TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

I'm kind of stuck. I'm playing on expert. I have finished all the goals except finding the Drymian Codex. I'm short on the loot about 1500. I even have the skull blessed but can't figure out what to do with it. So far it's a great mission.

Master Builder 2018
    Have you found Thorn's journal and seen a cutscene? If not, you need to search the guest quarters in the basement carefully. The cutscene should reveal the path to the codex.

This was an exceptional FM. I'm so proud of myself I was able to finish expert without first coming here for help. It was challenging but not impossibly so. Loved the lost crypt, very unique and scary unseen haunts. And I liked the optional objective for the shield, that was a puzzler. I kept wondering what I was ever going to do with the cog wheel I had in my inventory I had since the beginning.

Master Builder 2018
    Glad you liked it and congrats on making it through on your own!

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Found a way inside the the Hammerite Monastery withouth using the sewers :near the starting point just slash with your sword the entrance hammerite doors, after 4 slashes both doors will open
    Ha ha nice. I found another way in as well. I climbed the shed you see before you go into the sewers. Ontop you have to run and jump to fall into the rut made of the super slippery roof texture. It may seem at first that you can't move but leaning away from wall it lets you move 5 seconds at a time. i went around the side and went over the wall. I then quickly wanted to experience the game play and reloaded the beginning.

Awesome so far just can't find the temple below.

I thought that climbing place had been fixed!

To find the temple you need to have a very careful look round the guest quarters.

Last edited by Ricebug; 4th Jan 2014 at 19:04. Reason: Updated link

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thank you Terry! While we're here, I'll go ahead and make the lootlist public.... meant to a month ago.

Drymian Codex Lootlist: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kRJV2pkcW1lTWc

I'll add this link to the original post as well.

Great mission. Total time was five hours on Expert, but I did some out of bounds exploration which added a lot to the time, and I was stuck for a long time trying to find the key to the hammer shrine - I eventually just busted down the door by repeatedly throwing the hammer from the barracks at it.

Something like 3000 loot short and only half secrets, after five hours - some of those were pretty obscure. But I eventually barely met the loot requirement and got the crap out of there.

Anyway, great work.

Glad you enjoyed it. The shrine key is in a secret in the Captain's quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    But, not so clever me, can't figure out how to break the force field around the Codex. Thought I knew all of the 'tricks' of the trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Look around that room closely. The clue to solving it is literally staring you in the face. It is not hidden at all.
    This is a great mission but I have the same problem: I don't know how to turn off the force field and there's a room above with a locked gate. Where's the key?

Master Builder 2018
    For the force field, see this post. For the key, see this post.

Thanks for the Walkthorugh

I finished this mission just yesterday, well done,

congratulations

Master Builder 2018
    Thanks, we're glad you enjoyed it.

BANNED
    This was good! I can't believe I somehow missed around 2k loot, though, playing on Expert with its already quite high loot requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    This was good! I can't believe I somehow missed around 2k loot, though, playing on Expert with its already quite high loot requirement.
    Glad you liked it. Yeah, there is a TON of loot and a lot of it is rather devilishly hidden. (Blame Yandros for that!)

Splendid!

It's been a while, since I played the mission, but I have to comment it (I was not able to do it until today, because RL was filled with work). The time I waited for it (since it was announced in the contest) was worth its while. For me it is one of the thief fan mission highlights of 2013. The storytelling is clever, for example the haunted blue torches crypt is more than scarry, graphics are up to date - or to put it in another way beautiful - and of cause I really enjoyed the "cthuluh(oid)" parts in the temple. The level has a diverse and well elaborated structure as well as a fantastic atmosphere. I'm looking forward to see more fan missions from this author collective.

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. As for future missions, well, all three of us also collaborated on Cell Six for the latest contest in case you didn't play it yet. Also, Tannar and Nickie have joined the DCE team as proofreaders and alpha testers, since there are many texts involved.

As it's been over 4 months now since we released this mission, I suppose that it's almost time to publicly reveal the easter eggs. I only know of one person who managed to find the main one since we released the mission, and no one has ever found the second one to my knowledge. In fact, only Random_Taffer even knows it exists. Well, until now, I guess.

So, who else got a mild scare, then a hearty chuckle when they started hitting the training dummy?

Also, what happened to Lucy? Is she a ghost or just a better thief than Garrett? I lost sight of her in the tombs hand haven't seen hide nor hair of her since

Great mission so far, very immersive!

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSteele View Post
    So, who else got a mild scare, then a hearty chuckle when they started hitting the training dummy?
    Glad you found that. Did you find the text about it yet?

Also, what happened to Lucy? Is she a ghost or just a better thief than Garrett? I lost sight of her in the tombs hand haven't seen hide nor hair of her since
    Lucy is not a ghost, she's real. She was raised on the streets and has the skills of a street urchin/cutpurse so she's able to hide pretty well and she's quick and sneaky (though not at Garrett's level). The reason you don't see more of her is that we felt that just getting a sight of her (coupled with her journal) was enough for that part of the story.

Great mission so far, very immersive!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    In fact, only Random_Taffer even knows it exists. Well, until now, I guess.
    Well, I knew it existed but I had no idea what it was. I've been dying to find out.

I forgot you were aware of it too! But he knows what it is because I was chatting with him when I added it to the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. As for future missions, well, all three of us also collaborated on Cell Six for the latest contest in case you didn't play it yet. Also, Tannar and Nickie have joined the DCE team as proofreaders and alpha testers, since there are many texts involved.

As it's been over 4 months now since we released this mission, I suppose that it's almost time to publicly reveal the easter eggs. I only know of one person who managed to find the main one since we released the mission, and no one has ever found the second one to my knowledge. In fact, only Random_Taffer even knows it exists. Well, until now, I guess.
    I am sure I also found the second one by pure luck and a little DromEd cheating tbh but I though I didnīt have the right to tell about it: If it has something to do with smashing a window with a weapon thatīs also only found as an easter egg than you know I found it

Yes, that would be it.

Ok, I'll go ahead and reveal the primary easter egg now for those who are curious enough to go back and find it. It's actually quite a lot of fun to use once you have it.

EASTER EGG SPOILER ALERT

Hint:
    You may have noticed the Skull of St. Aldan in a small space in the wall behind his shield, which served no apparent purpose. You may have also noticed that it is dirty and unclean. Find a place to clean it, and then use it in a certain way in a location overseen by a guardian.

Outright spoiler:
    Take the skull to the holy water fountain in the chapel and drop it in to bless it. Then, go to the Meditation Garden and drop the blessed skull into each of the four braziers there for a nice surprise. If you have doused any of those braziers, you're out of luck and will have to restart the mission.

Note: The Easter egg can only be found on Expert.

A very impressive effect

How easy/difficult was it supposed to be to find the gas arrow crystal in the steaming pipe in the sewers? Because I can tell ya, it came in GREAT handy in the final battle!

The only thing I would have like to have seen added was some sort of notification when a secret had been found. It was only at the end of the mission that I realized I'd gotten most of them (4 or 5 out of 7, I believe it said?), and it would have been nice to know, at the time, that I had achieved something.

I DID get a little frustrated with the two "required" secrets, because I flipped the switch, heard a sound, but had NO idea where it came from. In both cases (in the guard captain's quarters and the guest quarters), I didn't see that something in the room had changed position, because it was blocked from view from where I was crouched when I hit either switch in question. I -heard- it, but I could never tell where the sound was coming from, as it seemed to emanate from above or below me. I'd hesitate to call this "bad design" because it was obviously done this way on purpose, but as I spent an extra HOUR running around an empty mission (I KO everything I see, thanks*) looking for whatever I did, I wasn't very happy with the authors' "killer GMing", as it were. The only solace against this was the ability to knock down the door to the healing hammer, but it felt like a lame cheat, -especially- after I only got the idea from someone else here on the forums.

The rest of the mission was a blast, though! If I were reviewing it, I'd be tempted to give it a top score, but then would remember my problems detailed above and chuck off a couple points or a star or whatever.

*: Ending question: does NOT killing or knocking out any hammerites give them more guys in the final battle to start with? I only saw like 2 or 3 fighting off like 8 pagans, and I felt kinda bad if my obsessive KO policy led to their slaughter.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast