TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T1 FM - Autumn in Lampfire Hills - Newdark Re-release - Updated 2014-10-07

There's a balcony not far from there. Rope arrow you are gonna need. Wood above your head, shoot and be lucky once you are in.

Concerning the idea to patch Darkloader... I don't think this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Good luck finding someone with a Delphi 3 compiler and the knowledge how to identify the game type properly, which would actually be the hardest part, I guess.
    Actually, it looks like this someone would have to develop a new method in order to determine the game type, as far as I can tell. I've looked a bit at the source code one can install with Darkloader, and apparently, Darkloader searches all .mis files for certain text strings ("SKYOBJVAR" and "MAPPARAM") which are present in T2 missions, but not in T1 missions. Unfortunately, these strings are present in all NewDark missions, regardless of whether these are for T1 NewDark or T2 NewDark.

I guess it's better to get used to FMSel instead.

For some reason I can't frob the lever at Garrett's house, even though I unlocked the lock with the key. I right click on the lever but nothing happens, no matter if the lock is unlocked or locked...

If you accidentally use the key on the lever instead of the lock, this can happen (I know -- it's odd). I don't know if this is what has happened in your case, but if you have a save from before the point when you tried unlocking it, reload that save and make sure you use the key on the lock rather than the lever right next to it.

It looks great, but there's something I have a hard time with: the AI and are a lot brighter, and the shadows seem to have little effect on them. Is there a way to fix this?

This is what I see:

(Yes, there's an AI under the stairs).

I'm not sure why your AI seem to be brighter than mine. In fact, someone else mentioned the whole level seemed a lot darker than before (which is probably true, since I changed the rendering parameters so that there would be a slight orange tinge to the level.)

That's really weird I don't understand why even the lighting is completely different in yours, it looks like Thief 2

I added colored lighting to the torches and fire in the gamesys. Are you sure you're using my re-release version, and not the original version? I believe the original archive was named "fire.zip" and my is called "Lampfire_2.0b.zip"

Ok I reinstalled it and the lighting looks ok, but the AI still don't react to it :

Is there something in an ini or cfg file I could change maybe?

Does this happen with ALL Fan Missions, or just this one? Do you have a save I could look at? Also, are you running it in NewDark 1.21, and not 1.19, or 1.20?

Ok, that might be the problem, I just realized I'm still running T1 with 1.19, I forgot to change it. I'll try with 1.21, thanks

Yeah, that's exactly what it was, I just installed 1.21 and it's back to normal, thanks

Yeah, it was me that mentioned this mission is very dark. Just tried again (NewDark 1.21). It is very dark compared to the original one, very dark.

Happy Halloween Taffers! I've released an update to my improved version of Autumn in Lampfire Hills, by Purah. Many MANY bugs have been fixed, and improvements have been made, including a briefing video!
    Download the new archive from the OP. Check it out, and enjoy this Halloween season!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Woohoo, thanks AM_16! Perfect time of year for the update!

Yes, thank you! Looking forward to seeing what you've done. I usually replay this on or around Halloween anyway.

thank you very much this was needed

I have the latest verson of both Thief Gold and Thief 2. I have FMsel for Thief 2, but I use Darkloader for Thief Gold.

Somewhy my Darkloader detects this misson as a T2 mission, and FMsel starts, if I want to play this. I could play Thief Gold missions properly before.
    Any ideas?

Darkloader thinks new dark T1 FM's are for T2 because you're using the T2 game engine. It's easy enough to fix.

1)start darkloader so it detects the new mission.
    2)close darkloader and go your darkloader directory and find darkloader.ini.
    3)open that file with notepad and notice how each mission's name is in [brackets] with Type=1 or Type=2 directly below it.
    4)find the mission in question...it's probably at the bottom...and change the 2 to a 1 since you want to use Thief 1.
    5)save the file, relaunch darkloader and you're good to go.

most of the textures were black in my game so it was impossible to even open a door,and i so wanted to play this new version

Southquarter.com/fms
    Can't remember exactly what causes this, but when I load the mission using Darkloader, everything is in French. I then tried using FMSel, and all is good. Is this just a setting or something in Darkloader.ini that needs to be adjusted?

@Downwinder
    Are you using an old save? They aren't compatible with the updated mission. How are you installing the mission? Also, are you running Newdark 1.22? It's required.

@Brethren
    I don't know what causes this either, I'm afraid. The french resources are all in their own standard language folders, so I presume it must be something with your setup. For dark, I believe language is specified in your install.cfg file

yes running new dark 1.22,i had this happen on another mission,i got no clue why it does that,but i am sure its amazing,i do remember the stone path was black along with fountain,and no doors could be opened,and in next part of map 95% of everything was black,except pumpkins,couldn't see guards but i heard them,no doors opened ,could not frob anything

i forgot how to run fmsel i use darkloader not sure if that is a problem

someone should make a all in one download that can run any mission ,starting to get a bit out of hand on how much we need to run a mission,newdark/taffer patch/etc

i have over the years had to wipe my thief offf comp so many times to get things to work,its seems like over time it wants to break missions

If you're using darkloader, then it's going to detect the FM as a Thief2 mission, then install it to your Thief2 directory. Follow the steps that SlyFoxx posted above to fix this. Darkloader really needs an update, or people need to start using FMSel instead.

To enable FMSel, open "cam_mod.ini" and uncomment the line "fm". Save.

can some one just please update darkloader

its starting to get hard to play a fan mission with all these textures showing up black making i would say 3-5 missions unplayable that i have experienced

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast