TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: My first FM "The Mystery Man" released! (26/03/2001)

Never seen THAT before. Has the mission success screen come up? If not, go find that taffer and put your sword through him.

HAHA! That's pretty hilarious! Never heard of that happening. You scared the panties off of him with your speed jumping!

never had a problem till the end i got into west tower, douced the tourches, slashed zombies (zombers) only to get to a gate with no way through it, no switches, obviously thats where MM is but cant get past the gate.

The Master's a big wuss!

I had the exact same situation as w_hairst. The first couple of plays, after reading the book and hauling ass to the safety of my rope arrow, I got blasted off of my rope once and tried to split him open by dropping mines while hanging once. The third try, he didn't give chase after the initial shots at me. I waited then dropped back down on the upper level and snuck up behind him, cracked off a couple of moss arrows and proceeded to slice him up. Got alot of smoke, but no cries, or even an ouch. I decided to see how fast he could run and put my sword away and ran past him, only to be paseed by him!

I caught up with him at the rear foyer, and sliced away again, nothing. I walked around in front of him and he hightailed it through the library and I lost him until I found him in the room with the stairs north of the library. From there, it was just chasing him back and forth between that room and the rear foyer.

The "Confront the Master.." objective was checked off so I said to hell with him, I'm getting outta here. I still couldn't open the back gate, so I went around and jumped out the window over the Street light and two trees. When I frobbed on the outside of the gate I got "Mission Complete" but "Leave from the back gate.." was not checked off.

Except for the end oddities I had a fantastic time with this mission. I've played every OM and FM on "Expert" except the first couple of Thief Gold on normal. This one here had me wondering if I was going to be able to get through without spilling a little warm blood, though I did manage (after a little over 7 hours of cracking heads and cowering from Zombors). My sword's just for slashing banners and knocking down doors.

My only question would be if there is actually an "official" way through the back gate.

Thanks doaal! Had a blast.

where is the fire talisman?

Welcome to the forum, BBBECK!

Where the fire talisman is located depends on what difficulty setting you are playing on. Try looking in
    spoiler:
    a room just down the hall from the room with the Talisman holders
    on Normal (and possibly Hard, though I'm not sure). On Expert,
    spoiler:
    you need to go into the small library down the hall from the dining room, find a book on the shelves and place it on the table below the note. That opens a secret door to the section where you'll find the Talisman.

Thanks for the info, it was like 4 in the morning and i was ready to kill myself looking for it, i even knocked out all the front gatesmen in frustration, k thanks again

Mystery man

What a great level.
    Really good job Doaal Did you made other fm's?

I've just finished it on taffer and wanted to play on expert but have to think of a other strategie because i don't even get passed by the library.
    In the original levels of thief, when i play on normal or expert the strategie mostly stays the same, so this is cool.

I agree! It's close to impossible when you're only allowed to blackjack few guards and even worse, none! Some are like standing right infront of the door you need to get into, what do you do? Walk past them and pray that they won't notice you, something they most definitely will!

Doaal is making us another FM right now! I can't wait to play it, as I loved Mystery Man. Naarmo, you just have to quit wearing workboots in those big mansions!

Well..

Garret is faster than the gaurds.
    Gaurds cannot climb onto things.

I'll let you figure out the rest >=)

Cool, glad to know people are still enjoying MM after so long

Yes I am working on a prequel to MM, but I've been taking a break for about a week now, haven't been feeling good in a while and got lots of work at college.

These two new screenshots should satisfy you for a while It's geocities so you have to copy and paste the link in the address bar

Temple of Amon:
    http://www.geocities.com/thawkwind/amon1.jpg

Entrance to Temple of Amon
    http://www.geocities.com/thawkwind/amon2.jpg

I hope you're feeling better know doaal. And nice screenshots, can't wait to play it.
    Garret is faster than the gaurds. Gaurds cannot climb onto things.
    I climed on a bookshelf and the gaurds where dancing arround me, it was fun to watch and to listen but as soon i tried to run they slashed me to death. And because the bookshelf is to high to slaughter them with my sword, i think i will try the corridor way.
    Or maybe i will try..... or... aah yes that must surly be the way.
    I am off now playing.

Ok, i'm almost there.
    The only two objects i need
    spoiler:
    is to kill the man himself and to read the scrol in alexis room.
    That last one i saved so hopefully i can make a run for it to dive in the water. And offcourse to get out but that should not be any problem.
    I just need to have a break for it 'cause my heart was jumping in my throat when the man himself was coming for me. Man is he fast.

Has anyone made a fm with happy fluffy bunny's in it?? i could surly use it

Reading the scroll can actually help you out because:

spoiler:
    The Zombors and the Dark Minions don't like guards and vice versa. Also the Dark Minions are very sensitive to sudden flashes of bright light... hint hint

As for the end, a good strategy is to plant a rope arrow in one of the drops to the side of the book and hide suspended while he searches for you, then when he settles down sneak up on him and you know the rest

Stuck in mystery man

Ok, where is the treasury key? Or that guy (Lan) who was supposed to have it, who wasn't in the western tower.

t. hanibani

The Treasury key is
    spoiler:
    in the servant's quarters, upstairs. If you look on the table, there's a diary mentioning a really bad smell! Slash the banners.

Cheers. Thanks.

Oh Nightwalker you're too quick for me! Thanks for replying. Good to see people are still enjoying my old FM. Speaking of which, would it be ok if I made a reference to your name in SoS Nightwalker?

I'm still waiting for Sharga to contact me because he's looking at SoS and giving me feedback, but I warned him not to check out certain sections! And I specifically told him that defibrilators weren't included, guess he passed on the warning

I'd be honoured, Doaal! I can't wait to see this FM!

Neato And don't worry I won't give you a bad role like some of the other player names I put in MM (Read: test-tube pincushions).

I'm glad you're excited to play it, next week is my exam week and then I'll be finished my first year and get 3 weeks off! Phew, I should finally be able to work on SoS for a good amount of time! I'll definately let you know when it's ready for beta.

Uh oh here comes SlyFoxx I'd better run and look busy!

Sly creeps into the forum. Looks side to side. If that Doaal is in here instead of hard at work on his continuation of the MM story line......

Oh what the taff am I saying. Keep up the good work you taffer. We can wait.

"The Mystery Man" - some questions

Gerhard Eichberger

I have read the tip here belonging to "The Mystery Man", the thing with the treasurey key, thanks. (Although it should be simple - just when someone knows.)

Well, I play it in Normal mode. I have killed or blackjacked nearly all soldiers, but I do not find the keys. (I just have the front door key, the gate key, the dining room key and the treasury key. But I do not have the key for the door behind the secret way in the library (where the wall is moving), for the door to Talbot's room, for the door upstairs, where "no one is allowed beyond this point" and, of course, for the doors to the West Tower.

There is a room with a skeleton. By moving it the picture on the wall is moving, showing a note. When I read it, a zombie and another man are appearing. I ran away to a soldier that killed that "Mystery Man". However it seems not to bring anything so I have reloaded an older saved game, where these two guys are not yet activated - it seems that this is not necessary.

And, I did not find any opportunity to use the rope arrows.

There is a room high above the pool, but it seems to be unreachable. I am in the upper way that leads around part of the pool where the wooden reling is. I have jumped on it and try from there to jump up and climb to this room. However, I failed. Any suggestions to reach this room? I mean that one where a stone balcony is over the pool.

Well, I could try to unlit some torches with water arrows - maybe this opens one of the closed doors?

Gerhard

As far for the key for the library i can't remember (i am sure somebody else knows) but you can enter the room above the pool by going to the left in the 4 junction on the second floor. (If you go straight on, you would enter a servants quarter, with two servents standing, where you can find a key behind the banner, also don't remember what key) But anyway, go to your left and you will see a fireplace. Use a waterarrow there and go in. When you look up you will see a switch, from there the road leads on.

In Alexis room when the zombie and the other appear. It is not the mystery man yet. You will find him soon enough

For the rope arrows, there are several places where you can use them. Also in a place where you think there can be nothing or that's impossible. I suggest to try it anyhow, because there are a lot of places with treasures.
    Doaal hase a really good feeling for secrets and hiding loot.

Happy taffing.

If you follow azrarhn's advice and explore the area behind the fireplace, you'll find another key, which will get you into some more locked rooms. In one of those, you'll find the key that unlocks the door in the Library, as well as a few other things.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast