TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief2 New Dark FM - Love Story V Part 1 (14th Aug 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Check the scroll in the small room on ground floor leading to the tower and you have the answer.
    Doh! Thanks Gnartsch, if I would've read the third page, that was an easy one. I walked past it 2 times.

Great mission John!... Can't wait for Part II. to be continued..

Thanks dbrilliant!! I really enjoyed making this mission. Hopefully Part 2 will be out by the end of the year.

d. Dec 2017
    Just finished this very nicely done FM on Expert the first time through. That was quite an experience searching high and low for that elusive fuse; the gears; the switch in the jail 'area' and the escape key. It probably took an extra 2 hrs. to frob almost every sq. in. of this map...however, I spotted the diamond very soon but couldn't get to it for awhile.

Good work, John! The Easter Egg was beautifully done as well as the secret in the jail. Looking forward to the next part.

When I frobbed the candle upstairs on the balcony of the Offices, I got a 'secret found' alert. Couldn't find anything it may have triggered. Where is the secret?

Expert: 4 hrs. 19 min. Found only $2022 of $3122. Found 4 of 5 secrets.
    Hard: 1 hr. 25 min. $2054 of $3122. Found 4 of 5 secrets.

Missing quite a bit of money and one of the secrets

Behind a picture in the office with the store room..

Wow Dawggon that's a long time to play. no need to blind frob anywherr but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Wow Dawggon that's a long time to play. no need to blind frob anywherr but thanks!
    A delightful little mission, 2+ hours of pure enjoyment.
    Missing one secret: the wall relief at the bottom of the jail looks and feels very suspect, but I can't find any switch nearby, or a candle to put out...

Csamba thank you. : Look closely at the alcoves in the central part of the jail. There is a metal door and a torch on each side of the alcoves.

Loved, loved, loved it, thanks a lot john!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Csamba thank you. : Look closely at the alcoves in the central part of the jail. There is a metal door and a torch on each side of the alcoves.
    Thanks a bunch, John! I was up there already, but obviously did not look closely enough...
    You're a "Love Story master" This was a really joyful ride. I'm positively looking forward to Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Thanks a bunch, John! I was up there already, but obviously did not look closely enough...
    You're a "Love Story master" This was a really joyful ride. I'm positively looking forward to Part 2
    I need some more obvious hints.

I cannot find this switch in the alcoves. I am far down in the prison/jail and looking all over the walls. You mention a metal door and 2 torches I am in that area. I have spent a lot of time looking at every brick around that door and the area in general. This is the area with the flickering light and before you get to the stairs for the upper jail cell area Am I in the right spot?

-- OK found it... Need to hop! Now the next issue...

Also, people have said there is a gear in the jail, but another said there were 2 in the offices Which one is it? I am playing on Expert and have all objectives done, with the sewer grate open, but I have not gone down there yet.

Thanks,

Bjack

Master Builder 2018
    There are not two in the offices, only one. One is in the jail building but not down in the cell area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    There are not two in the offices, only one. One is in the jail building but not down in the cell area.
    Thanks, that is my last quest then, since I have everything else, may not all the loot, but a whole boat load so far. Cheers Tannar, Bjack

However, I have searched the entire jail up and down and cannot find that object anywhere. You say it is not in the cell area. OK, well, it is not by the security bots or upstairs in the toilets or anywhere else I have searched Please, can someone give me an outright spoiler here for the gear located in the jail? Thanks!
    Last edited by bjack; 18th Aug 2013 at 15:29.

Fully spoilered answer:
    spoiler:
    It is on the same floor as the watcher, but not in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Fully spoilered answer:
    spoiler:
    It is on the same floor as the watcher, but not in the same room.
    Thanks Gnarsch. I was looking there over and over but not well enough. Cool.

Finished, but missed one secret. Thanks John for this FM. It was fun. Only critical thing is I think the AI were a bit too sensitive to any noise. I was standing in dark, not moving at all, then leaned forward and got a "I HEARD THAT!". It also seems you turned up the "stamina?" of the AI so when alerted, they cannot be bjacked. I figured that one out early on and played accordingly. Nice mission overall. Looking forward to the next chapter. Cheers, ya'll.

Bjack
    Last edited by bjack; 18th Aug 2013 at 15:48.

I didn't find that. In fact I often used to bang on the door of the guard post and wait for them to come looking for me then blackjack them. And most other places I could use a noise to entice someone over.

Thanks bjack! Actually I made some AI less sensitive to sounds, but often they seem oversensitive if Garrett is walking on tile.
    Last edited by john9818a; 21st Aug 2013 at 01:30.

I forgot to mention this in the readme file but the custom photos used in the paintings were photos I took at home with a Canon XSi DSLR.

Thanks for the mission John.

I sure got thrown on the Fuse. I happened to read the hints when I was in here well before I even tried to find it. And I thought they meant that the Fuse was up the stairs on the second floor in the cell area of the jail and I had to go up there and look up. And go even higher. Ha, well when I got ready to hunt for it I was up in that very area and got on top of the knee wall looking up. I cannot tell you how many times I duck walked that knee wall looking up! And of course it isn't down / up there at all. Somewhere along they way it dawned on me to check the OTHER Up stairs. It was cake from there. I have to remember not to read hints until I need hints.

So when is Part 2?
    Last edited by Sneak; 21st Aug 2013 at 21:18.

Sneak thanks! Part 2 won't be ready until the end of the year. All I can say is that it will have a lot of technical wizardry.

I'm glad you liked it maga!! I'm sure Part 2 will be a lot better!
    Last edited by john9818a; 22nd Aug 2013 at 02:51.

Where can i find the Diamond? what does the complex look like?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Where can i find the Diamond? what does the complex look like?
    You'll kick yourself on this one... Outright spoiler, with a tid-bit of mystery, but not much... Go to the tower area that is next to the prison/jail and look outside. You will see a tree that is taller than any other tree in the game. The diamond it at the top of the tree The secret is how do you get there? You need to open the gates at the top of the tower to get access to the tree.

OK, not much mystery in the spoil... I like Cardia1's work and wanted to help Sometimes even the best of us get stuck... For me it is when I have had a few too many ales! I am sure everyone else is 100% sober playing all the time Cheers, Bjack

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    You'll kick yourself on this one... Outright spoiler, with a tid-bit of mystery, but not much... Go to the tower area that is next to the prison/jail and look outside. You will see a tree that is taller than any other tree in the game. The diamond it at the top of the tree The secret is how do you get there? You need to open the gates at the top of the tower to get access to the tree.

OK, not much mystery in the spoil... I like Cardia1's work and wanted to help Sometimes even the best of us get stuck... For me it is when I have had a few too many ales! I am sure everyone else is 100% sober playing all the time Cheers, Bjack
    Thanks Bjack, i might be 100 % sober when i play but most of the time i get distracted because i start to think who´s the next girl that i want to stalk

Where´s the key to the sewers in the warehouse?

Sewer key: In the jail - well hidden

I know this is rather trivial but if you douse the flame in the broken barrel/chair near the male guard barracks the guard will walk inside the barracks. While inside if you douse the fireplace and the guard is there he will leave and go on patrol.

I like putting details like this into my fm even though it isn't obvious.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast