TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob's Textures and Skins (Warning: Undead ahead)

Clearinghouse

I was actually just about to start looking for door and window textures..
    many thanks!

You now have your own page on my site. LINK

If you want to add comments, changes, etc, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Hahaha Are you saying that there shouldn't have been a comma after "greens"? But that is funny, I never thought of reading it that way.

And nice work, necrobob! Are you thinking of making some more ruined old quarter textures by any chance?
    NO, you've got to have the comma when addressing someone.

Unless you rearrange the wording (Boys and girls, eat your greens!) yeah, it's one of those "double-meaning" sentences. Another way to write it, would be to add a comma after boys (Eat your greens, boys, and girls!) to literally give meaning to R Soul's interpretation, but no way in that order that I can think of to get your intent. Depending on mental state (hehe), that will determine how some people will interpret the statement. And there's just no helping the mental state of some taffers out there!

And I'm sure there are other ways...

Boys and girls: Eat your greens!

I'm no language expert; just my two cents' worth. Nice work, btw. Very creepy. Who's the Wiseau guy anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Hit Deity View Post
    Who's the Wiseau guy anyway?
    He's the writer, producer, director and star of The Room, an infamous "so bad it's good" movie. Imagine Graf Orlok from Nosferatu cast as the leading man in a plot hole-ridden romantic melodrama, and you'll get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    You now have your own page on my site.
    Sweet header. Thanks for the distinction, and thanks to Clearing too.

But wait, there's more!

Download here: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/DasM...ary/BobTimber1

Also, since we're in season for it, more horror.

Made a skin based on the infinitely huggable Tarman from Return of the Living Dead.

Right click, save as. Uses the rotten zombie model.

I'm not too pleased with some of the compromises I had to make to get the skin to fit the model -such as having to give him a bit of hair- but some others worked out surprisingly well. Since the model doesn't have a jaw, the one in the skin is fused into the model's neck and, coupled with the skin's darkness, gives an illusion of an independently moving jaw when the zombie lurches around. The way it sometimes stretches far beyond the realms of physical possibilty during some actions actually just enhances the effect in an over-the-top way. Tarman comes from a horror comedy, after all.

Nonetheless, I made a jawless version for those who don't want the "fake jaw" effect.
    Last edited by Necrobob; 27th Oct 2013 at 05:05.

DromEd Archmage
    Question: How do you do this wet effect on skulls? What software do you use?
    That's interesting a lot!

Added to SITE.

yummy.. looks so juicy

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Question: How do you do this wet effect on skulls? What software do you use?
    That's interesting a lot!
    Well, in the case of Tarman here, the shiny effect was already there, since I used a screencap from the movie.
    Sometimes I use the filter in Photoshop (which is the software I use) that does a sort of plastic sheet effect on top of pictures. It rarely looks good to just use it "as is," though, so I usually apply it onto a duplicate layer and erase the bits that don't look convincing.
    Most of the time however, it's simply good ol' painting and artistic knowledge of how highlights work.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagooga View Post
    yummy.. looks so juicy
    He is quite well marinated, isn't he?

STUFF!

They's here: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/DasM...y/BobConcrete1

NO ONE EXPECTS THE HAMMERITE INQUISITION!

High resolution (living) Hammerite skins with 17 different faces, on TDBonko's high poly Hammer solider model, what more do you want?
    Download from Google Drive

The skins mostly follow canon style, except the metal "skirt" which is cloth due to the distinctly unmetallic way it deforms with movement on the new model.

PS. A certain blond bearded Brother in particular says hi.

Added to SITE.

Heh heh..great stuff, NB.
    All we need now is a Hammer model brandishing some soft cushions.

Here's the stained glass window I made custom for Chalice of Souls, now available for use to everyone else! Higher resolution than the version appearing in CoS.

https://goo.gl/photos/sWNhcxKTrohmmBhN7
    Ready-to-use PNG.
    https://goo.gl/photos/B7a34eQ7rAiGEXzP8
    Alpha masked version for material effects.
    Last edited by Necrobob; 28th Sep 2015 at 09:00. Reason: Google Photo can feck off...

@Ricebug Thanks for the hosting!

@Necrobob Do you have a location where you store our delicious textures for the community to use? I'd like to go back further than what's in this thread, my texture library is still dog doodoo.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Can you post the hi-res version and the normals over in your tdm thread when you get a min, ta.

@Gamophyte
    These textures are basically as old as my stuff gets while still being good-ish enough to use. Some of em are about six years old, and any older than that you probably don't want, trust me.

@Bikerdude
    I'll try to remember. Meanwhile, what with those being simple concrete surfaces, Njob should do an okay job. You've got my blessing for usage in any case.

Speaking of my tdm thread...

I was on vacation in Croatia back in june, and came back with a lot of textures. While you Thief modders won't get much use from the normal maps, the base textures still look good on their own.
    Batch 1
    Batch 2
    Batch 3
    Batch 4
    These are all PNG's ready to use in NewDark, but I'd recommend converting the larger textures to compressed DDS. Also, filenames need to be shortened from the Dark Mod naming conventions down to something dark engine compatible.
    Last edited by Necrobob; 28th Sep 2015 at 09:22.

Nice

It's very nice what you're doing for us, Bob; your texture pack is the one I use most in my Thief playing.

Thanks guys, have some more: Last Croatia batch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12