TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I am playing the last mission and I am trying to ring both bells and get to the dagger but I cannot even get out of the church before the time is up?? I did not have this trouble on the first release!! Tried several times to make it with no luck, it seems like the time is a lot shorter??

I will have to put this one back in the box.
    Tips for successfuly acquiring the dagger
    - Make sure all of the doors that are used are open in advance.
    - Start at the top of the tower with the broken stairs.
    - You have exactly 45 seconds from the moment you ring the first bell.
    - When descending the tower stairs, hug the inside wall.
    - At the end of the first stairs descent, jump through the upper door way.
    - Mantle/Jump over the railings immediately to your left.
    - Use a forward and strafing motion while hugging the inside wall to quickly ascend the stairs.

Here's a video I uploaded to Youtube, demonstrating how I did it.
    http://youtu.be/540aobrZus8
    The quality's a bit pants, but you'll get the idea.

If you're still stuck, there is a method of increasing your movement speed, which can be found in the original Thief's Rising Thread #204. It's not ideal, but will let you complete this part.
    Last edited by Adsk1; 6th May 2013 at 11:55. Reason: Youtube video

Thank you Adsk 1 I edited the file and was able to complete the level!!

Your campaign is FANtasick !! Even more so with the additional levels

I watched your video and my garret does not move nearly that fast?? Even with editing the file from the hint in the original thread??

....I watched your video and my garret does not move nearly that fast?? Even with editing the file from the hint in the original thread??
    That is odd. I don't know why it would be any different across other PC's. My version of TDS is an otherwise un-modified, original release, stock DVD install, patched to version 1.1. I did use the Editor version to make that video, I wonder if that is different?

But then saying that, Gnartch had no problems with that section of the game during his beta testing.

Is it possible that a previously installed FM or mod has altered Garretts speed settings, and then failed to restore them?

Thank you Adsk 1 I edited the file and was able to complete the level!!
    Hmmmm.... I am not convinced that the instructions provided in Post #204 did anything good in order to make this happen.
    Did you notice Garretts speed increasing? Or did he simply bounce up and down like a nervous rabbit?
    If I am not mistaken, then those instructions change Garrets movement animation, but not the actual speed.
    (you might want to restore the original value 0.8 for all of those)

The only proper place to change the actual speed would have been in
    Code:
    SaveGames\User Options\Options.ini
    and then correct the run key (W by default) back to the default value (1.00000), which is also the maximum value possible.
    Just make sure to find the correct key/gamepad button or whatever you are using and correct the numeric value where 'MoveForwardBackward' shows up.
    Code:
    W=MoveForwardBackward 1.000000
    Had you played around with the speed before? Or installed some tweaks (maybe the Minimalist Project? although I do not know if it touches these values)
    At any rate the timing is sufficient if you have the default settings.

I first tried it at 1.5 and still could not make it in time, so I tried at 2.0 and was able to get the dagger.

P.S. I changed all the forward speeds to 2.0 I believe there are 6 in all.

There was not a whole lot of increase but you can tell he is moving faster as is the sound of his footsteps.

Warehouse how to get in ?

been everywhere outside, found 40 % of the loot, but now i'm stuck

lockpicking the door does not work

any hint ?

thankstlg

Quote Originally Posted by desin View Post
    been everywhere outside, found 40 % of the loot, but now i'm stuck

lockpicking the door does not work

any hint ?

thankstlg
    I assume you mean the single, wooden, front door of the warehouse, as featured in the loading screen? Lock picking the door should work, it's the only way in.

The only thing I could really think of would be some confusion about which building the warehouse actuall is ???
    Once you made it through the locked gate that reads 'Docks' (or something similar), the warehouse is the building on the right before you pass by the fountain.

[QUOTE=gnartsch;2186259]Check
    - the bookshelf in the haunted factory-reception area
    - the fountain in front of the warehouse
    - the pool on the ship

Thanks for your great help "Mr. Master Loot" - it was the fountain-loot I was missing

Any chance that you also might help me with some hard to find loot in Mission 9 - Confrontation? Here I am missing 100 gold (assuming 2000 gold is the maximum, I have 1900). I think some of the loot placements did also change from the first version, because I canīt find everything in the original places...

Sorry found the last piece of loot right after posting It was on a cupboard down in the treehouse!
    Last edited by Florian; 11th May 2013 at 05:57.

Now I am really stuck in the final mission...I canīt find the estate agent and his key anywhere. The passage to the docks is blocked, down below is only lava and in all other areas I have been to there isnīt anyone anymore. I have destroyed the portal and killed 7 of 8 were rats.

So what is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Now I am really stuck in the final mission...I canīt find the estate agent and his key anywhere. The passage to the docks is blocked, down below is only lava and in all other areas I have been to there isnīt anyone anymore. I have destroyed the portal and killed 7 of 8 were rats.

So what is next?
    You dismissed the Lava pit so soon? Have another look, there is a rocky path around the outer edge that leads you up to a vent shaft. It requires some good timing and mantling, but that's the way to go next.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    You dismissed the Lava pit so soon? Have another look, there is a rocky path around the outer edge that leads you up to a vent shaft. It requires some good timing and mantling, but that's the way to go next.
    Thanks, somehow I knew why I dismissed it so soon

After a lot of reloads I finally made it...but now I canīt party/end the mission because I have 98% loot and am still missing 2% (equals to 50 gold, probably a copper nugget or a purse), but I donīt know where...if anyone knows of some hard to find loot woth 50 gold please enlighten me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Thanks, somehow I knew why I dismissed it so soon

After a lot of reloads I finally made it...but now I canīt party/end the mission because I have 98% loot and am still missing 2% (equals to 50 gold, probably a copper nugget or a purse), but I donīt know where...if anyone knows of some hard to find loot woth 50 gold please enlighten me. Thank you!
    There is one really hard to spot, and potentially difficult to find bit of loot that I can think of.
    From the Stonemarket gateway, walk to the end of the alley and face down the left junction. On the right hand wall is a doorway with a sloping roof above it. It is a tricky mantle, but on that sloping roof is a piece of loot.

There is one really hard to spot, and potentially difficult to find bit of loot that I can think of.
    From the Stonemarket gateway, walk to the end of the alley and face down the left junction. On the right hand wall is a doorway with a sloping roof above it. It is a tricky mantle, but on that sloping roof is a piece of loot.
    Perfect! Donīt know how you did know that, but it was exactly the missing piece of loot - now to the party

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    Mission 4, easy difficulty-Gate master house
    How do I get inside? Can I get a hint?
    Hint: You can not get inside via the front gate.
    Access via another property to the left.

Docks / Warehouse mission

I've visited the Warehouse but can't figure out how to get into the factory building. The map suggests mantling across the iron fence of the corner yard, but it does not work...?
    Thanks for a direct hint

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Docks / Warehouse mission

I've visited the Warehouse but can't figure out how to get into the factory building. The map suggests mantling across the iron fence of the corner yard, but it does not work...?
    Thanks for a direct hint
    You need to enter via the sewers.
    Opposite to the yard is a door with a guard in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    You need to enter via the sewers.
    Opposite to the yard is a door with a guard in front of it.
    Found it, thank you. It was probably the many unopenable doors around that made me oversee this.

looking for newspapes on Framed

I have found 5 of 6. Playing on EAsy. Are these in the location(s) as in Thief Rising / Thief Rising updated?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I have found 5 of 6. Playing on EAsy. Are these in the location(s) as in Thief Rising / Thief Rising updated?
    I believe that they're in the exact same places as before.
    I suspect that the one you've not found is the one relating to the note in one of the bedrooms of the first house, where someone complains that the newspapers are being lost beneath the floorboards of the walk way leading up to his house. Read that note, it'll state the name of the person, which is also shown on a plaque for their house, which is located down an alley in the city area before you cross the river.

Stuck

Hint: You can not get inside via the front gate.
    Access via another property to the left.
    Do you have to jump over the wall from the wagon? I can get on the wagon but no way to jump to the wall?? Or is this not the right spot?

Quote Originally Posted by vandoe7@comcast.net View Post
    Do you have to jump over the wall from the wagon? I can get on the wagon but no way to jump to the wall?? Or is this not the right spot?
    Not the right spot.
    There is a frobbable door on the street in plain sight - but with a guard standing in front of it.

Not the right spot.
    There is a frobbable door on the street in plain sight - but with a guard standing in front of it.
    Frobbable door in rich district?? I checked every door then crossed over to the "rich district" and opened every possible gate. I found a gate that says gate master house but the gate has a chain on the opposite side and there is no way in there. Still confused

Quote Originally Posted by vandoe7@comcast.net View Post
    Frobbable door in rich district?? I checked every door then crossed over to the "rich district" and opened every possible gate. I found a gate that says gate master house but the gate has a chain on the opposite side and there is no way in there. Still confused
    I think there's been a mix up here! You're on the Framed mission, whereas the previous response was based on the Warehouse mission. So, to answer your question...

You need to access the Gate Master house by climbing the walls, obviously not an easy feat. But if you back up and enter a neighboring area, you'll see a cart against the far wall which you can climb on. This in turn allows you to ascend the wall where by you can access the Gate Masters house by leap-frogging across the wall tops.

Here's a video I uploaded to Youtube, demonstrating how I did it.
    If you're still stuck, there is a method of increasing your movement speed, which can be found in the original Thief's Rising Thread #204. It's not ideal, but will let you complete this part.
    After some experimenting I found out that this bells-and-dagger exercise strongly depends on screen resolution: on my 16:10 monitor it's (almost) easy to accomplish at 1280*800, rather difficult at 1600*1024, and totally impossible at 1920*1200. So if anyone of you seem to be unable perform the trick in 45 secs try lowering your screen resolution - just for this scene - and Garrett will run about as fast as in the video .

On the other hand, I'm just 50g short of doubling my first 900G loot (1750) - are there any pieces outside the village, the church, and the treehouse?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast