TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    Not sure exactly where you are. If you're right at the beginning, then you'll need to get the key from the guard at the bottom of the slope, this unlocks the door inside the large archway.

If you're past that part and are referring to the Docks Loading area, then you'll need to complete all the warehouse and factory objectives first. Then a new guard will come through the Docks Loading Area door, to which he has the key on his belt, and start patrolling the area. I think he looks different to the other patrolling guards.
    Ok...Found the fat guy with the key on his belt in order to get through the Docks door to get to the ware house, thanks...Now I just have to get through this ware house...Great missions...

Why can't the warehouse guards be knocked out?...

Ok...I am in Storage Room D, and there is a lever on top of a high crate and a frobbable smaller crate behind it...I moved the smaller crate and began hearing something laugh and say help me...I got on top of the higher crate and frobbed the lever...What does this lever do?...I can't see anything open?...

Been in all the Storage Rooms and didn't find anything but loot...No empty bottles nor barrels of wine...Am I supposed to go to the
    factory across the way?...

How do you get into this factory anyway?...

All right...Where are these fuses at that I have to get to turn on power...I found the crate of cork in the factory yard but none of the pieces of cork highlight...

All right...Found the empty bottle in Store Room A...Now I have to find a label...Any clue?...

All right...Where is the Machine Operation Manual?...

Just beat one of the factory ghosts to death...Didn't know you could do that...

Ok...How do you free the Mutant?..
    Last edited by Richard1965; 18th Jan 2015 at 17:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
    Why can't the warehouse guards be knocked out?...
    They're wearing helmets.

Ok...I am in Storage Room D, and there is a lever on top of a high crate and a frobbable smaller crate behind it. I moved the smaller crate and began hearing something laugh and say help me. I got on top of the higher crate and frobbed the lever. What does this lever do?. I can't see anything open?
    This is part of the Secret Bonus Missions that I added to the whole campaign. This bit should only work if you have done the first two parts, which I'm assuming you have? Full details are in the Bonus.txt file found in the Fan Mission Extras folder of the RisingGE.zip.
    As for the lever problem, I thought there were two levers. These release the door of the crate to let the creature inside escape, causing carnage along the way.

Where are these fuses that I have to get to turn on power
    In the back office (First door on the right at the top of the stairs, and through the other door), on top of a cupboard.

I found the crate of cork in the factory yard but none of the pieces of cork highlight... Now I have to find a label.
    All the items needed to complete the bottle objectives are not highlighted until you know what you are doing with the machines.

Where is the Machine Operation Manual?
    It's in the staff room, behind the reception.

Just beat one of the factory ghosts to death...Didn't know you could do that
    With the Blackjack?! I didn't know you could do that either.

Yea, with the blackjack...I was standing just outside the door in the yard when the ghosts had chased me there and I noticed they couldn't come into the yard, they just stood there shaking their fists at me, so I got as close as I could to them and started swinging my blackjack and it took about five minutes of constant swinging and it finally fell to the ground and vaporized...It was cool...

They're wearing helmets.

This is part of the Secret Bonus Missions that I added to the whole campaign. This bit should only work if you have done the first two parts, which I'm assuming you have? Full details are in the Bonus.txt file found in the Fan Mission Extras folder of the RisingGE.zip.
    As for the lever problem, I thought there were two levers. These release the door of the crate to let the creature inside escape, causing carnage along the way.

In the back office (First door on the right at the top of the stairs, and through the other door), on top of a cupboard.

All the items needed to complete the bottle objectives are not highlighted until you know what you are doing with the machines.

It's in the staff room, behind the reception.

I figured it all out after I posted...Thanks...But I still can't find the key to the cargo area nor get through the gangplank door to board the ship...

I was standing just outside the door in the yard when the ghosts had chased me there and I noticed they couldn't come into the yard, they just stood there shaking their fists at me, so I got as close as I could to them and started swinging my blackjack and it took about five minutes of constant swinging and it finally fell to the ground and vaporized...It was cool...
    Cool indeed. I suppose you could kill any AI if it's prevented from getting to you like that.

I figured it all out after I posted...Thanks...But I still can't find the key to the cargo area nor get through the gangplank door to board the ship...
    I think the gangplank door can only be opened from the other side.
    After completing all of the Wine Bottle Objectives, a new guard should be standing by the cargo loading door, or possibly patrolling around the streets. He has the key to the Cargo Loading Door.

Cool indeed. I suppose you could kill any AI if it's prevented from getting to you like that.

I think the gangplank door can only be opened from the other side.
    After completing all of the Wine Bottle Objectives, a new guard should be standing by the cargo loading door, or possibly patrolling around the streets. He has the key to the Cargo Loading Door.
    Ok...I was running around looking for this new guard with the key and he just didn't appear anywhere, finally I read the note on the door to the gangplank and my character said something and I went back over to the cargo loading area and there in front of the cargo loading area door was the new guard with the key...I think after all objectives are completed except for the stowing away, this new guard with the key will not appear until you trigger it with the reading of that note on the door to the gangplank...

Ok...Now I am on the Tracker Mission, I am in a vent shaft system and have come to a set of footprints pointed straight at a grate, went towards the grate turned left followed along and came to another grate on the left facing opposite another shaft, when I look into this grate, I can see the shaft extends upwards and downwards, however, there seems to be no access to this shaft, the opposite horizontal shaft facing the grate just follows around in a circle and brings me back to this grate...Where am I supposed to go?...Am I missing something such as a lever or button that opens this particular grate?...

Alright...Found a shaft that goes up and inside that shaft there is a horizontal shaft that when I mantle up to and attempt to move forward I keep falling out of the map and dying, however, I finally made it without falling out of the map and am moving forward, but I think that you have a glitch there with that occurring...Just thought I'd let you know...
    Last edited by Richard1965; 23rd Jan 2015 at 11:22.

Ok...I was running around looking for this new guard with the key and he just didn't appear anywhere, finally I read the note on the door to the gangplank and my character said something and I went back over to the cargo loading area and there in front of the cargo loading area door was the new guard with the key...I think after all objectives are completed except for the stowing away, this new guard with the key will not appear until you trigger it with the reading of that note on the door to the gangplank...
    Ah, yes. Now that you've said that, I'm reminded. You can read that note at any time to trigger that guard.

Ah, yes. Now that you've said that, I'm reminded. You can read that note at any time to trigger that guard.
    BW... I am in Tracker, after I came out of the saloon through the grate in the storeroom at the top of the stairs, I found the footprints again, on the other side of a gate...What am I looking for?...To continue?...

BW... I am in Tracker, after I came out of the saloon through the grate in the storeroom at the top of the stairs, I found the footprints again, on the other side of a gate...What am I looking for?...To continue?...
    There's a note on the wall beside the gate pertaining to a curfew due to heightened criminal activity. Remove all of the Wanted Posters in the city to lift the curfew and allow the gate to be opened.

There's a note on the wall beside the gate pertaining to a curfew due to heightened criminal activity. Remove all of the Wanted Posters in the city to lift the curfew and allow the gate to be opened.
    Aha...Tricky...I already have five of them, five more to go ...Thanks...

Hey... What's with the tiny footprints in that little round grate near the floor next to the fire?...I am about to follow him through his portal and I just looked around beforehand and found the tiny footprints...

Alright... How do I get down to that portal?...Never mind...I figured it out... You use a water arrow to put out the fire and then jump down the hole...

ok...What's with the knife and the bells in the forest mission?...Ok...I rang both bells and still can't get the Silver Dagger...What am I missing?...
    Last edited by Richard1965; 23rd Jan 2015 at 22:36.

What's with the tiny footprints in that little round grate near the floor next to the fire?...I am about to follow him through his portal and I just looked around beforehand and found the tiny footprints
    Did you not see the person whom you are tracking change form? It was happening when you got to the locked grate in the tunnel. He changed from a human into a Rat man in the distance and then shrunk into a rat and that's how he got down to the portal. I hope by now, assuming you've been reading all the texts along the way, that you realise you've been tracking a Wererat!

What's with the knife and the bells in the forest mission? I rang both bells and still can't get the Silver Dagger...What am I missing?...
    OK, this may be a problem as it has for several others. First off, try what's been covered already from the top of Page 2 of this thread.

We believe that it is something to do with Frames-Per-Second, which has a detrimental affect on the count-down timer. The fix is to temporarily lower your resolution and/or quality setting and re-try the dagger grab.

I hope these suggestions can help you.

Mission 3

Got everything checked off except for finding another way out. Having trouble with that, though. Reading through this thread, a toilet was mentioned. I've been roaming through every bathroom for at least 30 minutes. This is the longest I can say I've been in a bathroom(s) in a video game, it seems.

Nevermind. Figured out where to go. I am so glad I don't have to inspect bathrooms now.
    Last edited by Klawedflaw; 27th Feb 2015 at 23:52.

I'm in the last mission, and just one objective left.
    Find a new place to call home.
    I'll be super happy if i get a clue or even better a direct spoiler. This campaign was though. I just want to finish it.

*EDIT*
    And as usual, found it after asking.
    Last edited by Beltzer; 5th Mar 2015 at 13:26.

Mission 6

Okay, now I've reached the ship. But I have no idea what to do here, because all doors are locked. How can I get access inside the ship?

Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post
    Okay, now I've reached the ship. But I have no idea what to do here, because all doors are locked. How can I get access inside the ship?
    Have you been in the Warehouse (The one with the guard standing in front of the side door)? If so, have you been in the Factory (Accessed via the sewers, after completing the Warehouse)? If so, then you need to read the message on the gates to the ship boarding stairs, then a new guard will begin patrolling that has a key on his belt that gives you access to the Loading area.

Hope that is of some help.

PsymH is on the ship already, as it seems.
    Once on the ship, the mission is basically complete and there is nothing to be done here.
    Make sure to have all objectives finished, and then find a hiding place in one of the little boats on deck.

Do I have to make something with the boat? And is it the only open boat? Oh... I have to still find loot

Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post
    Do I have to make something with the boat? And is it the only open boat? Oh... I have to still find loot
    Apologies for the misunderstanding there...

All the escape raft/boats have covers over them, except for one that has its cover pulled back. That's the place where you go to exit the mission

There's several bits of loot on the boat. Check around the bar area, amongst the goblets, and there are a couple of other loot items tucked between the loungers. Also on the end of the crane, just before you jumped down onto the boat.

Many thanks, Adsk1! I've completed this mission. Now on in Mission 7!

Sorry for bumping this old thread, I'm on the Confrontation mission and I have rung the bells and taken the dagger. Now I cannot find a way to leave the cemetary. Please help!

Head back down to the basement of the church and in the furthest room pull the lever by the door, then turn around and mantle into the right hand open wall vault.....you'll find the lever has opened up the back of the wall vault where you will find a tunnel, but you need to be quick as it's on a timer

Thanks Fortuni, I'm out now.

Did anyone else have trouble missing a were rat (I've killed 4 of 5 apparently) and the estate agent from mission 9?

I also only have 56% loot and need 75%. I feel like I haven't explored an area but I can't find anywhere else to go.
    Last edited by chischis; 31st Jan 2016 at 14:43.

Not sure why you have not found all five, but I had a problem finding one as well, had to reload from a save and next time found them all

This might be of use to you, if you want the rest of the walkthrough PM me and I'll send you a link as I have have not released them officially yet

Mission 10 walkthrough

Loving the walkthrough, Fortuni. Brings back fond memories. Would love to see the rest of it, when it's completed.

As for Chischis. I'm confused about which mission you're on?
    ...missing a were rat (I've killed 4 of 5 apparently) and the estate agent from mission 9?
    The Estate Agent is in the final mission (10. Home Coming) and He has been turned into a Wererat, so will likely be your missing one.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast