

his place is right before you go into cave there is a house on left use a rope arrow to get access to his house

This mission was great. When I started I thought it was going to be a small mission. It kept growing. An explorers delight. Things fall into place as the player continues in a very natural way. Some jumps were hard but not so hard that a few reloads were good enough get it.

Stuck in the Mines

Need some help! Been across the lava (and back) and down in the lift (and back). I can see (and hear) some burricks so I guess that's my next route? Trouble is how do I get through the blocking stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    Need some help! Been across the lava (and back) and down in the lift (and back). I can see (and hear) some burricks so I guess that's my next route? Trouble is how do I get through the blocking stack?

to get to burrick i take it you by train tracks if so look for a small open at the bottom of an area down the ramp from zombie on left

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    his place is right before you go into cave there is a house on left use a rope arrow to get access to his house
    thanks a lot

Finished

Thanks Downwinder - worked my way back to start - then found Nigel's house.

Never did find the sceptre though. Next time I will look for it (any hints anyone?).

You'll eventually stumble upon the scepter while you explore the caves, it's not particularly hidden.

The tiny city area at the start makes you think it's going to be over in a few minutes, then you enter the caves and it turns huge! For me the essence of Thief is having interesting places to explore, rather than highly complex puzzles, random traps, or forced constraints. Excellent mission! Now I need to go back and find about 3K of loot. Thank you, FM author!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast