TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    To be honest, it's been such a long time, I can't exactly remember where it is. I seem to recall three potential places, The master bedroom, The junk room in the attic or the trophy room.

These two issues have not been raised before so I wonder if maybe your gamma/brightness is a little too low?
    I've checked around those three looking for a highlight and didn't see any...I can look again...As for Gamma, it seems that Thief three does not have that, it seems it has Brightness, which I've fiddled with several times and nothing...

To be honest, it's been such a long time, I can't exactly remember where it is. I seem to recall three potential places, The master bedroom, The junk room in the attic or the trophy room.

These two issues have not been raised before so I wonder if maybe your gamma/brightness is a little too low?

BTW, are you actually Cornish or are you of English stock?...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
    BTW, are you actually Cornish or are you of English stock?...
    Born in Essex, raised mostly in Cornwall.

As for the gold bottle. Up in the junk attic room if you walk right up to the window then do a 180, you can get behind the stack of stuff to your right. There is some loot there, but not sure if it's the bottle though.

If that's not it, then I'll have to message Gnartsch, as he did all the beta testing and he might have a better memory than me.

Born in Essex, raised mostly in Cornwall.

As for the gold bottle. Up in the junk attic room if you walk right up to the window then do a 180, you can get behind the stack of stuff to your right. There is some loot there, but not sure if it's the bottle though.

If that's not it, then I'll have to message Gnartsch, as he did all the beta testing and he might have a better memory than me.
    ok...Where is the "junk attic" room?...I thought I read earlier that you decided not to make an attic?...Or are you speaking of the dark room next to the study on the third floor?...If I can't find this bottle, I can't move on because I can't seem to remember the key sequence that allows me to bypass levels...

I seem to recall that the bottle is either in the trophy room or in study in the attic (all the way up and then left).
    Quite sure that the 'junk room' on the other side is complete empty and holds nothing of interest.
    I seem to recall that there is some secret cabinet in the office, isn't there?

The attic was added in the Gold version, so I am pretty sure that the wine is not there.
    And I seem tp recall having had problems finding 1 particular Objective related item in the Trophy room as well.
    I would dare to swear it was the bottle.

Oh, and you can't skip missions in TDS.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 11th Jan 2015 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I seem to recall that the bottle is either in the trophy room or in study in the attic (all the way up and then left).
    Quite sure that the 'junk room' on the other side is complete empty and holds nothing of interest.
    I seem to recall that there is some secret cabinet in the office, isn't there?

The attic was added in the Gold version, so I am pretty sure that the wine is not there.
    And I seem tp recall having had problems finding 1 particular Objective related item in the Trophy room as well.
    I would dare to swear it was the bottle.

Oh, and you can't skip missions in TDS.
    Ok...I found the bottle in the room next to the study, objective ticked off, however, it was very difficult due to the darkness in the room, couldn't see any detail in there and kept loosing my bearings, like pitch blackness...Is there any other loot in that room besides the bottle as I am at only 91% loot and I'd like to hit 100%...Thanks...

Thanks for your help Gnartsch.
    I think the bottle was originally in the Trophy room and then I moved things about a bit for the Gold version, to give some re-playability for those that had already played the first version. The secret cabinet is part of a sequence to opening the cell room, I think

Ok...I found the bottle in the room next to the study, objective ticked off, however, it was very difficult due to the darkness in the room, couldn't see any detail in there and kept loosing my bearings, like pitch blackness...Is there any other loot in that room besides the bottle as I am at only 91% loot and I'd like to hit 100%...Thanks...
    There might have been a goblet with the bottle, but other than that I don't think there was anything else in that room. As for the rest of the loot, I really couldn't help you, just make sure you check the bedrooms thoroughly and did you empty out the kitchen sink?

Thanks for your help Gnartsch.
    I think the bottle was originally in the Trophy room and then I moved things about a bit for the Gold version, to give some re-playability for those that had already played the first version. The secret cabinet is part of a sequence to opening the cell room, I think

There might have been a goblet with the bottle, but other than that I don't think there was anything else in that room. As for the rest of the loot, I really couldn't help you, just make sure you check the bedrooms thoroughly and did you empty out the kitchen sink?
    No, I don't think I emptied the Kitchen Sink...I am on Mission 3 now, found "another way out", however, How do I get out of this little courtyard I came out in?...I keep trying to scale the wall to no avail...

No, I don't think I emptied the Kitchen Sink...I am on Mission 3 now, found "another way out", however, How do I get out of this little courtyard I came out in?...I keep trying to scale the wall to no avail...
    The little courtyard is the exit (after climbing up through the toilet?), have you completed all of the objectives? If not, then you need to go back in and do so before returning here.

The little courtyard is the exit (after climbing up through the toilet?), have you completed all of the objectives? If not, then you need to go back in and do so before returning here.
    Ahh, yea, I just remembered...The Gavel...Where is it by the way?...

Ok...Found the switch on the stage for were the Gavel is supposed to be hidden...Somewhere in the back...However, every time I frob it I hear something like sliding stone and I run to the back of the seating area and then I can hear it sliding back and I cannot figure out exactly where it is...Help...

Just finished Mission 3...Duuude!....That Gavel location drove me mad...Finally found it...Now I am on Mission 4 Framed, jump out the window and smack dab into the watch...Street's blocked off with carts...Another way out?...

The window is your only way out. Just make sure to not drop down onto street level.
    There is a ledge on the left that you need to stick on.

The window is your only way out. Just make sure to not drop down onto street level.
    Got it, thanks...Hard to follow map, kinda got lost...

Ok, now I have to get the Gate Master's key...How do I get into his Estate?...I can't pick lock...

Ok, now I have to get the Gate Master's key...How do I get into his Estate?...I can't pick lock...
    You've got to get over a wall. Look for a cart in one of the adjacent gardens.

I have noticed at least three with wagons next to walls, which one?...

Ok...I have the gate key and opened the door and the other door wont open...What now?..

Ok...Saw a lever in the back and frobbed it...What is it supposed to do?...

Ok...Found that out...Still can't find Newspaper number 6, I have 5...Could someone give me a list of the places there are at, please?...
    Last edited by Richard1965; 12th Jan 2015 at 20:58.

Ok...I have the gate key and opened the door and the other door wont open...What now?..

Ok...Saw a lever in the back and frobbed it...What is it supposed to do?...

Ok...Found that out...Still can't find Newspaper number 6, I have 5...Could someone give me a list of the places there are at, please?...
    The one everybody misses is the one mentioned in a readable in one of the bedrooms of the house you enter through the window at the start. It refers to the newspaper dropping beneath the wooden floor outside his house. Find that letter, find the correct named house and look beneath the floor boards outside their house.

I think a list of newspaper locations has already been done in this thread, somewhere.

The one everybody misses is the one mentioned in a readable in one of the bedrooms of the house you enter through the window at the start. It refers to the newspaper dropping beneath the wooden floor outside his house. Find that letter, find the correct named house and look beneath the floor boards outside their house.

I think a list of newspaper locations has already been done in this thread, somewhere.
    Found it...Went back to a save a re-read the letter...Now I am in the castle with the Zombies...

Now that I am in the Castle with the Zombies, how do you suggest I deal with them?...And is it worth it exploring those rooms down there before heading upstairs?...Thanks...

By the way, do you realize that your voice/accent sounds like Carey Grant?...

How do I deal with these stone statues in the Castle mission?...I have to get my blackjack blessed?...

Ok...Where did I miss the Holy Symbol?...
    Last edited by Richard1965; 13th Jan 2015 at 22:16.

Now that I am in the Castle with the Zombies, how do you suggest I deal with them?...And is it worth it exploring those rooms down there before heading upstairs?...Thanks...
    Yes, it's definitely worth searching, for story, loot and equipment, namely holy water vials.

By the way, do you realize that your voice/accent sounds like Carey Grant?...
    Err... No!?

How do I deal with these stone statues in the Castle mission?...I have to get my blackjack blessed?...
    Quite right.

Ok...Where did I miss the Holy Symbol?...
    If memory serves me correctly, right down in the basement, through the locked, metal, windowed door.

If memory serves me correctly, right down in the basement, through the locked, metal, windowed door.
    Where abouts would it be?...

Ok, I found it...From where do I obtain a new candle for the alter?...

Alright...How do I get to the Docks?...
    Last edited by Richard1965; 14th Jan 2015 at 20:44.

Alright...How do I get to the Docks?...
    Not sure exactly where you are. If you're right at the beginning, then you'll need to get the key from the guard at the bottom of the slope, this unlocks the door inside the large archway.

If you're past that part and are referring to the Docks Loading area, then you'll need to complete all the warehouse and factory objectives first. Then a new guard will come through the Docks Loading Area door, to which he has the key on his belt, and start patrolling the area. I think he looks different to the other patrolling guards.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast