TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission, Nigel's Hidden Treasure, Feb. 10, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    his place is right before you go into cave there is a house on left use a rope arrow to get access to his house
    I'm also stuck at this position. I've gone through the caves, gotten a secret key and a metal door key and a magic scepter then I exited the caves and returned to where I started and i have the loot Nigel's placeobjective and I still can't find Nigel's place, even with the above hint.

Can someone point me more obviously to Nigel's place?

Thanks!

- prjames

I, too, never thought to mantle that gate while testing the mission, since I have never seen a gate that could be mantled until now. It kind of spoils the sequence to do it that way, but I think that it is possible to exit from the upper cave and then visit Nigel and then the lower cave. I think the best and intended game play is to not mantle the gate and to visit Nigel first.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Can someone point me more obviously to Nigel's place?
    From the start, head for the canal by the direct route and turn left when you find the water. There is a small passage there that leads to a locked gate. Nigel's house is beyond that gate.

There has been an update to the mission that fixes the issues that have cropped up like the gate you can mantle over. It's up at thiefmissions now in place of the original file.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    From the start, head for the canal by the direct route and turn left when you find the water. There is a small passage there that leads to a locked gate. Nigel's house is beyond that gate.
    I've been there before, but I couldn't continue because I didn't find the switch leading to Nigel's bedroom key until now. I'm amused the the goals system didn't give me credit for killing Nigel until I grabbed the caves key but all goals went off properly and I simply needed to return to the starting point to end the mission. I'm also amused that Nigel cannot be awakened while he's sleeping, even by throwing the rubble around loudly outside.

Excellent mission, even if I had to do a little more jumping than I like.

- prjames

Thanks to all for your kind comments. Glad to see players seem to be enjoying the mission. Apologies for that foolish gate that some of you managed to mantle over. Never thought that was possible but players never cease to amaze me in their ability to discover things you never anticipated. I fixed that gate in V2 so hopefully it is no longer an issue.

By the way, I prefer T1 to T2 and it is nice to see there are still players who will play a T1 mission. I am not considering doing my next mission in T2/NewDark.

BBB

d. Dec 2017
    Need some help. Where do I go from here? (Playing this with very dark gamma...another problem of mine.)

I am in the area where I found the key to the metal door; jumped across the lava and opened the metal door to an area with roaming burricks. I jumped to the roof of a shed-like building and then jumped across to the tower and went through the door. Now standing at a lava chasm where I see either a balcony or a ledge on my right that I can't get to. I was able to jump to a ledge across the chasm. nada

When I retrace my route back to the caves, I am unable to jump up to the opening from whence I descended.

I love your adventurous FM's..hear, hear

(Never mind. I finally figured it out. Tricky jumps.)
    Last edited by Dawggon; 1st Mar 2013 at 21:43.

d. Dec 2017
    Playing through the 2nd time and can't remember where I found the lever to open the treasury door's that are just off the kitchen in the Hammer Church. Help please!!

You need to go up onto the walkway above the church, where the archers patrol. There's a little door up there you can pick open.

d. Dec 2017
    Thank you Nightwalker. The first time I played through, I had no problem at all....now,....grrrrrr

I have a stupid question since I haven't been played TGold missions for a long, long time:
    - is there any option in Thief 1 for normal walking(default walking is as slow as creep in T2?).
    - is it possible to run by pressing "w+shift" and not by pressing "shift" alone? I would like to play this fm (I've just finished Three Crowns - great mission, a lot of fun!), but different approach for controls confuse me:/

stuck in the pagan´s fortress (surrounded by water), i see a pagan guarding a treasure room, where can i find the key for this room?

cardia have you been out the window of the room where the guards are sleeping on beds? Check the bedrooms you can access from the ledge VERY carefully and you'll find the key you're looking for.

Thanks Linda, found it

i arrived at the hammerite church...I knocked out all there, what should I do now?

thanks

Look for loot and a way out that allows you to continue. You need to find the Back Tower key.

ok , found a little door , where the archers patrol...

finished

i liked this mission...

Thanks for this mission! This sure was plenty of classic thiefy fun (if a bit linear at times).

I was surprised to find Nigel's treasure almost right away but thanks to the hefty loot objective, I was not fooled into thinking this would be a small mission. And it sure delivered on that part.

I explored the big cave system before the small one. At the end of the latter I found a key (Guard Tower Key) that I never figured out the use for.

Interesting episode: I had pulled the lever that extends that lava bridge, explored the mines and burrick area and collected some treasure but had found no way forward there. So I returned to the lava lake and saw that it might be possible to get across on the lefthand side with the wooden pole and ramp. Fired a rope arrow into the pole and (after half a dozen tries that ended with lava baths) managed to strafe-jump onto the rope. Saved again, and on my second attempt, I mantled up on the larger part of the top of the wooden pole and could make a jump onto the ramp and over to the other side...only to be met with a dead end.
    Then I figured that there must be something more to the mines or the burrick cave and found that crawlspace that leads to the ledge overlooking the Haunt Pond.

Missed 300 loot, exactly like another poster in this thread.

nigels wont load.....

I am having trouble with this one. it crashes when loading in darkloader. What can I do about this. I already reloaded it twice.

Wonderful T1 mission. I'm stuck though. IFrom the Hammerite church I went through the Back Tower into the caves. Crossed the lava and am back in the caves dodging a zombie. I found the guy half buried in rubble and can see a burrick around another pile of rubble. Need a hint please as to how to proceed. Also, haven't yet found the scepter, should I have by now?

Not quite there yet. Get past the burrick.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Not quite there yet. Get past the burrick.
    Thank you. Finally found the crawlspace. Finished this great mission. Very expansive one too.

Does anyone have a loot list for this missions since I just finished it and I am short 425 from having full loot.
    Here are my totals
    Gold:7873
    Gems:800
    Goods:4985
    Total:13658 out of 14085
    I know I am missing a silver nugget in a room off the ramp with the room with the pool and two patrolling bugbeasts.But I have no idea were the rest could be.

Unzip the package - it contains a loot list.

My version didn't have a loot list inside. I just checked I even downloaded another copy off of thiefmissions and still nothing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast