TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Island of Sorrow" T2 NewDark fm-Halloween Contest 2013

Island of Sorrow 2013

"Island of Sorrow" T2 NewDark fm-Halloween Contest 2013

No.3 Island of Sorrow T2 NewDark v1.21 with custom scripts. NvScript.osm, and Tnhscript.osm

Note from the Author:
    It was tested using Darkloader v4.1 and fmselector, the later was preferred but it runs fine in Darkloader. It won't run in GarrettLoader as they stated an error came up, having too many files. Could be just the GL version. Don't know!

The zip contains 3 avi. videos:Briefing.avi,Cutscene.avi, and Success.avi
    Codec used:Indeo v5.10 It is compatible with the original.
    The Author will send a zip without the .avi videos for an option for those who can't play them on their machines.

At Game Start: There is a 3 minute Intro/Briefing/Story.avi
    A Note: You will need to use your next weapon selection to find an important tool during the game. You can use your configured next weapon key, or scoll with the mouse wheel from the number 1 slot.

Get it Here:
    http://www.southquarter.com/download...row_Ver1.4.zip updated

Get it Here: http://thiefmissions.com/m/IslandOfSorrow Ver1.4 updated

Please Vote Here! :http://www.ttlg.com/polls/Halloween2013
    Last edited by MysteryMan; 17th Nov 2013 at 16:34.

Awesome! Was wondering when the next will show up Thanks.

It's great! I'm downloading!

Thank you, downloading now...

Clearinghouse
    Congrats on the release, anonymous author!

Great mission! Really moody and gives a really special atmosphere.

I'm a little stuck near the end though.

I killed the 3 vamp lords and now got to the killing of lthe werewolf boss. I thought I picked up a sword earlier on from that knight, but I only had a pick axe in hand now. Did it bug out on me or was I imagining things? I got no other item I could use against him and brute force did not help me, believe me I tried.

Once again, thank you, author, for making something awesome like this! Lovely mood.
    Last edited by Thor; 5th Nov 2013 at 10:41.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Great mission! Really moody and gives a really speacial atmosphere.

I'm a little stuck near the end though.

I killed the 3 vamp lords and now got to kil lthe werewolf boss. I thought I picked up a sword earlier on from that knight, but I only had a pick axe in hand now. Did it bug out on me or was I imagining things? I got no other item I could use against him and brute force did not help me, believe me I tried.

Once again, thank you, author, for making sometihng awesome like this! Lovely mood.
    how did you get so far so fast,i am stll wandering around finding nothing,exept a key

d. 2014
    on my way now I foundanother key

Heh, just lucky timing. Usually by the time I notice a new FM there's several pages of hints and spoilers already, haha. And I don't even feel like playing that often. But this FM really hit the spot for me. I only wish I could take it to the end.

Also, don't forget to dig for the woman's grave at the very beginning area of the mission, I only realised I didn't do it when I got to the finale. But alas, even that did not help.

For when you get further into the mission:
    When you find the knight's resting place, tell me - do you then acquire a sword? I could've sworn that I did :/.

Master Builder 2018
    Congrats on the release, mystery author! Looking forward to playing it.

Congrats, I`m free from work tomorrow, so let`s play Thief 2

I'm stuck at the beginning. I'm in the attic and can't figure out a way to get on the higher level, as my rope arrows make a noise but they disappear......

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm stuck at the beginning. I'm in the attic and can't figure out a way to get on the higher level, as my rope arrows make a noise but they disappear......
    trying on the side walls

Any mirror? Please!

Yes, can someone please provide a mirror? The bandwidth is exceeded at the provided link.

Island of Sorrow 2013

Temporary link here

Sorry about that, Thiefmissions has been out of touch for a few days, so another host is welcomed to share the hosting.

The final update:Version 1.4 see first post of this thread, or Halloween Contest release thread.
    Last edited by MysteryMan; 11th Nov 2013 at 03:17.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Don't forget that NewDark gives you better mantle abilities! You can actually mantle up to the beams without rope arrows or stuff to step on first.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's a mirror:

Island of Sorrow

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Thankyou Brethren !

Island of Sorrow 2013
    The Final Updated version 1.4 See the first post of this thread. No.3
    Last edited by MysteryMan; 11th Nov 2013 at 03:18.

looking for a key

I am in the caves with pirates, burricks. found a stalagtite gate with two skulls, and a lock. not found the key to it anywhere. Can I get a hint?

thank you.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

shadow crawler i figured it out, go to mine area and grab another pick axe then go to the place the armor is on ground and hit the rock next to it a bit

now i need some help how do i kill 3 vampires,i got all 3 daggers and dragon sword,but if i throw the daggers at them nothing happens,i tryed dragon sword but noway tey dropping like that,i also tryed holy water arrows,with no luck also i tryed to use holy water arrows onto daggers ,nothing,then i tryed to put each dagger in the coeect named coffin things and hit button and nothing,so how do they die?
    Last edited by downwinder; 6th Nov 2013 at 01:37.

Downwinder,

you got the dragon sword? Was it by the knight? If so, then my game really is bugged.

As for your problem:
    Did you go through the door after that room with 3 coffins? I do not honestly remember for sure at this point, but I think the vampires showed up only when you found Timmy. Then you come back and just throw the appropriate knives at each vampire.

Oh well, can you tell me what happens after you do in the final boss? Like is there a final cutscene at the end or something?

Speaking of cutscenes, I did not quite get that one obscure cutscene right before I get to the vampire lords area. That's not how it happened at all! Or is I not kill that guy yet that took Timmy in the beginning? I thought he's one of the 3 vampire lords... .

Finished This was so awesome filled with a lot of cool stuff. The first part with the house was my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Downwinder,

you got the dragon sword? Was it by the knight? If so, then my game really is bugged.
    You don't have the dragon sword after you picked it up from the knight? Use the "Next weapon" command key and it should be right after the pickaxe.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    You don't have the dragon sword after you picked it up from the knight? Use the "Next weapon" command key and it should be right after the pickaxe.
    OH! That hit the spot. Jesus that was a dumb problem.

Also downwinder, sorry, but now I remember what you need to do: you need to use those phorsphorus lamps you better hope you god you picked up in the caves. You need 2 of them and use them on the two burning torches in the final area. One in the room with coffins, other in the room with Timmy. Good luck, sir.

Btw, anybody figured out what that suspicious looking spcae behind a rock did in the wall which surrounded lava? Or how to access that one piece of loot where you'd have to cross lava to get it? Or nevermind the latter, it's just a skull, lol.

Edit: Ok, finished. 6 SECRETS?! I ONLY FOUND 1! WHAT...
    Last edited by Thor; 6th Nov 2013 at 04:20.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast