TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief2 New Dark FM - Love Story V Part 1 (14th Aug 2013)

Ghost
    1) It appears there are several hidden objectives: Releasing the boyfriend, getting a tray of food for the "starving" girl, the grotto opening up, perhaps others. Is there some way to look into one of the game files to see what I've missed?

2) Also, I cannot get the cook objective to trigger -- and I'm ghosting, so nobody is unconscious or dead. I push the button in the mansion dining room, but no matter how long I wait, the blue light never lights and nobody comes. (The little girl is still wandering around complaining that she's "starving." And if it's the same cook, the one in the kitchen, she's just standing in her kitchen, staring at the door through which one would enter -- making it impossible to do so without busting the ghost. She's not responding to the bell.) Am I doing something wrong, or is something in the mission broken?

3) Finally, I'm missing the third secret in the jail; I have the two nearby ones in the bottom level, the small room to the right past the metal door and the bas relief that opens.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Master Builder 2018
    There are other hidden objectives but the ones you listed are the only bonus objectives. And the grotto is an easter egg. The easiest way to check these things in the mission zip is to open the file "goals.str" which is in the Intrface folder. In this mission, that file is in Intrface\Miss24\English.

For the cook objective, if the cook is just standing there, try a reload of an earlier save and see if that gets her patrolling again. That happened a few times during testing.

The third secret is in an occupied cell. Check the torches.

If you are on Expert there is no way to turn off the cameras but in Normal and Hard there is.

There is a lever on the wall at the beginning of the patrolling guard's path.

Ghost
    Tannar, I went back to a save some 25 minutes earlier; but Cook is still just standing there humming. What is her patrol supposed to entail, from where to where?

Is there anything else that will re-trigger her to start patrolling again?

I think she's been eating some of those mushrooms in the sewer...

Dafydd

Master Builder 2018
    She patrols from the kitchen to the small servants' quarters just down that short hall off the kitchen. If all else fails, you could try alerting her and maybe once she calms down she will resume her patrol.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Alert the cook, and as she recoils she might back into the zone where she can navigate again. Of course she will flee and send guards back to the kitchen if they aren't KO. Once she returns and calms down she will respond to the dinner bell. Remember that once she responds it can't happen again, so anything that will alert her on the way has to be out of sight.

Finally got around to playing this It was really great. Didn't expect a lot of stuff to be where they were (Like the diamond on top of the tree) When is part 2 coming?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Csamba thank you. : Look closely at the alcoves in the central part of the jail. There is a metal door and a torch on each side of the alcoves.
    Still struggling with this switch - I've been all over. I need more detail please...

As usual - found it after posting - I'd looked there a thousand times and not seen it. For those who also may be having difficulty:
    At the top of the stairs to the upper cells, still in the room with the relief, jump across to the alcove over the metal door, with the torch and look at the inside corners.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 31st Aug 2013 at 08:56.

Infinitus hopefully before the end of the year Part 2 will be released.

Frobbin hood on expert the switch is on the side you are referring to but on normal and hard the switch is on the other side - the side that has the ladder.

missing secret and freezer builidng key

I finished with 4/5 secrets, missing alot of loot.

is there a freezer room key or is this a red herring?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Master Builder 2018
    You'll find it in the kitchen.

I opened this up in Dromed and got a whole slew of "failed to load model" errors. Looks like custom models were used and then omitted from the zip for some reason.

Also, the following are unzipped into the thief 2 directory:

Program Files/Thief2/LS5-2/miss24.mis

They're both the same size but that .mis file is newer than the one already in the root directory.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 30th Sep 2013 at 00:48.

Last edited by Ricebug; 4th Jan 2014 at 20:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    This appears to be the 'minor change' from august 15.
    Seems like John put it into the wrong place which renders it void

Download the lootlist and you'll see another problem. It's contained in the original post.

Hmmm... you are talking in miracles, Ricebug.
    Actually it was me who created the lootlist... and I can not spot a mistake - unless something got changed after beta.
    Do you mean that the link to the lootlist is obsolete, because the lootlist is contained in the zip anyway?

No. The lootlist includes the whole mission file as well. 26+Mb. The lootlist itself is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    I opened this up in Dromed and got a whole slew of "failed to load model" errors. Looks like custom models were used and then omitted from the zip for some reason.

They're both the same size but that .mis file is newer than the one already in the root directory.
    I get this same slew of errors when I play a mission through FMSel and then open the mission's mis file in dromed from another folder. Every custom object used in the mission was added individually as I added them to my mission so nothing is missing.

I updated the zip file and put the latest mis file into the correct place. Sorry about the boo boo.

Thanks!
    In your first post you can remove the link to the Lootlist.
    It points to the entire old ZIP. Pretty confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Thanks!
    In your first post you can remove the link to the Lootlist.
    It points to the entire old ZIP. Pretty confusing.
    I included it in the walkthrough, so yeah...delete it.

What's strange is that I fixed that lootlist link once before and now it is back to the way it was originally. I removed the link since the same file is already in the zip file.

Thanks for the walkthrough Ricebug!

I'm in the little girl's house, and I can't find the cook! I can't even find the kitchen. I went downstairs, I found the safe, the shower, the toilet the bathroom and no kitchen downstairs or upstairs. I'm quite baffled

The kitchen and cook are in another building. If you go to the starting point and climb up the nearest ladder out of the sewer you will be near the servant quarters with the kitchen.

Got it finished. I completely missed that building. Great fm, can't wait for second part.

I'm on 1.25. I can't open the gates in the tower. Levers do nothing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast