TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Way Home

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You can't. But you never know, there might be a sequel some day.
    Thanks again, but how can I complete the mirror objective then? Reading the scroll next door has no effect; what else can I learn about it?

BTW, I found the Top Floor key and the rope arrow in the secret room behind the statue completely useless - or did I miss something? No more questions, I promise

Edit: just a minute ago I found Alice's journal behind the big vase...
    Last edited by csamba; 4th Apr 2013 at 17:20.

playing on Expert-
    I've completed all the objectives, but have two things I'm curious about:
    1. when placing the pair of items on the pedestals I heard a noise, but I can't tell where it came from.
    2. is there a way past the mirror?
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Apr 2013 at 01:36. Reason: spoiler cover added

MrMunkeePants:
    1. Something opened in a nearby room. If/when you find Alice's Sister, that will be what opened for you.
    2. Not in this mission.

Stuck

Folks, I'm playing "Hard" difficulty, I have completed all objectives except An extraordinary crystal? Sounds worthwhile. Find it.

I've been to most of the rooms including the mirror room, the room where Alice' sister is found, and the secret room off the mirror room. I have the lockpick bonus, the "what opened?" bonus, and the Bafford's Sceptre bonus. The main room I don't have access to is the red room, and I don't have the "dream" key. What do I do next? PM me if you don't want to put it here.

- prjames

Update: Found it. Thanks, nickie!
    Last edited by prjames; 5th Apr 2013 at 08:06.

d. Dec 2017
    nickie. Are we talking about two different things? I'm talking about Alice's sister that looks dead and is behind the banner/behind bars. Otherwise, I will need a pm., since I am a welsh-er...

Apologies for confusion over mirror/red room.

@ prjames - the key you need is in the mirror room. This will get you the crystal.

@ Dawggon - I thought you were talking about Sweet sister, i.e. Dewdrop. You don't do anything with the body.

A very beautiful looking FM with a nice creepy story. I've done all the objectives except one. Can someone tell me what to do for the Find information about the mirror objective please?

Exact location depends which difficulty you're playing but for both Hard and Expert, you need to have a very good look round the study which is the room next to the mirror room.

Wow, this one is quite tough for such a little mission. Its got me stumped. Although, I suppose I'm so tired, its not terribly surprising I can't puzzle my way out.

Ok, so, playing on expert - I've got the alchemists key, the basement key, the ground floor key, I found the switch to the room with the mirror and the creepy child, I've got a handful of loot, and I've read the readables. . .and I can't seem to find how to proceed. There's a door at the end of the hall with stairs to the first floor that I can't open, I can't seem to do anything in the mirror room, apart from aggravate the creepy girl-haunt (I even tried using the gas mine on her. . .lol Darn, I needed to put her out of my misery!) Everyone else is asleep.

I can see a spider on top of the closet in the mirror room - but it doesn't move and I can't kill it, grab it or otherwise disturb it. Nor can I open either door in that room. I still need to find a way out of the house and get more loot. ???

Any nudges to get me rolling again? Or flat out spoilers?

There is a key on top of the mirror. You'll have to be careful if you want to grab it. Concerning the spider, you can frob it.

Thank you. That got me rolling again.

Quite an interesting mission. I quite liked that whisp thingy under the transparent stairs.

I like how things start out so simple, and we keep finding bonus objectives and the situation sort of expands outwards.

My only 'complaint' would be that the mission does feel 'incomplete', when we are able to hear about going through the mirror, and possible treasure. . .but it ends before we actually get to do it. Even a 'sequel' does not feel like it would fit because of the general 'setup' of the story. 'On the way home, get 'locked' in this house and basically need a way out.' Just doesn't sound like a set up he would return to deliberately, after leaving it behind. Not when the promise of treasure is so vague. (And from children, no less, even if they are creepy children!) It would almost make more sense if the mission is *expanded* later, after the contest, to allow the story to be finished. And THEN G leaves and never returns. At least, that's my thought on the situation. : )

All in all a fun play, even if it did have me going in circles a bit! So much in such a tight little space!

Just finished this- SO GOOD. I love these small contest FMs, just straight up sneaky-awesomeness with all the fat trimmed off.
    A few of my favorite things here:

1. The staircases. Whoever you are, mystery author, you can design the hell out of some stairs. The twisty/turny flight coming out of the basement was impressive- but the transparent one with the wisps flying underneath it leading up to the second floor was friggen gorgeous. I even forgave it for making me cringe harder than I ever have in my life on the way down them (CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! the entire way down because of Garrett's stupid tap shoes. Even the crouch-drop trick couldn't stop it)
    2. The patrol patterns. I normally never ghost, but the guard patterns were so well planned and devious that using the blackjack felt like cheating.
    3. Those transparent sliding doors. Just really cool. I already mentioned how much I liked the staircase leading up to the top floor...apparently I just love transparent things today. If a ghost appears right now I may just have to makeout with it.
    4. The whole evil child subplot. So creepy and interesting- and when you walk into her room and she's just blankly staring into the mirror...oy vey...HEEBIE-JEEBIES HAVE REACHED MAXIMUM SATURATION.

Thanks for the mission, sir or madam!

d. Dec 2017
    Played on expert. I approached the rope differently in the girls' room the first time, and had no idea of its actual use...until later. The indoor atrium was very nice and I was expecting to do more with the sparkly light than turn it off and on. Also, I felt the alchemist room might have yielded more as you had to work hard to find it....but I guess that was the fun part. Same as the landing and hidden door. I always thought a landing was half-way up the stairs and I spent a long time trying to find a secret switch on the stairs or bannisters...my bad. I suppose the author made up for the lack of secrets with so many bonus finds. Not once did I think it was a small mission. The author did an excellent job of making it feel larger than it was. Loved the glass stairs, but like The Mike, no way to go quietly.
    Last edited by nickie; 6th Apr 2013 at 02:27. Reason: Spoiler cover added

I was usually able to go down the stairs by kind of taking each step downwards... diagonally. If I crept slowly and, well, the best way is to say 'diagonally' but that's not as precisely descriptive as I wish, then the majority (80% or more?) of the time, I made no sound. It was REALLY tricky, though, and made me really wish I could wear moccasins instead of tap shoes!

I still thought the stairs were fantastic, even so.

Done! The author sure knows how to hide readables. I must have walked past that last one twenty times.

More 64 cubed contests would be a good idea, I think. They tend to produce little gems even if the author isn't a super-dromeder.

Lost

I found the basement key, alchemist key, front door key, and the switch in the shadows, I’m lost. Where to go next? Have two doors one in second floor and other in first floor alchemist I can’t open. Help me please! I play on normal
    Never mind, found what I needed
    Last edited by reka1; 8th Apr 2013 at 17:06.

Give it a try and play on expert

stuck, what to do about mirror

I am almost finished, but the objective about the mirror, finding info. not been able to get it to tick off.

been exploring the room with the noble, not finding what is hidden based on earlier posts.

Need a hint or answer on how to finish this objective and hopefully finish this fm.

playing on Hard.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 7th Apr 2013 at 00:04.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by reka1 View Post
    I found the basement key, alchemist key, front door key, and the switch in the shadows, Iím lost. Where to go next? Have two doors one in second floor and other in first floor alchemist I canít open. Help me please! I play on normal
    I'm not sure which door you mean on the 2nd floor but for the first floor door look carefully at the racking. And yes, I recommend playing on Hard or Expert so you can get upstairs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I am almost finished, but the objective about the mirror, finding info. not been able to get it to tick off.
    Need a hint or answer on how to finish this objective and hopefully finish this fm.
    playing on Hard.
    On Hard you should be looking in the upstairs study which is next to the mirror room.

I'm playing on Normal difficulty and have the ground flr key, basement key, 2nd or 1st floor key (can't remember which it's labeled as), Alchemist key and Front Door key. I've opened all doors except one door on 2nd floor that's marble-white and is not frobbable (to right of front door) and there's a door above on a landing I cannot get to that's blocked by glass I also cannot get to. Been to the Alchemist's lab as well. Any ideas? I've been in circles for hours...

I was on Easy and all I had to do was touch the Front gate to finish the mission. Doh!
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 7th Apr 2013 at 16:55. Reason: Found it...

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Looks like Fen is going to do a let's play of the contest. He starts with Way Home :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn56eaowwFE

Stuck

I finish Thank You!
    Last edited by reka1; 8th Apr 2013 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Looks like Fen is going to do a let's play of the contest. He starts with Way Home :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn56eaowwFE
    That's a nice idea, I think. Even if I always wonder how he can hear the in-missions sounds and talk at the same time?
    Well, perhaps he can't, because he seemingly did not locate the switch sound when he walks up the stairs (he seemingly only noticed the closing secret passage).

But most of the time it is fun watching. Even if I am wondering if he will ever find the singing stones and the alchemist.

Nice mission!
    Found the book insane hard to find, though. Seriously, why would I look for it there ?
    Had a bit trouble with 1 or 2 other keys and places, but overall a pretty good mission with good replay value.

Playing on Hard, need a hint as to the general location where the alchemist objective would be found. I tried the earlier locations mentioned to no avail. Don't need a direct spoiler, just the general location.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast