TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NewDark "64 Cubed" Contest - VOTING

NewDark "64 Cubed" Contest - VOTING

ALL VOTES MUST BE CAST ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, MAY 14TH

Thanks to nickie and Al_B, the voting these days is much simpler. They've created a voting form similar to the one used for the Halloween contest. Feel free to start voting anytime (preferably after you've finished playing a mission).

After today, we'll officially be in the "grace period" for the contest, but it sounds like there are more entries are on the way. Those missions will be added to the ballot as they come in, so keep checking back for more info (I know you will).

Alright then, so go VOTE.
    Last edited by Tannar; 11th May 2013 at 15:12.

Nothing to do with me Brethren - it's all Al_B's hard work. Are you going to link to this in the contest thread or do you want this stickied till voting's over?

Is it just me, or are there only 15 points total and not 20?

Don't understand. 3 categories with up to 5 points in each. I know my maths is lousy but isn't that 15 total?

Yeah, I know, this isn't what I meant.
    The maximum amount of points you can give per mission is 15 if you use the category system, however the 'final' notation is 20. If I vote 5, 4 and 3, the mark is 12/20. There's a 5 missing somewhere, or I'm missing something.

I haven't voted for anything so I don't know what the 'final' might be. This was taken from the last contest voting so there may be hangover from that which had another category I think. I'll ask.

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Yes,that is weird, it shows x/20. Should be x/15

OK - I've done a test vote and can see what you mean now. This definitely is to do with the same template being used. Just a blip but thanks for highlighting it skacky!

You're welcome, I knew something was off.

Administrator
    Oops - I'd modified the voting from the previous contest which had four questions and one bit of text slipped through the net. It didn't actually allow more than 15 points so all votes made so far are still valid.

Bumping this up - don't forget to vote if you played the missions.

Clearinghouse
    Voted

Hope the voting is up for another while. Will be playing through these and vote asap.

You still have time, don't worry.

Okay please do not vote too quick because I still have my mission to get in so please wait for it it will be up by april 18-20

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Guy101 View Post
    Okay please do not vote too quick because I still have my mission to get in so please wait for it it will be up by april 18-20
    You don't have to worry about being left out of voting,as it is better to vote right after playing each contest entry. You will get your fair share of votes!

Quote Originally Posted by fetgalningen View Post
    Hope the voting is up for another while. Will be playing through these and vote asap.
    well you better not vote before you play my mission which is coming out on april 18th and that goes for anyone else that hasn't voted yet So please don't forget this because I want to get it out there before the votes are all full and it really wouldn't be fair to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Guy101 View Post
    well you better not vote before you play my mission which is coming out on april 18th and that goes for anyone else that hasn't voted yet So please don't forget this because I want to get it out there before the votes are all full and it really wouldn't be fair to me
    This isn't like an election where the voter picks one mission that they want to win. The voter gives each mission a score, and can give them all the same score if they want. People voting on missions now won't stop them from voting on yours when it is released.

Plus, I don't know what you think is unfair, since the official deadline for the contest has passed. Now we're in the grace period.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    This isn't like an election where the voter picks one mission that they want to win. The voter gives each mission a score, and can give them all the same score if they want. People voting on missions now won't stop them from voting on yours when it is released.

Plus, I don't know what you think is unfair, since the official deadline for the contest has passed. Now we're in the grace period.
    Well I'm kinda stupid when it comes to reading things before I commented and forgot that it's ranks
    Sorry bout that I just can't wait to get it out though

Voted

VOTED. Sorry if this has been a long discussion already elsewhere, but I'm a little disappointed that there's no gameplay category. That tends to be the most important element for me, being as my only experience with the technical DromEd side of FMs ended with me holding a crucifix up to the screen and praying it would go away. Anyway, I went with just assigning each a number out of 15, since I felt the ratings for the 3 chosen categories didn't necessarily reflect my preference for a winner (thanks for including that option by the way. See? I can also not complain).

d. Dec 2017
    I voted on the 2 that I was able to play. Three others were either so dark that I couldn't see to get started or, unable to mantle. Big disappointment to me as everything has been correctly installed. I have been having problems with my new computer, and the new dark that have not yet been remedied.

Should I cancel my voting because of this, as it wouldn't be fair to the other 3 authors?

The forum knows I'm logged in because I can see the "welcome redleaf", and it allows me to post. But the voting page keeps telling me I'm not logged in and can't vote. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    The forum knows I'm logged in because I can see the "welcome redleaf", and it allows me to post. But the voting page keeps telling me I'm not logged in and can't vote. Any ideas how to remedy this?
    Yep, I am seeing the same problem .....

I'll ask the powers that be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast