TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief2 New Dark FM - Love Story V Part 1 (14th Aug 2013)

I have been nearly everywhere except the bonus area. Also, I cannot find the diamond, but I have the dewdrop. Very nice winter atmosphere, by the way.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was announcing a new edition of an old mission for New Dark.

Nice mission, and a bit of a relief to one which is complete, and not one rushed in 48 hours.

I think the cook was the first person I KOed (on Expert), so I never got to see whatever happens when you summon the cook using the button in the little girl's house. There is a small frobbable table in the little girl's which I could not use, is that also linked to the cook?

Nevermind, I found the diamond. But one thing I dont know, where is the candy? Searched everywhere.

@ticky: it's among some large crates

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    There is a small frobbable table in the little girl's which I could not use, is that also linked to the cook?
    Yes. When you summon the cook she brings a tray of food for the girl which you can put on that table for a bonus objective.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Sewer key: In the jail - well hidden
    The jail is big and i can´t find it, big spoiler please.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    The jail is big and i can´t find it, big spoiler please.
    There's a tiny stool which, unlike the others, is frobbable. It's in one of the upper cells, I think. Remove it and look underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    There's a tiny stool which, unlike the others, is frobbable. It's in one of the upper cells, I think. Remove it and look underneath.
    Thanks Marbien, Mission finished. Thanks for this one John, another enjoyable classic thief 2 mission of high quality loved the new paintings.

Looking foward for more

Thanks Cardia! I can't wait to release Part 2!

Doh! 4 out of 5 secrets. I can recall I got two in the cells area, but I can't remember where the others were. Is anyone prepared to give hints to all 5?

@Marbrien: Without giving big spoilers the secret locations are:

3 in the jail
    1 outside the SW corner of the tower
    1 in the office building (NE corner of map)

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    @Marbrien: Without giving big spoilers the secret locations are:

3 in the jail
    1 outside the SW corner of the tower
    1 in the office building (NE corner of map)
    Thanks. It was the one at the SW corner of the tower I was missing.

Ghost

The only gear I've found is in the jail building, past the room with the Watcher (not the one down the steep ramp), behind some boxes; but I can't take it... it's a gear-shaped switch. I have no idea what it activates; I flipped it but couldn't see anything different after switching.

I'm also thoroughly confused about the gear that requires me to look up; look up from where? In that same room with the gear-lever? In the tower? Somewhere completely different?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post

The only gear I've found is in the jail building, past the room with the Watcher (not the one down the steep ramp), behind some boxes; but I can't take it... it's a gear-shaped switch. I have no idea what it activates; I flipped it but couldn't see anything different after switching.
    It's for an optional objective and easter egg area. There are three more of these gear switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I'm also thoroughly confused about the gear that requires me to look up; look up from where? In that same room with the gear-lever? In the tower? Somewhere completely different?
    It's not a gear you are after with these hints. It's something that is needed to fulfill a required objective. Spoiler: Upstairs area above the upper Watcher.

Great mission, John! A surprise it was more of a "cozy" mansion-type mission than your usual city missions.
    A nice touch I noticed: A wandering female civilian flipped the light switch in the jail building back on, and she even commented that it "wasn't supposed to look like this", or something like that.
    (The reason she was not blackjacked was that I did not (at the time) know if she was Laura or not (thus not to be harmed)).

Thanks Jiansonz! I like adding little details to make the AI seem alive and aware of their surroundings as opposed to being robotic and just walking around like extras in a movie.

Two questions (playing on expert).

Where is the archers key? I really don't need it, just wondering.

According to the note, when I press the button for the cook once than once again nothing happens. But I should note that I've knocked out two servants in the kitchen area and don't know if one of them is the cook. If so than the cook deep asleep and not on duty.
    If not what has happened to the cook?

Many thanks for this mission.

Master Builder 2018
    That key is in the second floor mess hall, hanging on the wall next to the door to the archers' guardpost

Yes, you knocked out the cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    That key is in the second floor mess hall, hanging on the wall next to the door to the archers' guardpost
    The archers were really super-sensitive so whenever I entered the mess hall two of them came after me. After knocking one of them I could rope arrow up to them and deal with the rest.

Yes, you knocked out the cook.
    Should this be considered being a bug?

Master Builder 2018
    No, it's not a bug. Allowing the player to knock out the cook was intentional. It doesn't break anything. It's just that if you don't, you have access to a bonus objective as a reward for not just blackjacking everyone.

No, it's not a bug. Allowing the player to knock out the cook was intentional. It doesn't break anything. It's just that if you don't, you have access to a bonus objective as a reward for not just blackjacking everyone.
    Still I could have called the cook first and knocked her out later. Bonus objective accomplished and everyone knocked out. So no any real award here. If I had entered the mansion first I might have done so without knowing anything about this award.

Master Builder 2018
    That's true. I'll have to let John explain his reasoning since he's the only one that knows for sure what he was thinking. But I suspect it was left this way so that the bonus objective would have some conditions under which it is possible and some in which it is not. That would make finding it a bit more satisfying, I think.

Cattmer if I had made an objective to not ko the cook it would have been like Garrett had psychic abilities and somehow knew there was a reason to keep her awake. Since it wasn't important to the mission there wasn't any reason to prevent the player from ko her out.

I'm doing a second run through now to see if I can get 100% loot this time, additionally I'm "trying" to allow everyone to remain conscious. I also plan to get the diamond the correct way this time.

Quick question though, is there anyway to turn off the camera's in the jail?

#Edit
    An interesting thing just happened. I was in the jail banging on the metal door trying to get the guards attention when Stephanies boyfriend somehow released himself and the objective ticked off. That's what I call security!
    Last edited by Jitz; 28th Aug 2013 at 14:13.

No Jitz, they can't be turned off. You have to sneak around them.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm done in the jail anyway so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast