TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Assuming you're playing on Expert, it's with the crazy old Mechanist hermit.
    yes i´m replaying on "expert" mode, where can i find the crazy old mechanist hermit?

Master Builder 2018
    You can find him upstairs in the sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You can find him upstairs in the sewer.
    Thank you Mike

Hi, by any chance, are there zombies in this mission?

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Hi, by any chance, are there zombies in this mission?
    I don´t think so

Classical Master 2008
    No, but there are some rather scary elements in one part, if that is what are you asking.

Master Builder 2018
    But the scary stuff can be avoided. It isn't necessary to encounter anything scary in order to complete the mission.

Yeah the scary part is basically a sidetrack from the rest of the mission and the only reason to go there is to get some extra loot. Though I think that part has a somewhat inventive trick and has the strongest atmosphere in the mission.

Scary doesn't bother me, it's just those morbid moaning zombies... They really creep me out. 😵😱
    Thanks ☺

Just finished this mission. Superb team effort !

Got slightly stuck on two smaller puzzles, but other than that, the mission felt very nicely paced and not convoluted. I only found 2 or 3 out of the 7 (!) secrets, but even on the Normal difficulty I played on, I managed to grab a lot of loot and interesting items.

I even had a good amount of laughs in the finale, when you can help out the overwhelmed Hammerites fighting the Pagan raiding party. All those gas mines, gas arrows, flash mines, flashbombs and spider eggs I collected throughout the mission sure came in handy at that point.

One of the touches I liked in particular was how this mission felt like a genuine bridge between the days of The Metal Age and the events to come in Deadly Shadows. The esthetics, sounds, etc., it all felt like a flawless transition from one installment to the next. Kudos for getting the context so right.

I'd be partial to another FM project by the same team, some time in the future. It might not happen again, of course, but who knows... You've handled this FM exceptionally well, guys.

But the scary stuff can be avoided. It isn't necessary to encounter anything scary in order to complete the mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Yeah the scary part is basically a sidetrack from the rest of the mission and the only reason to go there is to get some extra loot. Though I think that part has a somewhat inventive trick and has the strongest atmosphere in the mission.
    Yes, it's wholly skippable. I wanted to try out that section as well, but in the end, I stuck to the main storyline and wanted to finish it off first. Next time, I might load the last save and try to brave that scary section, then complete the mission.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Petike the Taffer View Post
    I'd be partial to another FM project by the same team, some time in the future. It might not happen again, of course, but who knows... You've handled this FM exceptionally well, guys.
    We're very glad you enjoyed it! We did another mission together called Cell 6 if you're interested. It's quite a bit darker in content matter than this one, but not scary. And you may very well see more from us in the future.

I just downloaded this twice from southquarter and thiefmissions. My language preference is English and using newdarkloader.
    The menu is Italian, darkinst is set correctly. Any ideas?

I've played this through long ago but don't remember this issue with the menu

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If you're sure darkinst has the language set correctly, I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Yep, language set correctly, no other readable so far are in Italian. The main menu and area around the objective screens but the actual objectives are in English.

If I hit quick save , the game saved message is in Italian as well. Although everything else is in English. I break everything
    Last edited by Ravenus1; 23rd Oct 2017 at 15:09.

Here's a thought:

(I often feel this way about my DromEd) :P

Have you tried reinstalling the FM? NewDarkLoader doesn't do anything fancy - it just extracts the fm zip file into FMs\[FM-name]\.

What about other FMs, and the regular game?

I just finished the 7th crystal for the 20th time and menu was fine. I reinstalled the mission and tried cryptic realms (fine) , city conflict ( normal, Hart and Experte) German in parts of the menu, maybe normal for this . I tried a dozen others no problem. The original missions are fine as well.

I just tried "a job well done" and is fine.
    Last edited by Ravenus1; 23rd Oct 2017 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus1 View Post
    I just tried "a job well done" and is fine.
    Ah yes, "un lavoro fatto bene" is indeed a fine FM.

I just dl'd a fresh copy of Drymian from thiefmissions, loaded it up in NewDarkLoader (still on v1.4.5) and all menus, onscreen text, etc are displaying correctly in English. The German menu labels are normal for City Conflict though and not installation related.

Ravenus1, the menu strings are fond in "newgame.str" in your intrface folder (or perhaps intrface/English depending on how the FM was installed). Open it in a text editor and see if the strings in there are English or Italian.

Yep, Thief2 /FMS/Codex_v1/interface/English newgame.str (all is in English)

Is there another newgame.str in the root of /intrface?

We're very glad you enjoyed it! We did another mission together called Cell 6 if you're interested. It's quite a bit darker in content matter than this one, but not scary. And you may very well see more from us in the future.
    Thank you for the recommendation. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Is there another newgame.str in the root of /intrface?
    No, appears to be clean. Sorry, for creating this mind bender. I'm gonna do bit poking around tomorrow and see what I can figure.

Ok. It's weird, the Italian strings have to be coming from somewhere. What installer do you use?

Open the command prompt and run this:
    dir c:\games\thief2 /s /og > %UserProfile%\documents\t2folder.txt with the bold part replaced by your own T2 folder path. Either look through the results yourself or post the file contents here (surrounded by [code][/code] tags to keep your post compact).

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast