TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TDM FM: Requiem by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher (2013/10/6)

A city mission like all should be: From a single, humble house to much more mysterious surroundings with some inventive designs.

This is a truly great & polished mission! Very well done - highly recommended!

(The only thing that I'm slightly miffed about is that I could have used it to test the new TDM 2.0 release - if I had known earlier that it was already released... )

not sure how to get the second seal i think it is thats behind the glowing shield ???, place is being patrolled be undead to . Any hints.

and is Dark mod web site down as i can not get on it ???.
    Last edited by nickie; 27th Oct 2013 at 14:51. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Hey Lord Soth,

Hint
    spoiler:

read the letter at the entrance to that section next to the skeleton

Answer
    spoiler:
    You need to sneak up and steal the crowns off of the patrolling revenants heads. Once you've taken all the crowns the seal should become accessible :-).

I lit all the shrines and...

Quote Originally Posted by gfleisher View Post
    Hey Soldi,

spoiler:
    You need to have 4 of the shrines turned on, and the rest off. There is a readable in the area before that tells you which ones.

Exact answer:

spoiler:
    Turn on Ice, Earth (green one in the center), Cup, and Skull.

Let me know if you are still stuck :-).
    ...the objective ticks off. Now if there's only 4 needed can I extinguish the others & what ever is supposed to happen will happen anyway? Or do I have to start over with sum kinda order? I saved right before lighting in the 1st shrine & the green one was the worst to get to as the last one...

You can simply douse the ones which should not be lit.

They don't need to be turned on in any special order. As long as those 4 are on and the other 4 are off, then the cage will open. Dousing shouldn't work though, you'll need to frob them to turn them on and off.

Earth shrine

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    Thank you, gfleisher! It worked! Ice, cup and skull - it's easy, but sign of the Earth - it is very difficult to guess. The sign of Earth does not look like Earth.
    I'm guessing the earth shrine is the green one,

the one on the bottom floor in the middle, since with all the zombies that was the hardest one to get to.

Wow, I figured out how to do a spoiler with my iPad, progress

Got the jar, now how do I destroy it?

I'm guessing I'm supposed to open the gate in the floor & throw it in the fire pit, but where is the key to that trap door

Am in the creepy library & put all the candles & sum torches out, is there anything to get in here?

Key to gate/trap door maybe?
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 27th Oct 2013 at 16:20. Reason: Just cuz

Hey Acolyte6,

Hint:

spoiler:

Look for more stairs.

Exact Answer:

spoiler:

The key is on the topmost floor of the tower.

second seal

I just got the second seal, but am having a hard time ambling back up the water area. Is there a certain pattern to getting back to the top?

Hey TafferJim,

Normally I would hop on rock that's partially submerged in the water. Then mantle onto the flat gray rock. Next look at the rock jutting out from the wall Make sure you're not crouching and then mantling onto it should be pretty easy. From there it's pretty easy to mantle across and back up the exit.

Let me know if you still can't do it, and I'll try to find the spot in FenPhoenix's LP when he does it.

will try a few more times, if not, and you can't find the spot I may have to quit this one. I don't mind ambling, just don't understand why some mission writers want to make it so difficult.
    Hey TafferJim,

Normally I would hop on rock that's partially submerged in the water. Then mantle onto the flat gray rock. Next look at the rock jutting out from the wall Make sure you're not crouching and then mantling onto it should be pretty easy. From there it's pretty easy to mantle across and back up the exit.

Let me know if you still can't do it, and I'll try to find the spot in FenPhoenix's LP when he does it.

Hey TafferJim,

Definately not on purpose :-). Here's the LP, the climb back up the tricky part of the waterfall starts at 9:55. He actually starts at 8:50, but he gets stuck and looks around elsewhere before figuring it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QO6gWS6VwA

Sometimes the crouch indicator can say that you're standing up when you're actually stuck under something in crouch position. Toggle the crouch button and if your viewpoint doesn't rise & fall, you're underneath something that's keeping you in crouch position. Edge away from the wall and you should be able to stand up and make the jump.

Been playing TDM for two years and I can still get caught out by this (this particular climb is a case in point).

Just for the record (I'm the Let's Player in the video), my crouch indicator *did* indicate I was crouched there, but I believe my problem was that I assumed I'd always be standing up after mantling (as that is the case in Thief), but it doesn't seem to be the case in The Dark Mod. Pretty sure anyway. Which is actually a good thing as it makes things more precise, but long time Thief players will probably be caught off guard by it sooner or later.

Hey Acolyte6,

Hint:

spoiler:

Look for more stairs.

Exact Answer:

spoiler:

The key is on the topmost floor of the tower.
    In the creepy library or is there another floor? If in the library, can you give me a hint on its exact location, cuz when I put out all the torches I can't see any of the spooks anymore.

From the library you can get even higher!

This is a magnificent mission, 10/10.

I understand this can be a difficult mission...can someone please just tell me two things. Not hints...just please tell me so I can be on my way.

Blackjack????? Cant go taffin w/o it..
    A reference to arrows in the starting house..I was in the small room under the house but only got a butterknife( it might as well be) and some water arrows. Is there moreThankyou//

Raided the police station..cant imagine going any further with a few flash bombs and water arrows and mines..I want my Blackjack!!!

Hey Lightningline,

The blackjack should be in the starting house, in the same little area as the sword and other equipment. You might have missed picking it up (or it got knocked on the ground somehow).

There is a cache of arrows hidden in the starting house too, but they're not critical for the mission :-). Try looking around the starting area (before you get to the guard station) for some other goodies. If you want specifics on where to find those, just let me know.

Hope you have fun!
    Last edited by nickie; 27th Nov 2013 at 03:09. Reason: Spoiler cover added

wow..that was quick...thanks.
    Last edited by nickie; 27th Nov 2013 at 03:10. Reason: No need to quote post directly above yours

Haha, you caught me just as I was checking the forums .
    Last edited by nickie; 27th Nov 2013 at 03:10. Reason: No need to quote post directly above yours

This was an amazing FM - one of the best I've ever played - Thief, TDM or otherwise. Incredible. I already want to go back and play it again. It's one of those missions where just when you think you're about to wrap it up, you suddenly realize it's only beginning. I couldn't help but think of Eshaktaar's missions when I played this.

If you haven't fired it up, do it now. Thanks Moonbo for an awesome mission, I can't imagine the amount of work that must have gone into it. Looking forward to your next one.

Thanks Brethren, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for all the services you provide to the Thief community!

I finished it today! This FM ist AMAZING! I"ve played a lot of FMs for TDM (but not yet the all of them), and Requiem is the best one in my private ranking right now. I will write the review too, but only in my native language on our polish thief forum (sorry dudes :P)

Keep doing! Good job taffer!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast