TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission, Nigel's Hidden Treasure, Feb. 10, 2013

Very near the start, there is a guard in a small tower. You can mantle onto an area that gives you access to a grill behind him, and from there you can see there is also a lever inside. But I cannot open that grill. Does anyone know how you get in there (on Expert)?

Keep going and you'll find the key to get in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Keep going and you'll find the key to get in there.
    I've done all the objectives, I'm just re-exploring things I missed! Actually, just after posting, I managed to mantle in that tower from the open side. All the lever does is open a gate you can mantle over anyway. But I'm still intrigued to know where the key is!

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    Thanks Downwinder - worked my way back to start - then found Nigel's house.

Never did find the sceptre though. Next time I will look for it (any hints anyone?).

I think that you have only completed the first bit of this FM...it is huge,and I just wanted to check you have seen the Hammerite cathedral?...if you havent then...

When you have opened the upper gate,with the key from the top guard post...where an archer is patrolling...go through that gate and jump over the balcony down into the water,...you have a lot more to do yet to get at the Sceptre!

I must just say that this is an exceptional FM,and I have thoroughly enjoyed it...just when you think you are near the end another area opens up.....
    I loves the fight between the blues and yellows (Craymen) and the red spidy,lol,lol,I didnt have to do a thing

Very well done!!

Heheh, I just killed the chaos spider when it killed several Craybeasts that couldn't hit it.

Marbrien, I think you missed an entire section of the mission or you should have found the key. I never thought to try mantling over that gate during testing! You need to go through to Nigel's house, get the cave door key from inside then go through the first set of caves that is through the metal door near Nigel's. At the very end, there's a room where you'll find the key to the Guard Tower and get a new objective to get inside.

Marbrien, I think you missed an entire section of the mission or you should have found the key. I never thought to try mantling over that gate during testing! You need to go through to Nigel's house, get the cave door key from inside then go through the first set of caves that is through the metal door near Nigel's. At the very end, there's a room where you'll find the key to the Guard Tower and get a new objective to get inside.
    Thanks. I entered opened the small cave door but then entered the caves from the other side, but dropping in the water after all the roof climbing. I thought the two sides of the caves would probably join up - they don't!

BBB, what a fun mission. Thinking I messed up my chances of finding the scepter after going way too far from my objective, I doubled back and it was actually very cool doing that.
    The flow of the mission was great.

Stuck!

OK, Ive made ok this far, but now Im stuck: Im in a cave with two ratmen patrolling and two standing by the fire. Is the only way to proceed a jump across the lava pool? I cant make it, have tried tens of times.

Has anyone found a way to steal the holy hammers on the altar without alerting the Hammers? I couldn't find any moss arrows, and I've been racking my brain for the past half hour on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Timhotep View Post
    OK, Ive made ok this far, but now Im stuck: Im in a cave with two ratmen patrolling and two standing by the fire. Is the only way to proceed a jump across the lava pool? I cant make it, have tried tens of times.
    There should be a spot where you can jump and make it to the other side. If it's the same area I'm thinking of, it took me 3 times (each time almost getting on the ledge), then I took a long enough jump and made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Has anyone found a way to steal the holy hammers on the altar without alerting the Hammers? I couldn't find any moss arrows, and I've been racking my brain for the past half hour on this...
    It's possible, but tricky. You have to use a moss arrow, you can find at least 2 before you reach the cathedral if my memory serves me right. You will need to douse at least one brazier as well, otherwise the priest will see you. The best way to grab these shiny bad boys is to moss the altar from the walkway and simply drop on it. From there very carefully creep-crawl so you can barely grab the farthest hammer with crouch and forward lean. You should be in the dark while you do this, if you get too close to the priest he will go into combat mode immediately. Once you have them, simply mantle back onto the walkway.

Thanks, I'll try and find some moss arrows.

Thanks for this mission, bbb!
    I love to explore vast maps and I had much fun with this one.

I am afraid to say that I played it in an unexpected way, though.
    I made it into the large caves looong before I ever got near Nigels home and did not return there before I had like 11.000 G.
    And I guess I was lucky that the mission allows you to return to the city before having found the vital key.
    Simply speaking: I simply mantled the large gate that leads to the hughe caves, instead of following Nigels trail first.
    Stats: 3:30h with 100% loot

Quote Originally Posted by Timhotep View Post
    Explore a bit and you will find the way up to a lever which extends a bridge across the lava.

Azaran, there are moss arrows in the room across from the one where the man is standing looking at the bookcase. They're on the corner shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Explore a bit and you will find the way up to a lever which extends a bridge across the lava.
    I explored a lot, but didnt find anything like that and finally made by jumping. Do you mean the caves you enter through tower from the Hammer area?

Timhotep: Yes.

Head south out of the room with two ratmen patrolling and two standing by the fire, turn right (SW) then go right again (N) up the ramp and through the room with the beds.

Hi!!!! I too can't find the Hammerites area...I too mandled over the gate you open with the lever later..been to the caves behind the metal door and came back to the objective to open the gate, which I did....been to Nigel's...been all around... are there more caves to find? I am going round and round and round....

nightchild: Go through the gate you've opened, rope arrow up, make a couple of jumps, grab the key from the lookout post, unlock the top gate, dive into the water.

Finished. This was a typical BBB mission with very good gameplay. Nearly every OM covered in some way. Nice work! I had fun.

nightchild: Go through the gate you've opened, rope arrow up, make a couple of jumps, grab the key from the lookout post, unlock the top gate, dive into the water.
    I am still wet....the only thing you can do in the canal is to go up the ladder to the other part of the town with the wooden balcony conecting two buildings with some loot if I recall but any way, have been there also....please remind me how I take screenshots as it is probably the only way to understand what I should do next....

No, not the canal. Check your PMs.

You can take screenshots with PrtScn in TFix, or Alt +F10 in original Thief.exe. (You can change this in the bindings).

You can take screenshots with PrtScn in TFix, or Alt +F10 in original Thief.exe. (You can change this in the bindings).
    thanks again!!!!!

Azaran, there are moss arrows in the room across from the one where the man is standing looking at the bookcase. They're on the corner shelves.
    Thanks!

how stupid!!! (of me)...every time I bumped on that certain gate I always thought it was just a dead end as we see at so many occasions ...never noticed the lock next to it.... this FM has literaly everything and fools you all the time....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast