TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sturmdrang Peak Mission 6 - Hubris and Humidity questions

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I don't get the colored squares?? Can someone get me going again.

Nicked: This is a Fantastic set of missions!!
    You have to read the first plaque and then the second that says to get 25 to open. Then it is just a simple math where to step 1 red is 4 and 2 reds are 8 and so on until you get 25

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    I have come to a temple entrance underwater where you have to raise the sun, moon and stars... I have done all three levers and the pedestals have come up, but nothing happens, i can't proceed. What now?
    Check if all the pedestals are really up and if the door hasn't open . If not you have a bug
    Last edited by nickie; 18th May 2013 at 03:32. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    I'm in the same spot as Silent Warrior. Trying to open the chest in the old light house without any lockpicks. Don't know where or when they vanished. They were in my inventory for the 2nd and 3rd missions. I did Ctrl-shift-alt-end in "Forgotten Depths". I just got tired of trying to open the locks.
    Am I in a pickle?? What to do??
    If you did Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End before getting your equipment back then that's why. You need to have opened the chest in the sewers in Forgotten Depths.

I am having a real problem with the...pointed logs trap, I have tried the speed potion but only manage to get to the last of the three logs and still get pushed off, am I wrong in thinking that there is no gap between these moving logs where you can rest before trying to get past the next one, how do you do it please....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    I am having a real problem with the...pointed logs trap, I have tried the speed potion but only manage to get to the last of the three logs and still get pushed off, am I wrong in thinking that there is no gap between these moving logs where you can rest before trying to get past the next one, how do you do it please....
    There are indeed gaps big enough to rest between the logs. But they are just big enough - so it may take some tries (I needed five or six).

Thanks Calibrator, I wondered if there was...I did try but got pushed off or stabbed with the telegraph pole either way I died several times...so it's trial and error again and again eh....oh bugger.

@Ravenhook: Wait till you get round the corner!

Oh yeah, thanks ffox, I was lucky...I dodged the first arrow, and after watching the sequence for what seemed an age ran across and only got hit once...phew...now whats this malarky with counting to 25 all about...

Is that a serious question?

Blimey o Reilly..I thought those retracting wall steps were a bugger, now those long retracting sections...I'm out of here for today, the author is a genius...evil, but a genius, brings back memories of the Play Station's early games with those annoying levels...I couldn't do those either...ooh those retro days, where is that console now...in the pond with the koi carp.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Check if all the pedestals are really up and if the door hasn't open . If not you have a bug

I brought all 3 down then up again just to be sure and the door doesn't open..well that sucks.

If you'd like to send me a savegame then I'll see if I can do them for you. My email's in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    You have to read the first plaque and then the second that says to get 25 to open. Then it is just a simple math where to step 1 red is 4 and 2 reds are 8 and so on until you get 25

I still don't get this?? can someone please pm me or give a better solution.

EDIT: I did not see nightwalkers post that makes more sense!

Finished

Nicked: I will play this set of missions many times!! They were very well crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    If you'd like to send me a savegame then I'll see if I can do them for you. My email's in my profile.
    I restarted the level and it worked this time.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    No idea why the lockpicks would have disappeared! Did you have them on previous missions? Did you ctrl alt shift end at any point? Did you get them from the chest properly in mission 1? If all else fails I can make a version of the mission file with extra lockpicks in it, but I'm not at a pc at the mo,I'm on my phone. Let me know if you get it sorted!
    I ctrl alt shift end 'ed nearly all the missions. I had no lockpicks or gear either.

Right, well that's not really a bug. If you cheat past the missions, things will break.

BANNED
    Okay, I've so far made it to another room with those tall sinking pillars and spike pillars.... but the door is closed at the other side. I have attempted to jump to it hoping I can frob it open, but no joy. I can't see any other way to get the door open... so I'm stuck. Any help appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Right, well that's not really a bug. If you cheat past the missions, things will break.
    "Cheat" ? You didn't insult the person who made the original comment, (in fact you offered to help him/her) so why are you insulting me ?

He was not insulting you. He didn't mean "cheat" in the way you think. He wasn't calling you a cheat or saying that you were cheating. He meant that if you use the cntl+alt+shft+end "cheat" to advance to the next mission, then you won't have your lockpicks or gear in that next mission. Using a combination of keystrokes to accomplish something not normally part of the game (such as skipping to the next mission) is commonly called a "cheat".

Southquarter.com/fms
    To everyone who is ctrl-alt-shift-ending missions, it does state clearly in the readme that your equipment will carry over from mission to mission. Being that this is a campaign, it makes perfect sense that you're not going to magically regain your lockpicks if you didn't have them when you exited the previous mission early.

Can anyone explain the logic behind the guardian puzzle again? I got by it, but just by randomly smashing the guardians, but I'm curious to know how it was supposed to work.

Playing on Expert. Can't seem to find the runestone of air. Got the other three (earth, fire, water). Any hints please?

Search the mine.

Sorry Brethren, I missed your post.

Originally Posted by Calibrator
    You have to slay the "morning" fire pillars and as the sundial arrow points at 12 o'clock like the readable says you have to slay the two fire pillars left from it, if I remember correctly.
    Originally Posted by thiefessa
    Okay, I've so far made it to another room with those tall sinking pillars and spike pillars.... but the door is closed at the other side. I have attempted to jump to it hoping I can frob it open, but no joy. I can't see any other way to get the door open... so I'm stuck. Any help appreciated, thank you.
    And apologies also for missing this.

So, you've been across the first set of sinking pillars, followed the corridor all the way round to the room with the guardians. If you haven't 'slayed' them and risen up on the dusk pillar to pull the lever, then I don't believe that the door in the 2nd room of sinking pillars will open.

BANNED
    Thanks Nickie... will head back and deal with that first.

Rune

Having some problem finding last rune. It should be placed on the south most pedestal with a star imprint. Also found a switch in the old lighthouse and can hear a door open or close but have not been able to find door. Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast