TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Do you want Stephen Russell to be the voice of Garrett?

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...Stephen Russell to voice Garrett.

243 88.04%
  • It doesn't matter.

28 10.14%
  • No...I want someone else voicing Garrett.

5 1.81%
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 271213141516171819202122273237424752 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Stephen Russell - Petition & Poll ***

Quote Originally Posted by thiefessa View Post
    Yeah, any idiot should be able to read and understand questions properly too, silly.

I asked "Are you guys still trying to get EM to change their mind about the VA with this petition...OR is it just for messages now."
    Clearly from my question I understand they are two separate things. I was asking for an update regarding whether or not you were still petitioning for the return of SR. I ask this because of the response on the official forum regarding the petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    *** April 12, 2013 - Reached 1400+ signatures ***

Let's keep the fires burning!...
    Which part of this post and entire thread are you having trouble understanding?...

BANNED
    I'm trying to understand why you're continuing with the petition as well as the messages.
    For example, lets say you get ten billion signatures. Do you still actually think you will change EM's mind?

Considering that number is more than the population of the entire world - which would mean EM themselves signed it... yes, we do think that.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by taffersshadow View Post
    Considering that number is more than the population of the entire world...
    I thought burricks and haunts might want to sign too.

The point of a petition isn't always to change minds, but to give them a reason that they'd be justified in changing their mind. People ignore reasons all the time, or have their own countervailing reasons or whatever, but it's at least good to establish that the reason is there for its own sake. And people feel good that they gave their best case rather than just not doing anything.

For example, lets say you get ten billion signatures. Do you still actually think you will change EM's mind?
    I'm guessing - if there was like a 500'000 people who signed it - yes, they would change their mind... 500'000 people who potentially may not buy a game because of their decision would indeed make them consider some alternatives, like alternative dubbing. And if it wasn't EM itself, it would probably Square Enix, that would take some steps, being afraid of loosing over $10'000'000.

Goodnight x.x

I'm trying to understand why you're continuing with the petition as well as the messages.
    Because it's better than doing nothing and passively accepting this.

BANNED
    I didn't expect anyone strongly opposed to the change to passively accept it - well, not in their heart anyway. But logically speaking I thought they might.

I suppose we could get 10 billion signatures if people with multiple personalities signed twice. There are less than 7 billion humans inhabiting Earth and yes, I know you weren't being serious. lol

Why would we stop? That would feel somewhat hollow to me to simply shrug and walk away. We want Stephen back thiefessa. We've always wanted him and will continue petitioning for his return in Thief 4 . I respect EM's position on the matter, but I and many others wholeheartedly disagree with it. Based what we've seen similar VO setups for Bioshock Infinite, their reasoning is extremely weak. I suspect Romano might be cheaper and that the provincial or federal governments will subsidize the wages for local actors. That's how we do things in Canada. Keep it local.

In any case, you don't stop fighting for something you believe in just because someone tells you that you can't do it or have it. I've never rolled over. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Maybe they won't change their minds, but I hope the message will ring in their ears for years to come.

There are a few minds at Eidos who have made the call on this decision, yet we're closing in on 2000 strong who feel they are wrong. Might seem like a small number these days, but I'm sure it might look a little more imposing if all 2000 who have signed were to show up in the front yard at EM's studio holding signs.

They may never budge on this decision for fear of it being a sign of weakness, or that if they give in to this request they would have to give in to every request. Well, it would not be a sign of weakness in my eyes, it would be a sign of absolute respect. Respect for the fans, for Mr. Russell and for the game property they purport to be honoring.
    Last edited by New Horizon; 12th Apr 2013 at 22:59.

jtr7
    It's not your decision, thiefessa, and the petition doesn't lose meaning or major secondary purposes if S.R. never voices our favorite characters ever again. Onward! Word has not spread very far, so it's too soon to say only "some" fans are bothered by EM's decision, Adam. Keep hiding the message, ignoring the message, downplaying it, and we'll take one of a dozen different routes to our goals (not just the one). We're taffers, you know.

Keep spreading the word! You can't stop the signal! (Apologies to non-taffer Browncoats.)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    .. and yes, I know you weren't being serious. lol
    Phew. Thank the taffers. I thought I was going to have a long night ahead...

In any case, if something is important to you...you don't stop fighting for something you believe in just because someone tells you that you can't do it or have it.
    I'm all for fighting for what you believe in.

They may never budge on this decision for fear of it being a sign of weakness, or that if they give in to this request they would have to give in to every request. Well, it would not be a sign of weakness in my eyes, it would be a sign of absolute respect. Respect for the fans, for Mr. Russell and for the game property they purport to be honoring.
    I don't think any of these reasons apply. I think it is just a case of they've made their mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    It's not your decision, thiefessa,..
    I never said it was. Please read my posts before responding.... it helps to keep discussion on track.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Keep spreading the word! You can't stop the signal! (Apologies to non-taffer Browncoats.)
    Heck, I've been busy with work all week and haven't even had a chance to start spreading the signal in earnest. This weekend however...

BANNED
    This is exciting. Sounds like you've got all sorts of tricksies up your thiefy sleevsies.

jtr7
    ONWARD! w00t!

BANNED
    LOL.

BANNED
    Seems to me, you're the one trying to light little fires and fan the flames lol.
    No, if you read my post properly, I was clearly interested in what was the next plan.

Scared? Of what exactly?

Honestly, I admire your fight for a good cause. Doesn't mean I have to join in though, does it.

I tire of this 'you're a mod' attack that just deflects from the meaning of my posts.
    Try to treat me as any regular member here, because that is what I am. Then we can enjoy a sensible chat.

No, I don't come here to stop fans being passionate about a video game, silly.

7:35 Pacific time. 54 signatures needed to meet goal!

BANNED
    There's a goal?

I tire of this 'you're a mod' attack that just deflects from the meaning of my posts. Try to treat me as any regular member here, because that is what I am. Then we can enjoy a sensible chat.
    Im just saying, maybe you should do a solid evaluation of your reputation here.

BANNED
    A solid evaluation?
    I thought it was pretty obvious. I'm a regular member and have been since 2005.
    What more could there possibly be to say on the matter.

I understand some people imagine all sorts of dark and sinister reasons as to why I post here.... but I can't really help that.

You wish. It just seems that you say a lot of things in your latest run at TTLG that gets people irritated. Im just trying to understand why that is. You seem nice a nice intelligent lady.

There's a goal?
    yeah, 1500 looks like.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    You wish. It just seems that you say a lot of things in your latest run at TTLG that gets people irritated. Im just trying to understand why that is. You seem nice a nice intelligent lady.
    Again, I can't help it if some people get irritated. That's their problem, not mine.
    Perhaps they are too sensitive.... or biased? After all, I don't fight with people, I don't call people names, and I respect the rules here.
    I see others doing exactly the opposite and yet nobody seems to get irritated at that. But not for me to ponder over.

Fair enough, I am appeased. Carry on then! thiefessa, didst thou sign the petition?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ganac View Post
    yeah, 1500 looks like.
    There's always a goal, it always says "# left". When it was under 1000, the goal was 1000. When it surpasses 1500 it will still say "# left". I don't think there's a fixed goal per se.

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 271213141516171819202122273237424752 ... LastLast