TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

Saturnine
    I've skimmed this thread to avoid spoilers, but it seems I am the ONLY one stuck in the temple!

I have the codex, continued up the ramp in the codex room up to the top where there is a second hammer guard on a stone walkway with a gate at the end, but it's locked.
    how do I get out of the temple area?

Something to do with a secret panel underwater where you first drop in from the waterfall is what I can tell from this thread
    Last edited by Saturnine; 25th Mar 2013 at 09:18.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It depends on what difficulty you're on as to where that key is. Assuming you're on Expert, it should be on Thorn's body where he was killed by the Hammer guard when you first opened the door. Otherwise, it will still be on the guard's belt. It's labeled "Lost Temple Key" I believe.

Saturnine
    Thanks Russ, I thought it must be something obvious I was missing, I'm sure I checked Thorns body though because I even picked him up, I definitely don't have a lost temple key
    I will check it out tonight
    Last edited by nickie; 25th Mar 2013 at 11:03. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Ghost
    Uh-oh -- I seem to have become invisible...

Dafydd

Well you are a ghoster aren't you? I'm sending you a pm.

I just had my coolest easter egg experience ever in Thief - I just give a a very small hint, so all who have experienced it as well know what I mean: Alarus!!!. I just say WOW...!!! Perfect for the Easter holidays

Are there by chance any other easter eggs in the FM we should know of?

If there was, do you think I would say so?

Glad you discovered it, but please post no details about it publicly. What you posted already is fine as it's very obtuse, and actually suggests it's not real.
    The testers actually don't even know of it!

Just got round to playing - really enjoyed the mission and very well done, thanks all involved! Needed help with the 2 temple secrets and just 'squeezed' through for the Codex (hadn't picked up on the door code). Roy Baty's ghost and the crypt was the high point for me - could have won the Halloween contest on that alone maybe.

trudnicki hinted at it earlier but I feel having found St Aldan's shield I need to return there with an item or just probably need to find the right place to use it . Thought it may slay the ghost but no. Run out of ideas - any hints appreciated?

Oh, and I do hope we can help with the beer problem!
    Last edited by nickie; 29th Mar 2013 at 14:16. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    trudnicki hinted at it earlier but I feel having found St Aldan's shield I need to return there with an item or just probably need to find the right place to use it . Thought it may slay the ghost but no. Run out of ideas - any hints appreciated?
    I'm not really sure what you're asking. Trudnicki was talking about using St. Aldan's skull to bash in some doors, just by throwing it at the door. That could as easily be done with your sword. These doors will be fixed in the updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Oh, and I do hope we can help with the beer problem!
    Sadly, no. We left this up to the interpretation of the player. Perhaps there really is a problem with the beer or perhaps the Pagans are responsible so they could use it as a way to get Thorn inside the monastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I'm not really sure what you're asking. Trudnicki was talking about using St. Aldan's skull to bash in some doors, just by throwing it at the door. That could as easily be done with your sword. These doors will be fixed in the updated version.

Thanks Tannar, yes I was referring to the skull of St Aldan, not wanting to say too much - but nothing to do with the Shrine door. I think it's my overactive imagination probably and nothing important - the only reference I thought might be from trudnicki below - but if you drop St Aldan's skull on the font in the cathedral it becomes blessed and I hoped there might be a further use for it. As I say probably just me not wanting the mission to end .

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    ok so i miss the one and dont know which one, is this missing one got anything to do with the skull of st Aldan and maybe with the thing u can do to it?? This is a thing anyone will never know that it can be done
    And thanks for clarifying the Fera Brew mystery.

I am in the temple area. I just jumped into a small pool of water and flipped an underwater lever to open the next passage. But this new passages opens up to a small hallway where I step close to the statue, green smoke comes out, the gates close me in and I die. How do I get past this?
    Last edited by cavador_8; 31st Mar 2013 at 15:59.

Have a look round the ladder room for something you can use on the pressure plate and then wait.

I dropped that rubble on that floor plate over and over again with no effect. I'll keep trying.

Drop it once and leave it alone, and wait for the trap to turn off, then you can walk through without issues. Unless you mean it's not triggering the trap to drop the rock on it, then that's a bug we've not seen before. And by the way, this is the temple, not the second crypt, in case that confuses anyone reading your post.

And also, Happy Easter Egg everyone!

Thanks Yandros, excellent mission by the way. I was able to get past that section but I'm not sure if this is the way I was supposed to do it. I tried and tried to drop or toss that rubble piece onto that floor plate so many times and it never worked where the gates would close around the rubble. What I had to do was just hold the rubble piece and walk into the trap. I just stood there as far back from the statue as possible, seeing as I was closed in by the gates. The green gas did not kill me as long as I was holding the rubble piece. When the gates opened I was able to continue on and just toss the rubble piece back down. I tried it this way over and over again and this method worked for me every time. Not sure if that was the right way though.

No, you should be able to drop the rock on the pressure plate from a safe distance, set off the trap, and after about 10 seconds the gates should go up and the gas turn off and you just walk right through. But glad you found a way through anyway. Several others managed the way you did without the rock at all, including Nickie during testing if I recall correctly.

A walkthrough is needed please. Is there one coming soon?
    I have created a walkthrough on NORMAL difficulty if anyone needs one.

http://thief2fanwalks.freewebspace.c...mianCodex.html

I'm on normal, but...

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    I have created a walkthrough on NORMAL difficulty if anyone needs one.

http://thief2fanwalks.freewebspace.c...mianCodex.html
    From your WT;

"this time do not jump to wooden bridge, instead continue on this side to get back to the High Voltage sign, go back up ladder next to this sign, go back through generator room and back to sewer room with waterwheel, go across wooden walkway to the other side, enter hallway with water in the center, enter next open room on the left, go around inside this room to find a now opened gate door,"

Now what happens if that gate isn't open upon my return? I'm there now, I think. There's a live steam vent in the floor (around the wall in the middle). Didn't think that gate would open since it's jagged. Is there a lever I missed somewhere?

I found another crypt door, but this one has purple non-water arrow friendly torches so I thought I'd save that area for last
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 7th Apr 2013 at 19:48.

The walkthrough sounds correct. Have you already found the secret room off of the guest quarters and seen a cutscene? Once you have, that gate should be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The walkthrough sounds correct. Have you already found the secret room off of the guest quarters and seen a cutscene? Once you have, that gate should be open.
    Nope, that's probably what's missing... Returning there now...

Ok, finished it...

Thru the WT I missed 4/7 secrets. The rest got finished

Nice FM Really liked "the end" music, kept the tempo up in the courtyard when they were all fighting each other! After killing the "survivors" of that fight with All my saved arrows I moved easily along

Mission

Thought I'd go to a next level once it was completed (with all those Mb's), but Darn it...
    Last edited by nickie; 8th Apr 2013 at 03:12. Reason: Spoiler cover

Finally got a chance to play through this yesterday - what a blast! Finished on Expert with 5 secrets - needed a little help from this thread for a couple of bits, but on the whole it was all intuitive and intriguing! Loved the AI battle at the end as well as the attention to detail - just some of the little touches like the Pagan books having leaf watermarks.

My only frustration came from the sheer number of AI - I had to bust out the blackjack and give up trying to ghost it before long.

Anyway, thanks for this awesome mission!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Finished it. Found all 8 secrets thanks to this thread.

Awesome work, I enjoyed it, especially the first part when I was trying to find my way into the monastery. I didn't expect it to be this big.
    I dig the atmosphere, the soundwork was amazing. The crypt was fantastic, the ghost caught me by surprise on several occasions
    I loved all the readables, and the nice attention to details put here and there. Great job with the translation as well, I was surprised to see that even textures were translated !

I have 2 complaints though.

First the fact that you need to find some secrets to go further with the objectives, that was painful. Mostly the secret room in the guests room, and the hidden switch in the captain's office... I had a hard time finding them. I don't know if there were clues, but if there were I obviously missed them. I didn't even have the idea to look for switches there. Thanks to this thread I found them.

Second, the monastery was very disapointing. I love the sewers, the temple, the crypts and the underground quarters. The atmosphere is excellent, there is tension at places, nice use of fog here and there, and they look great. But the basement and the monastery on the surface, to be honest they looked boring and flat. Large empty rooms with low to no detail, I found nowhere to really use rope arrows in an interesting way, almost no architecture... At places I thought the sky and city in the distance were more interesting to look at

That's a shame because the whole mission is excellent. But hey, still a solid mission, thanks YanRanTan

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    YanRanTan
    ???
    Funny team name XD

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Second, the monastery was very disapointing. I love the sewers, the temple, the crypts and the underground quarters. The atmosphere is excellent, there is tension at places, nice use of fog here and there, and they look great. But the basement and the monastery on the surface, to be honest they looked boring and flat. Large empty rooms with low to no detail, I found nowhere to really use rope arrows in an interesting way, almost no architecture... At places I thought the sky and city in the distance were more interesting to look at
    Thanks a ton for playing and for the nice comments!

Keep in mind that this was originally supposed to be our entry for the Reloaded II contest, which means we had to use a previous mission as a base.
    Russ and I were going to redo the architecture in the monastery area, but decided not to in the end because we didn't want to detract too much from the original mission. We wanted it to still be recognizable as St. Feras. However, we did give the place a slight makeover with some additional brushwork and textures. The tomb of St. Fera was also completely revamped from its blocky predecessor.

The areas you liked were added on by us. They were completely new.

Thanks again!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast