TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 NEW DARK MISSION: "Mechanists on the rise" v0.7 (06/10/14)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Linkz View Post
    Finally finished level 1 with no saves, click on Continue.....and guess what?? Crash to desktop....
    I also had that crash when moving on to second mission, restart the mission and do alt+ctrl+shift+end to skip to second mission

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    downloading version 4 ,will post,as last version i played was first one

ok played version 4 and it was great, the second mission was my fav due to game play and music

another good fm forsure
    Thank you for playing and im glad you enjoy this one

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Finally finished level 1 with no saves, click on Continue.....and guess what?? Crash to desktop....
    Were you using Darkloader or fm selector having this crash? I never had a problem with fm selector.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    I also had that crash when moving on to second mission, restart the mission and do alt+ctrl+shift+end to skip to second mission
    That ain`t working on my laptop, and i can`t save. When i`ll go to the upper part in level 1, i`ts no more saving without crash to desktop. I`ll wait for fix..
    For somehow i never had that combination working on my laptop (alt+ctrl+shift+end)

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Were you using Darkloader or fm selector having this crash? I never had a problem with fm selector.
    I use Darkloader V4.3 Darthslair.
    I also tryed the FM-Selector, but it crashed also

**sniff** now i`m missing this great FM **sniff**

I use Darkloader V4.3 Darthslair.
    I also tryed the FM-Selector, but it crashed also

T-linkz, the importante is that you have finished the first mission, just press simultaniously the following keys: alt+ctrl+shift+end to play the second mission

The latest v0.4 fixed the crashes for me, are you using that version?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    The latest v0.4 fixed the crashes for me, are you using that version?
    Yep, i used al 4 of them

Yep, i used al 4 of them
    Then i reckon you are in the second mission right?

Master Builder 2018
    I need a bit of help. I'm playing on Expert and I cannot figure out where to place the bombs. I see the floor plaques that talk about radiation and I've tried putting the bombs on those and I've tried putting the bombs on the glass "windows" in the floor that show the pipes underneath but nothing happens. Is there something the bombs are supposed to interact with? In other words, do I "use" the bombs on something or just drop them?

Also, I'm confused about the objectives. The mission objectives in the objective screen (intrface\miss20\goals.str) are not really the same as the goals listed in the note in my inventory (books\english\goals.str). For example:

1. The note in my inventory says I must steal the "Augmentation Canister" but I have found no such thing anywhere and the mission objectives do not mention it. The note in my inventory says it is being held in the processor at the laboratory but I don't have any way of knowing what the "processor" is nor which laboratory you mean.
    2. The note in my inventory says I must steal the "Regeneration Canisters" (plural) but the mission objectives say "Regeneration Canister" (singular). I have stolen them.
    3. The mission objectives say I must steal the "Enhancer Prototype" but the note in my inventory does not mention this item and I don't know what it is referring to. I haven't found any such item.
    4. The mission objectives say I must destroy the "Mutant Predecessor Egg" and I have done that. But the note in my inventory does not mention it.

Can you give me some clarification, please?

Hi Mike

The Bombs are placed on the glass floor panels by dropping them. Once they are dropped they should become unfrobbable, then step back far away. One bomb is dropped on the floor panel in the laboratory that is adjacent to the creature pens. Go into the main creature pen, where the 2 creatures battle it out.
    The other bomb is dropped on the floor panel in the upper Mech Lab, and yes you are correct, as the Danger warning floor signs are next to the glass panels.

There is no: Augmentation canister, only the Regeneration Canister, and the Enhancer Prototype Canister. The Regeneration canister (1) along with the 5 Enhancer canisters to be destroyed are off the main corridor in the upper labs, just near the elevator. The Enhancement Prototype Canister, the one you steal, is in the upper Mech Lab. once you have turned off the 2 generators that keep it safe, the glass panel will rise and then you can squat to take it. The 1st generator is adjacent to the Cistern, and next to the Restroom. The other is in the old office building near the Creature Pens.

There may be another update, and some of that can be clarified.

Finished! I loved it a lot My favourite part was the city in the second mission. Amazing

Master Builder 2018
    Thanks, Rod! I'm goin' back in...

Edit: Done with mission one. For some reason I just couldn't seem to find the right spot to drop the bombs. I had them on the correct glass floor windows but just not in exactly the right place. They wouldn't become unfrobbable. I finally found the right spot and they worked fine.

I really enjoyed the mission, other than the confusion. I think having specific names for labs, rooms, items etc. and sticking to them exactly in the texts and goals would have eliminated the confusion. But the mission is beautifully done and very engaging. I enjoyed exploring the place and every new area was a treat. I like the many neat little touches throughout. For example, I saw your picture on the wall, Rod. And that spider creature was frightening.

Thanks Pedro, Rod and Duncan. I had a great time. I'm off to mission 2...
    Last edited by Tannar; 13th Nov 2013 at 13:31.

Thanks darthslair. I forgot all about that attic door!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post

Edit: Done with mission one. For some reason I just couldn't seem to find the right spot to drop the bombs. I had them on the correct glass floor windows but just not in exactly the right place. They wouldn't become unfrobbable. I finally found the right spot and they worked fine.

I really enjoyed the mission, other than the confusion. I think having specific names for labs, rooms, items etc. and sticking to them exactly in the texts and goals would have eliminated the confusion. But the mission is beautifully done and very engaging. I enjoyed exploring the place and every new area was a treat. I like the many neat little touches throughout. For example, I saw your picture on the wall, Rod. And that spider creature was frightening.

Glad you had a good time Mike, and I didn't see that before. My umbrella looks good in that pic.

@frobbin hood, no problem, glad you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post

Im glad you enjoy it Mike...Rods picture? could you tell me excatly where can i find that picture?

Glad you had a good time Mike, and I didn't see that before. My umbrella looks good in that pic.

@frobbin hood, no problem, glad you found it.
    Ahhh, now that you mentioned the umbrela i know wich picture youre talking about, something really futuristic by Renoir

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Ahhh, now that you mentioned the umbrela i know wich picture youre talking about, something really futuristic by Renoir

Yes, Rod, nice umbrella!

mission 1

I am not able to open the glass cases in the lab. I went to the sewer to enable all the switches, and then disabled them all, it does not work...... also, is there a way to disable the watcher where the elevator is???

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I am not able to open the glass cases in the lab. I went to the sewer to enable all the switches, and then disabled them all, it does not work...... also, is there a way to disable the watcher where the elevator is???
    For the watcher where the elevator is, wait (either under the watcher or in the elevator) until it's looking away and then run across to the little alcove where there's a table and a guy sitting there. Deal with him, then on the left side on the floor is a frobbable grate, behind that grate is a open circuit and a switch. Throw the switch.

For the glass case in the lab, there's one room by the elevator that is controlled by a 4-digit combo - see elsewhere in this thread for hints on the combo. There's also one area farther along where you must turn off power to get the object - I don't remember the exact location of the power but there are multiple locations. The one that I think you're supposed to turn off actually had a readable that strongly encouraged you to turn it off. Keep searching multiple areas until you find you've turned the power off - it was a while before I found the right switch to turn off power.

Hope this helps!

- prjames

The next version 0.5 will have some clarified objectives in the readables.

d. 2014
    mission 2 been in the brothel, where is the agent I have to meet in the bakery,only a woman there

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    mission 2 been in the brothel, where is the agent I have to meet in the bakery,only a woman there
    You must take take of Julia, and your objectives with her first, then Keeper Pedro will show up at the bakery.

d. 2014
    You must take take of Julia, and your objectives with her first, then Keeper Pedro will show up at the bakery.
    thanks a lot I missed thosetrays

Thank you prjames for your reply, but the cases I cannot open are in the lab, I already had opened the other ones.
    I have been to the mechanist area, and flipped a lever in a warehouse which turned an alarm on. I found the man. I don't see any readables near the machines, I've gone back to the sewer at the beginning...... I'm quite confused.......

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast