TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

I'm playing The Warehouse on Normal. I cannot fulfill the objective to get a wine bottle. There is a crate of bottles in Storeroom A but none of them are frobbable. I have been in all the other storerooms, and am getting tired of enforced ghosting. What do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'm playing The Warehouse on Normal. I cannot fulfill the objective to get a wine bottle. There is a crate of bottles in Storeroom A but none of them are frobbable. I have been in all the other storerooms, and am getting tired of enforced ghosting. What do I need to do?
    In the same storeroom as the crate you mentioned, climb up over the tops of the crates and head towards the back of the storeroom. Behind the furthest pillar, drop down onto some lower crates, one of which can be opened to reveal all the empty bottles one could dream of having.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    In the same storeroom as the crate you mentioned, climb up over the tops of the crates and head towards the back of the storeroom. Behind the furthest pillar, drop down onto some lower crates, one of which can be opened to reveal all the empty bottles one could dream of having.
    That does not appear to be correct. I think the problem was the bottles only become frobbable when you read a notice on a wall in a different storeroom.

I am now having trouble finding the instructions for the machines in the haunted factory, whilst steering around another set of uncombatable foes.

I am now having trouble finding the instructions for the machines in the haunted factory, whilst steering around another set of uncombatable foes.
    The instructions are to be found in the room behind the counter.
    That room will open as soon as you have restored the power,

which requires you to access the other closed room on the level first.

In Homecoming, how do I light the Dienamight? I have used my three fire arrows on wererats, otherwise i couldn't navigate the mission. BTW, one of the wererats has sunk into the pavement while alive, so I'm probably unable to finish.

OK, I managed to detonate the explosive with a noise arrow (obviously). Next problem (apart from the sunken wererat), is the missing estate agent and the lava people have mentioned. I haven't found either the lava or the agent. Any hints please?
    Last edited by Marbrien; 18th Jan 2014 at 05:56.

For anybody else who struggles with this, the entrance to the lava area is under the collapsed building in the part of town that leads to the pagan seaside tavern.

Unable to finish because of the sunken wererat problem.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 18th Jan 2014 at 07:11.

OK, I managed to detonate the explosive with a noise arrow (obviously).
    Due to the limitations of the engine, you can detonate the dynamite with pretty much anything, including the blackjack. The same goes for the Blackjack blessing Ritual in the Mountain mission where you are supposed to hit the font with the blackjack. Also, once you have the Blackjack Blessing you can hit the Statues with any weapon. These may also be possible with a thrown item such as a flash bomb or possibly a junk item, but I didn't test that.
    There was no way to limit the type of IMPULSE that was acted upon.

Unable to finish because of the sunken wererat problem.
    I am sorry to hear that. Gnartsch and I never came across that bug during our extensive beta testing.

There is a passage in the first part of the map with, on one side, a gate with glyphs either side that you cannot enter and, on the other, a tavern you can enter in a previous mission but not the last. There was a wererat in that passage crouching to feed on a corpse who suddenly sunk into the pavement and never reappeared. So was only able to dispose of 5 of 6.

I would love to play some of these T3 DS Missions but I can never get it to work. I tried T3 with the sneekzie patch to no avail..Is there more. Someone please send me some good instructions. Thankyou...Syst (EVGA GTX 760/i74770K/16G Ram/Wind7)

Hello,
    I`m short of 50G, in the final mission.....Need some hint.
    I`m playing on easy.

Grtzz

Quote Originally Posted by T-Linkz View Post
    Hello,
    I`m short of 50G, in the final mission.....Need some hint.
    I`m playing on easy.

Grtzz
    There is one really tough to spot nugget which is what I suspect you are missing.
    Find the road where the Hammerite front entrance gate is, which is opposite the tavern doorway that isn't frobbable. While facing towards the alley at the end, which leads to the Hammerite cemetery, observe a wooden awning on the left wall. It's tricky to mantle onto it, but is possible. A nugget is tucked in the back corner.

I canít figure out how to continue at the lava part in the final mission. So far Iíve tried hugging the wall counter clockwise until I reach a point where Iíve been jumping around like mad, but to no avail.

Am I on the right track here by going counter clockwise from the entrance point from the docks? If so, are there any tricks (or even cheats) to jumping/mantling I could use?

You are on the right track. And there is no special trick required.
    The route should be obvious... maybe you just miss the sweet area.
    I seem to recall that it might be advisable to increase the brightness of your screen a bit... at least I found that handy at some point.

Thanks! Turning up the brightness and the encouragement from knowing I’m on the right trick did it. Finished the mission and thus the campaign.

@Adsk1 It was very enjoyable, with stealth intensive and cleverly designed maps. I did notice a few bugs and oddities, though nothing game breaking. Thanks for the effort of making this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koning Kaas View Post
    @Adsk1 It was very enjoyable, with stealth intensive and cleverly designed maps. I did notice a few bugs and oddities, though nothing game breaking. Thanks for the effort of making this.
    Appreciate the compliment, thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Did you complete the bonus parts too, i.e. the Party at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by ĒAdsk1Ē
    Did you complete the bonus parts too, i.e. the Party at the end?
    Why no, after the debriefing of the last mission I did click continue, but then the briefing of the training mission from the original game came up. So, I assumed that was the end. Should Iíve continued afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Koning Kaas View Post
    Why no, after the debriefing of the last mission I did click continue, but then the briefing of the training mission from the original game came up. So, I assumed that was the end. Should I’ve continued afterwards?
    No. There are four bonus tasks throughout the campaign, that if you complete, a little party is thrown in your honour, plus a bonus puzzle. Each time you complete a bonus a message pops up to inform you, however, if you miss a bonus the proceeding ones do not action.

Basically, you'll have to re-play the entire campaign in order to achieve this.
    To see what you've missed you can find the Bonus.txt spoiler file in the Fan Mission Extras folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1
    To see what you've missed you can find the Bonus.txt spoiler file in the Fan Mission Extras folder.
    Heh, seems Iíve messed up in the 4th mission then. I immediately got out of the room. Iíve just finished the whole thing on expert with almost 100% loot, so I doubt Iíll give it another go. But itís a nice feature nevertheless.

Mission 4

hi everyone
    i need some help with mission 4 (framed).
    i just can't seem to find the last of the 6 newspaper pages even though i searched through all areas at least 3 or 4 times! >_>
    i'm getting frustrated.....could someone please help me?

I am pretty sure that this post will point out the one that you are looking for.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2188787

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I am pretty sure that this post will point out the one that you are looking for.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2188787
    oh didn't see that when i searched the thread
    that helped a lot, i finally finished the mission *yay*

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Hello,

my english is really bad, so sorry for that.

I play the Thief's Rising Gold Version, which seems to have lots of differences compairing to older versions.
    I'm stuck at mission 6. I cannot find the bottle of vine, empty or not. I was in the storehouse and found the crate with the bottles, but wasn't able to frob one of them. I'm not sure, if I have to find a bottle of vine or to produce my own one.

So please, could someone give me a hint, what to do or where to go.

Thanks
    Hi Atropos.
    Thank you for playing my TDS campaign. To help you out...
    ...there are two crates in the same store room. The first, just inside the door to the left, and the second tucked away at the back of the room. It's the one at the back of the room where the empty bottles are kept
    Hope that is the help you are looking for.

I am in Mission 2 and am looking for the Gold Wine bottle for the MO to tick off, where is it?...Oh, and by the way, why are the rooms so dark?...I can't seem to see anything...
    Last edited by Richard1965; 10th Jan 2015 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
    I am in Mission 2 and am looking for the Gold Wine bottle for the MO to tick off, where is it?...Oh, and by the way, why are the rooms so dark?...I can't seem to see anything...
    To be honest, it's been such a long time, I can't exactly remember where it is. I seem to recall three potential places, The master bedroom, The junk room in the attic or the trophy room.

These two issues have not been raised before so I wonder if maybe your gamma/brightness is a little too low?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast