TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: KDScript 0.7.0 (2013-09-01): new script module, now with tutorials

When I fired it up last night, Darkloader took me right to Running Interference, which sort of makes sense because the demo is miss1. I'm using Windows 8, 64 bit. When I switched to FMSel, it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kdau
    For AIs, there is a temporary property that tracks the most recent speech schema, so KDSubtitledAI triggers subtitles by monitoring that property for changes.
    Don't think I quite understand, sorry. What is the temp prop? Is there a new thing listed in dromed properties of an object after you hit Add when installing your custom scripts? As for KDSubtitledAI, is this a script you'd add to an AI's properties, or would it go on some sort of trigger that would be linked to an AI or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    When I fired it up last night, Darkloader took me right to Running Interference, which sort of makes sense because the demo is miss1. I'm using Windows 8, 64 bit. When I switched to FMSel, it worked fine.
    Hmm. It works for me too in DarkLoader, or at least it did during my pre-release testing for 0.7.0. I made the demo mission miss1 so that I could use the OMs to demonstrate the KDTrapNextMission script. Perhaps some versions of DarkLoader refuse to overwrite miss1.mis? I'll do some more checking before I release 0.8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Don't think I quite understand, sorry. What is the temp prop? Is there a new thing listed in dromed properties of an object after you hit Add when installing your custom scripts? As for KDSubtitledAI, is this a script you'd add to an AI's properties, or would it go on some sort of trigger that would be linked to an AI or something?
    Temporary, or more accurately non-persistent, properties are distinguished by a grayed-out dot in DromEd. Speech → Current Speech is a temporary property added by the engine to every(?) AI at mission start/load (nothing to do with KDScript). The schemaID field of the property gives the object number of the last speech schema played on an AI, while the flags field tracks whether the AI is still speaking (1) or not (0).

KDSubtitledAI is indeed placed on the AI itself, and takes care of any speech schemas the AI plays (that have subtitles in the strings\subtitles.str file). In the documentation, I recommend that the script be placed on the Creature archetype for convenience.

Thanks for the explanation.

Just to clarify, when I load up the demo using Darkloader, and start up a new game, I'm getting the Running Interference mission, but I still have the KDScript demo objective screen. The mission lets me proceed as if I'm playing with the normal Running Interference objectives though (i.e., when I activate the birdcall, objective #1 ticks off even though it's labeled as "Explore the features of the KDScript module.")

I also don't get the Running Interference briefing video, when loading up the demo.

Again, using Windows 8, 64 bit, with Thief 1.21 and Darkloader 4.3.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It sounds like everything from the demo mission is being used except for the .mis file itself.

I'm so glad this is still being worked on!!

I was playing this 'demo' today. Some comments:
    - the graphics-info panel shows my native display-resolution (1680x1050) as 840x525. Weird, all other resolutions are displayed correct.
    - AI conversation: the subtitles for both AI are always overlapping with the text of one AI always having priority over the other, which makes it virtually impossible to see what the other AI has to tell. Sometimes the male has priority and on another playthrough it is the female whose texts have always priority.
    - when the male drops his pipe, it is hanging on the AIs body for a while before it finally drops down, which looks quite weird
    - after save/reload the health bar, visibility indicator and Objective-Marker (spot something creepy) are all gone
    Last edited by gnartsch; 8th Sep 2014 at 05:08.

You need to try it in 'old' NewDark. KDScript doesn't work with NewDark 1.22 any more.
    I made a custom HUD in NewDark 1.21. It's working fine in DromEd (1.21), but not in Thief2.exe.
    In NewDark 1.22, it doesn't even work in DromEd any more.

So, this completely died, eh? No posts from kdau in almost a year.

There was some activity in his Github project for KDScript about 3 months ago, so I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Hmmm... I don't know about the other features of this script, but setting what mission is next according to the QVars being met is working fine for me in TROTB 2. And I'm using v1.22.

Still no news here? I may be willing to use some of these scripts...
    Last edited by Sperry; 24th Dec 2019 at 12:16.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345