TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    After some experimenting I found out that this bells-and-dagger exercise strongly depends on screen resolution: on my 16:10 monitor it's (almost) easy to accomplish at 1280*800, rather difficult at 1600*1024, and totally impossible at 1920*1200. So if anyone of you seem to be unable perform the trick in 45 secs try lowering your screen resolution - just for this scene - and Garrett will run about as fast as in the video .

On the other hand, I'm just 50g short of doubling my first 900G loot (1750) - are there any pieces outside the village, the church, and the treehouse?
    Sounds to me rather like a performance issue of the computer/graphics card, then.
    On the other hand I know of a T2 mission in the OldDark times where one simply could not make a jump to a ladder, if you were using a 'high resolution'.

I leave the privilege to spoiler the loot to the author.

On the other hand, I'm just 50g short of doubling my first 900G loot (1750) - are there any pieces outside the village, the church, and the treehouse?
    There are two pieces of loot. One on the canyon floor, along the side, near to the fallen tree, it's in plain view. The other is on a branch of the fallen tree.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Sounds to me rather like a performance issue of the computer/graphics card, then.
    On the other hand I know of a T2 mission in the OldDark times where one simply could not make a jump to a ladder, if you were using a 'high resolution'.
    I assume Thief3 should be more than comfortable with a Quad-Core i7-3770 (3.9GHz) and NVidia GTX 560Ti at that resolution; I've been using John P's texture pack also, without ever having visible performance (fps) degradation in any FM. At least up to now...

Thank you, Adsk1 - found the last piece required to continue
    Looking for the finale now.

Mountain fortress question, easy difficulty

I have been going over the ritual.

I have put the symbol in the receptacle. Then I am prompted to light a candle on the altar. Where do I find the unused candle? I have skull of St. Yorest

Do I need to search the basement area with zombies more to find what I need to proceed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Now I need to figure out how to "escape" and end this mission and move on to the next part.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 27th May 2013 at 01:17.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I have been going over the ritual.

I have put the symbol in the receptacle. Then I am prompted to light a candle on the altar. Where do I find the unused candle? I have skull of St. Yorest

Do I need to search the basement area with zombies more to find what I need to proceed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Now I need to figure out how to "escape" and end this mission and move on to the next part.
    Not quite sure what you are refering to when you say "escape". So I'm guessing here...
    After the ritual, you need to ascend the mountain, past the statues which block the stairs, by using the "blessed" blackjack to clear the way.
    Then find the "Tracer Lens" before returning to where you started by way of the Partially lowered drawbridge

Mountain Castle

yes, I figured that part out at the very end, thank you for the reply.

Now I am on the Warehouse/Factory part, looking for an empty bottle.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

performance issues question

Does anyone have slowness/choppiness in movement and sound? I run into alot of slowness and choppiness. Sometimes I can partially compensate by having Garrett look down while walking/running and things speed up some.

Right now, even after a reboot, I have so much choppiness, I cannot even play the fm. Everything I can turn off is off, I even lowered my resolution to 800x600 4.3 and turned off bloom.

I know the integrate video is not great, but the TDS om's play fine.

Any suggestions?

Enjoying the fm, just taking a break now while frustrated with the choppiness that is getting worse on Warehouse/Factory part.

Does anyone have slowness/choppiness in movement and sound? I run into alot of slowness and choppiness. Sometimes I can partially compensate by having Garrett look down while walking/running and things speed up some.

Right now, even after a reboot, I have so much choppiness, I cannot even play the fm. Everything I can turn off is off, I even lowered my resolution to 800x600 4.3 and turned off bloom.

I know the integrate video is not great, but the TDS om's play fine.

Any suggestions?

Enjoying the fm, just taking a break now while frustrated with the choppiness that is getting worse on Warehouse/Factory part.
    Due to the limitations of the game and because of the size of the maps, cut-backs were made on Zone-Portals, which split the map into small areas that are rendered only if the player's line of sight breaches the zone's boundaries. Because I scrimped on these to allow the map to be as large as I could get it, the "zones" are larger and more rendering on a frames/second basis is required, slowing game performance.
    The Warehouse mission in particular does have choppiness issues, as mentioned in the first post, especially on the docks, because although the area was "zoned" effectively, the player is able to see down the entire length and therefore through the boundaries of all of the "zones" requiring it all to be rendered. As you walk further down the docks, you reduce the number of zones (leaving them behind you) so the choppiness reduces.
    So I'm sorry to say that there is nothing we can do about the problem now.

looking for a bottle

Where can I find one?

How do I get it filled?

No luck so far in the warehouse with this objective.

Where can I find one?

How do I get it filled?

No luck so far in the warehouse with this objective.
    Ok, so I'm assuming that you've read the note in the Seafare storeroom that explains that they no longer keep the bottled wine at the Warehouse but they do keep barrels of the stuff there. I'm also assuming that you've read the Manifest in the Office that tells you what is kept in each storeroom.
    So, go to the storeroom where they keep the crates of empty bottles, and look for a crate which can be opened, there's actually two, one of which has some loot in, the other, with the bottles in, is right at the back, so you'll have to climb up and drop back down the other side.
    Once you have the bottle, go to the storeroom with the barrels of wine, look for the barrels with the Seafare emblem on them... If you don't know what that looks like return to the Seafare storeroom and look at the banners on the wall to help you identify them.

Hope that gets you going again.

Confrontation (easy), looking for Balthesar

I am looking for this guy to get a key from him. I have seen others that look the same, were-rat folks running around. Does Balthesar look different than the other were-rat folkes?

were is the best place to wait for him to come strolling by?

EDIT: found him.

having issues getting the dagger. despite what I have read, I can never make it in time despite the changes I have made (thread 204 steps). The youtube video shows Garrett practically sprinting down the steps, I cannot get Garret to sprint like that, not even close.

Need a hint or some helpful advice. Cannot continue this part of the fm until I can get the dagger issue figured out.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 2nd Jun 2013 at 03:11.

having issues getting the dagger. despite what I have read, I can never make it in time despite the changes I have made (thread 204 steps).
    Try the tip in this post.
    It might be rather some sort of performance issue, which could be fixed by lowering the resolution for that quest.
    (And I would not even suggest trying what is written in #204, because I do not see that messing around with that might eventually help in any way.)

still having issues

I am running 640x480 4:3 resolution.

Still Garret cannot make it in time. I am maybe one running jump away from it when the flame goes out.

I still don't understand how the youtube video where Garret is literally sprinting was done, I am nowhere close to that speed.

in 45 seconds of running down twisted stairs, jumping a gap, climbing over railing, running up more twisted stairs and down again, I just never make it.

has anyone been able to make this run without doing any tweaking of any kind? If so, how much time did it take? How much time left?

I am using a clock with a second hand to time running down from the broken tower to getting up to the top of the other , and I see about 5-7 seconds left to run down and out again.

Hugging the inside of the stairs curve does not help, often get hung up on a step or two.

Any chance you ever did any tweaking yourself - or installed the Minimalist Project?
    From what I know, it alters the speed of the player, but I do not know whether it increases or decreases it.
    I can do that sequence easily (with some practice) without any tweaks (with probably3-5 seconds left).
    When you take the inside of the stairs, make sure to JUMP up the stairs all the time. It prevents getting stuck and increases your speed a bit as well.

no tweaks, no intalled packs. Only the 1.1.1.1 patch.

The options.ini file and the t3animplayer.ini is as it was, no changes to it.

I will try again to see if I can get it to work with jumping and taking inside wall of stairs.

EDIT: tried again with hugging wall and jumping, actually got it done. not easy but I did it.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 2nd Jun 2013 at 21:55.

stuck on final part-Homecoming

I am back at the hammerite cemetary, but no idea where to go to find a new home or destroy the portal

need a hint please.
    EDIT: stumbled on it and progressed.

Now trying to determine the best way to destroy all the werecats. firearrows? I have 5 after blowing up the portal. wonder how many needed?
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 3rd Jun 2013 at 01:02.

I am back at the hammerite cemetary, but no idea where to go to find a new home or destroy the portal

need a hint please.
    EDIT: stumbled on it and progressed.

Now trying to determine the best way to destroy all the werecats. firearrows? I have 5 after blowing up the portal. wonder how many needed?
    Fire arrows are the only way to kill the Wererats, and there are plenty of them later on. You need to examine the area of the collapsed building, a passage exists. Once you reach the bottom of this you'll find more fire crystals and you'll need to work your way up along the outside edge to reach an access hatch that leads to a new room.

almost done with last part

I managed to take care of the "rat" problem.

I found a new place to sleep.

I am at 84% loot, need 85% to complete objective on easy. what spots can anyone list are easy to miss for loot?

I managed to take care of the "rat" problem.

I found a new place to sleep.

I am at 84% loot, need 85% to complete objective on easy. what spots can anyone list are easy to miss for loot?
    Firstly check post #38 of this thread for the hardest to find item.
    In the Hammer building, where you ascend the ladder to reach the back gate lever, check on top of the bookshelf. Also, up on the wooden balcony above the street next to the collapsed building.
    Should be enough to complete your objective.

Auction house mission

I got the lockpicks ans successfully used them, only I have a problem picking up two doors (accounts and apparel, I think). They lock the two most simple ones in that corridor, but no matter what combination I use, it makes the locks shake, but nothing else happens, even after more than a minute.

Is it supposed to be that way, is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Liz

Hmmm... probably you simply did not find the exact angle/position for lockpicking.
    It's not necessarily a multiple of 45, although I used to believe that myself as well still a few years back.

Can't believe how I totally forgot how to use the lock picks! I forgot that you're supposed to move your mouse cursor to pick the locks... well, it IS a long time after I last played T3 FM/OM, I've returned to T2 FM quite fast (9 years ago, or so).

Thanks for reminding me the facts gnartsch I had a feeling I'm forgetting/missing something, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Stuck in the auction House

I cannot find the golden Gavel. I read the letter with the hint but am still not able to locate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Finger View Post
    I cannot find the golden Gavel. I read the letter with the hint but am still not able to locate it.
    Here's how to do it.
    Find and use the button between the two tables on the stage.
    This opens up two panels in the walls just off the stage, before the archways, opposite each other.
    Use both of these buttons before the panels close, or else you'll have to start again.
    Using both of these buttons opens a trap door at the back of the seating area, watch for the illumination of the light on the back wall.
    If the light goes out before you get there, you'll have to start again.

Thanks. i finished the level now...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast