TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sturmdrang Peak Mission 6 - Hubris and Humidity questions

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Mug View Post
    How I was supposed to figure this out? I mean, is there any sense at all?
    Yah, each color represents a number and you step on tiles to add up to 25 exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Yah, each color represents a number and you step on tiles to add up to 25 exactly.
    Omfg, now it seems obvious! My bad
    Anyway, it's done.

Fantastic campaign!

Finished today, loads of fun. Loved the puzzles and the fog! Swimming endlessly, nice and spooky. Great job.

Could I get a general location on the captain's journal pages? I don't want to proceed without having the ones outside the temple.

I hope this is general enough.
    Tomb W of ancient lighthouse
    Building NE of parapet in N ruins
    Building south of temple access
    Sealed room downstairs from temple entrance

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I hope this is general enough.
    Tomb W of ancient lighthouse
    Building NE of parapet in N ruins
    Building south of temple access
    Sealed room downstairs from temple entrance
    Thanks, got them all.

and now I'm stuck on the statues.

I get that you're only supposed to hit the fire statues, and I assume that you hit the two on the left of the sundial, that time being morning. But I hit them and nothing happens, not even when I stand on the square. No combination of any and all of the fire statues seems to work.

You're hitting them with your sword?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You're hitting them with your sword?
    Actually I just now finished the mission. I dunno what was up with it, it just took a few tries of doing the same thing until it decided to work.

Amazing campaign, and the final sequence was pretty darn fun. I couldn't help but stare at the thing and wait for it to move. Honestly, I was terrified of the large underwater area, I thought there was going to be some sort of enemy that could move faster there. Giant shark or something, but I dunno if Dromed does underwater AI.

My only complaint is that there was no store. I saw the "current loot" from all the previous missions, and I was hyped about being able to spend it all on the last mission for one huge fight/sneak. But no

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    As easy to find as the bonus objective?
    I had the bonus objective before any other in this mission - it was mentioned in one of the missions before it, describing pretty much exactly where to find it.
    When I read the map of the mission I examined the location a bit more thorough than usual...

For the people wanting to know where to find it: Read the file "nath.str" in the books-directory to get a nice clue!

Well, I'm stuck again. I hate foreign puzzles and I love them also But I'm stuck at the guardsroom. When I hit the fire guards, nothing happens. I can't figure out what to do next. I know the arrow shows to the 12.00 hours (noon?).
    Damn, some of these levels are easy to play and some are really not reachable for me. I'm a donkey!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

You need to hit the 2 guards to the left of where the arrow is pointing.

Only those 2? I just don't get it.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I'll PM you, Gloria to help you sort it out.

Stuck in the colors floor panels, can anyone tell me what´s the right sequence, damm this puzzle is quite embarrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Stuck in the colors floor panels, can anyone tell me what´s the right sequence, damm this puzzle is quite embarrasing.
    There's lots of options. The plate tells you that you need to get a total of 25.

I, for example, jumped on 6 red squares and one blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuckle View Post
    I was terrified of the large underwater area, I thought there was going to be some sort of enemy that could move faster there. Giant shark or something, but I dunno if Dromed does underwater AI.
    It is possible to have AI follow and harm the player underwater. There are several examples of smaller hostile fish (e.g., Piranhas) in Christine's missions ("Mountain Monastery" and her pirate-themed campaign), and in one area in the "Ruins of Originia" campaign, you are chased by fish and Craymen alike in some kind of lake (the one where you're supposed to steal some kind of Rainbow flowers, IIRC).

Mission finished

Nice Mission Nicked, i had alot of fun playing this mission, only the first puzzle of the frobing masks was a bit unfair, apart from that the rest is acessible, nice architecture design, simple but beautiful, excelente choice of ambiente musics and sounds, good choice of textures, good storyline, and a lovely gameplay.

Thank you very much for this high quality group of missions

I am having a great time and many hours of fun with this mission. I am now close to the end (I Think), and am stuck in the temple room with the movable stairs. Got up the first flight and have made the run up the second flight about ten times. Can't seem to get Garret to mantle up to the last platform. All the stairs retract nad Garret seems to be able to stand on the smallest outcropping of the last stair. But he just can't seem to reach high enough to mantle up onto the last platform. ANY HELP HERE APPRECIATED. Sturmdrang has been a delight. The puzzle are great. Hard enough to make your think but not so difficult so as to frustrate. I can't tell you how many missions I have abandoned because I couldn't figure out the puzzles. I also like the fact about not having to cope with zombies, haunts (except one), or other supernatural beings throughout the story. I haven't reached the end yet and I realize from reading other posts that there will be a supernatural being at the very end. Every good story must have it's ultimate antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilkar View Post
    I am having a great time and many hours of fun with this mission. I am now close to the end (I Think), and am stuck in the temple room with the movable stairs. ...
    Yeah, those stairs seem a bit funny. When i was climbing up them, it was like Garrett couldn't move forward and was been pulled into the wall... anyway, i kept as far away from the wall as possible and kinda jumped up the stairs, then on the last step, i jump and mantle up.

Also the very last step of the second flight of stairs, does not revert back out, once it retracts, is this by design, or a bug?
    Last edited by shadows; 30th May 2013 at 12:28.

That was by design, shadows.

Thanks Shadows, Got it. Don't cha know right after you ask for help you get it to work. Got to the room with the lever to raise the bridge but the bridge didn't come up. I assume there are more levers somewhere. I already frobbed the one at the entry to the bridge room itself. Then this one after the sliding rock bridges that come out of the wall. Went back to the bridge at lower level and went left instead of right and negotiated the room with the rising and falling pillars. Avoided the second room with the pillars for the time being and went to the sundial room. Facing north? and striking the two fire guardians on the left produces no result except to attract the water elemental. Is there anyway to destroy this elemental? I thought about using a fire arrow the same way as I use a water arrow on a fire elemental but it didn't work. Still working on those guardians.
    Last edited by nickie; 30th May 2013 at 12:39. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by Gilkar View Post
    Is there anyway to destroy this elemental?
    I was thinking the same thing, when i encountered it. Tried to kill with a sword, it worked, but it 'explodes' when it dies dealing you damage. Anyway, i discovered, when it's not alerted, one arrow pops it!

I must commend nicked, it's not often we see water elementals!

i simply cant find the millets hoarde. I think its in the lighthouse location but i've checked every inch of that area with no luck. Also i cant get to the outside walls of the lighthouse on the top level which is the last area to check. Help pls running in circles here.

This campaign is almost perfect. great story, great puzzles I would add some zombies and intro and outro video. Thank You Nicked

I haven't got my handy map but hopefully this will get you in the right area.

Go to the ruins which have the entrance to the catacombs, the parapet around it and the buildings outside that area and look for a ruined building with a tree growing out of it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast