TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief2 New Dark FM - Love Story V Part 1 (14th Aug 2013)

Thief2 New Dark FM - Love Story V Part 1 (14th Aug 2013)

After several years of working on my latest Love Story mission I have finally finished!!

This FM requires New Dark 1.21 and must be run from FM Sel or Darkloader. Please do not use Garrettloader.

Love Story V Part 1
    This is the latest version as of August 14, 2017.

I would like to seriously thank the following beta testers for their patience and insight, and if it wasn't for them this mission would not be as polished as it is now:

ffox, Gloria Creep, Gnartsch, Nickie, Nightwalker, Peter Smith, Ravenhook, Tannar

There were a couple of instances where the cook got stuck in the kitchen, but it will in no way prevent the mission from being completed.
    Last edited by john9818a; 14th Aug 2017 at 05:31. Reason: Added French translation

Congratulations on the release of your new mission, John! It was a pleasure to be allowed to help with the testing. I'm sure you're all going to love it.

Wow, it's been a smorgasbord of new FMs recently! Thanks John and congrats on the release

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    This FM requires New Dark 1.21 and must be run from FM Sel.
    Congrats on the release. But what's the deal here? I was able to start up the mission fine with Darkloader. Will something not work properly once I get into the mission if I keep playing this way?

I played it with Darkloader during testing and it worked fine so I'm not sure what that's about. I did miss the last couple of rounds of final testing due to a mix-up but unless something major was changed at that point, you shouldn't have to worry.

Thanks Linda! I appreciate you taking the time to test my mission.

Thanks Bosh and Brethren!!

I didn't try it through darkloader but I did use garrettloader for the longest time. The little girl's voice had a very low pitch on some wavs with garrettloader but not through FM Sel.

I think that is due to the way that Garrettloader handles sound files. You should have no problems with Darkloader, Brethren. I've played the release version with Darkloader and had no issues of any kind.

And congrats on the release, John!

DromEd Archmage
    That's funny, a mission released with the contest missions ^^
    I don't think that this one was done for the contest or built under a 48 hour delay XD
    but it must be interesting...

Let's try this!

Congrats fellow FM maker!

Thanks Mike!

Firemage oh no not 48 hrs. My build time was more than 39 days worth of continuous dromeding spanned over a few years.

Congrats I still have to finish the contest missions first and then i'll dive right into this one

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Congrats, John! I know how long you worked on this one.

Thanks Russ! Well there was a period of procrastination but once the inspiration came back it was like an avalanche.

InfinituS Thanks! The contest missions are refreshing to me since I've been at work in mine for so long.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations on the release

Very nice mission John! I've been playing for about an hour now and I'm having a blast!

I do have a question though, I think I did something wrong. Was I supposed to find and use the fuse before I got the diamond?

Thanks Jitz! I hoped it would be enjoyable.

if you are playing on Normal and Hard it won't really matter. On expert it is necessary to use the fuse to open the gate at the top of the tower.
    Last edited by john9818a; 14th Aug 2013 at 22:42.

Congratulations, John, on the release of Love Story V! This should be a treat for everyone that enjoy your missions, including me.
    I downloaded it but will not be able to play until this w/e. Thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks Dawggon! Now I can finish Part 2.

Yeah, I played on expert. I was able to wiggle on top of the barrel on the lower balcony then jump to the tree. It wasn't that hard to do it, but then I realized the barrel was probably there to block the player.

I never did find the fuse, where is it?

The fuse is somewhere in the jail building.

Yea it was meant to block the player.

I tried hard to get out on that balcony, but evidently not hard enough. I was able to drop down from above, looking for loot, but that serves no purpose.

Congratulations on the release, John. It was a pleasure testing your mission.

Thanks Smithpd. I'm not sure what you meant by that first part.

I think he's referring to my post John.

Smithpd, I banged on it a bunch with my sword first so maybe that made a difference?

OK John, one more question. I found two gears, one in the office area and one in the jail area. What do they do? How many more are there?
    Last edited by Jitz; 18th Aug 2013 at 15:09.

There are 4 in total and you'll see in due course.

d. 2014
    any more mirrors,this one wont work for me

Clearinghouse
    ttlg.de: LS5-1f52.zip

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast